Startin' tonight - unedited version.

All the Elvis you can take

John

Re: Startin' tonight - unedited version.

Postby John » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:28 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
John wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:Thanks colonel....I didn't know that. It makes sense though.
I wonder why they cut it....it's one of the better songs on the soundtrack.
And it is a musical, they should have left it in.

Elvis singing in the shower surrounded by half naked blokes? No way.

No, Elvis would have done the studio track further along in the movie, as per colonelsnow.
All them blokes would have had to time to get dressed by then.
Unless they were still hanging around in the shower waiting for another song from Elvis.

Or for him to drop the soap.

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:53 am

foreverelvis wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
John wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:There are at least 3 different length versions prepared and considered for `Startin` tonight`...

Colonel

After “Shopping Around” Elvis and Juliet leave the Cafe Europa and walk. That dialogue scene transitions to the outside cafe with the small accordion band playing an instrumental that lacks “ooze”, which leads into “Tonight Is So Right For Love”.

If I’ve understood your post correctly there was another scene where Elvis sang a 1:15 version of “What’s She Really Like” between the walking scene and the cafe. Is that correct?

Do you have any script pages showing the scene that was cut that likely contained What’s She Really Like (1:15)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By your request: here is the page from the final white script (20 april 1960)

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

foreverelvis

Postby foreverelvis » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:36 am

colonel snow wrote:
foreverelvis wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
John wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:There are at least 3 different length versions prepared and considered for `Startin` tonight`...

Colonel

After “Shopping Around” Elvis and Juliet leave the Cafe Europa and walk. That dialogue scene transitions to the outside cafe with the small accordion band playing an instrumental that lacks “ooze”, which leads into “Tonight Is So Right For Love”.

If I’ve understood your post correctly there was another scene where Elvis sang a 1:15 version of “What’s She Really Like” between the walking scene and the cafe. Is that correct?

Do you have any script pages showing the scene that was cut that likely contained What’s She Really Like (1:15)?

colonel snow

Thank you, so What’s She Really Like was originally in the Shoppin’ Around spot. The two songs were never intended to both be in the movie. Correct?

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:23 pm

foreverelvis wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
foreverelvis wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
John wrote:

Colonel

colonel snow

Thank you, so What’s She Really Like was originally in the Shoppin’ Around spot. The two songs were never intended to both be in the movie. Correct?

I've seen the musical sequence for G.I. Blues including instrumental tracks written by Joseph J Lilley. I don't know he reason why the song is replaced.

colonel snow

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:07 pm

foreverelvis wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
foreverelvis wrote:

Yes, thank you. I got them off you tube years ago.

I was wondering what RCA/BMG/Sony/FTD actually has in their vault? I’m always hoping they have them on tape so they could do a complete restoration of the soundtrack.

Here is the clip (Wolf call - Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce in terrible sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DBlM4qfgE

colonel snow

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Here is the instrumental track 2009 - Startin' tonight - take 3.

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:45 pm

colonel snow wrote:Here another "rarety": Spring fever - track 2412-1 (female vocal overdub)

colonel snow

Thanks for the upload, that female vocal overdub was the one used & mixed for the final movie track! 8-).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcfqNqKayS0

Source: https://www.keithflynn.com/recording-se ... 40615.html
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Return to “Everything Elvis”