Trivia Quiz - No.680 - Solved

Pit your wits against the quiz master
User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 20834
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4695 times
Been thanked: 4993 times

Trivia Quiz - No.680 - Solved

Postby Colin B » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 am

Trivia Quiz - No.680


Trivia Quiz 680a.JPG


A couple of spare chairs, but nobody sitting on them.

Where & when ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


purity
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:24 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby purity » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:50 am

Steve Allen rehearsal?


Jupiter
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby Jupiter » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am

Fox Theater, Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956

Jupiter

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 20834
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4695 times
Been thanked: 4993 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby Colin B » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:50 am

purity wrote:Steve Allen rehearsal?


No, not from there, but it is that year...

Jupiter wrote:Fox Theater, Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956


It's not from there, but the date is very close...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 6762
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 3404 times
Been thanked: 3265 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby TonyS » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Colin B wrote:
purity wrote:Steve Allen rehearsal?


No, not from there, but it is that year...

Jupiter wrote:Fox Theater, Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956


It's not from there, but the date is very close...

Check your source carefully Colin, I have a feeling that 'Jupiter' might be correct.
Those chairs are seen on page 20 of 'A Moment In Time - 4 Days in '56' by Michael Rose as part of the Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956 chapter.
Elvis is seen wearing a light jacket with his collar up, and at the piano also.
It's certainly possible that your source could be wrong.... or even mine.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 6762
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 3404 times
Been thanked: 3265 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby TonyS » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:10 am

OK, I'll take a guess you have this one down as Dayton, May 27th 1956?
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 20834
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4695 times
Been thanked: 4993 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby Colin B » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm

TonyS wrote:Check your source carefully Colin, I have a feeling that 'Jupiter' might be correct.
Those chairs are seen on page 20 of 'A Moment In Time - 4 Days in '56' by Michael Rose as part of the Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956 chapter.
Elvis is seen wearing a light jacket with his collar up, and at the piano also.
It's certainly possible that your source could be wrong.... or even mine.


Those chairs on page 20 aren't the same ones that I've posted & it isn't Detroit !

He isn't wearing light jacket with his collar up, either !

However, it is from one of the days in the "A Moment in Time - 4 days in '56" book !

TonyS wrote:OK, I'll take a guess you have this one down as Dayton, May 27th 1956?


May 25th Detroit & May 27th Dayton - it's somewhere around there !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 6762
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 3404 times
Been thanked: 3265 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby TonyS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:50 pm

Colin B wrote:
TonyS wrote:Check your source carefully Colin, I have a feeling that 'Jupiter' might be correct.
Those chairs are seen on page 20 of 'A Moment In Time - 4 Days in '56' by Michael Rose as part of the Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956 chapter.
Elvis is seen wearing a light jacket with his collar up, and at the piano also.
It's certainly possible that your source could be wrong.... or even mine.


Those chairs on page 20 aren't the same ones that I've posted & it isn't Detroit !

He isn't wearing light jacket with his collar up, either !

However, it is from one of the days in the "A Moment in Time - 4 days in '56" book !

TonyS wrote:OK, I'll take a guess you have this one down as Dayton, May 27th 1956?


May 25th Detroit & May 27th Dayton - it's somewhere around there !

May 26th ? :lol:
Colombus, Ohio?
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 20834
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4695 times
Been thanked: 4993 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby Colin B » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm

TonyS wrote: May 26th ? :lol:
Colombus, Ohio?


Yes !

26th May 1956 - Veterans Memorial Auditorium - Columbus OH.JPG


On stage on 26th May, 1956, at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium, Columbus, Ohio.

Well done, TonyS who gets full marks, even though he challenged the quizmaster's sources [unsuccessfully] !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 6762
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 3404 times
Been thanked: 3265 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Postby TonyS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Colin B wrote:Well done, TonyS who gets full marks, even though he challenged the quizmaster's sources [unsuccessfully] !

Hey, nobody's perfect, as you know. :lol:
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.


Return to “The Trivia Quiz”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest