Spot The Error

Share your non-Elvis stuff here
User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 19482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4286 times
Been thanked: 4466 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Colin B » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:56 pm

Not sure if those years given are recording dates or release dates, but some look a tad odd.

Also some spelling mistakes like Good Luck Charme !

And they've included the words in brackets from the titles, but not always [Teddy Bear & (You're the) Devil in Disguise]
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 5931
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 2867 times
Been thanked: 2841 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby TonyS » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:28 pm

Colin B wrote:Not sure if those years given are recording dates or release dates, but some look a tad odd.

Also some spelling mistakes like Good Luck Charme !

And they've included the words in brackets from the titles, but not always [Teddy Bear & (You're the) Devil in Disguise]

Release dates, but CD3 track 12 :shock:
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 19482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4286 times
Been thanked: 4466 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Colin B » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Colin B wrote:Not sure if those years given are recording dates or release dates, but some look a tad odd.

Also some spelling mistakes like Good Luck Charme !

And they've included the words in brackets from the titles, but not always [Teddy Bear & (You're the) Devil in Disguise]
TonyS wrote:Release dates, but CD3 track 12 :shock:


I've Got To Find My Baby was first released in 1965 on the Girl Happy soundtrack album.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 7021
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 2008 times
Been thanked: 3551 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:23 pm

Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:Not sure if those years given are recording dates or release dates, but some look a tad odd.

Also some spelling mistakes like Good Luck Charme !

And they've included the words in brackets from the titles, but not always [Teddy Bear & (You're the) Devil in Disguise]
TonyS wrote:Release dates, but CD3 track 12 :shock:


I've Got To Find My Baby was first released in 1965 on the Girl Happy soundtrack album.


They sure meant "I've Got A Thing About You Baby".

Which song is actually included ?


Ben
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Leeds
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:55 pm

And You'll Never Walk Alone from 1971? They must have meant the Camden album release of it.

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 5931
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 2867 times
Been thanked: 2841 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby TonyS » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 am

2004
IMG_7117.JPG

1981
IMG_7118.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 19482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4286 times
Been thanked: 4466 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Colin B » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:02 am

The 1981 release didn't chart in the UK.

The 2004 one peaked at No.3 !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 5931
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 2867 times
Been thanked: 2841 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby TonyS » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:13 am

Colin B wrote:The 1981 release didn't chart in the UK.

The 2004 one peaked at No.3 !

Irrelevant , they say on the 2004 promo that 'That's All Right' has never been released as a single in the U.K. before.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 19482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4286 times
Been thanked: 4466 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Colin B » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:31 am

Colin B wrote:The 1981 release didn't chart in the UK.

The 2004 one peaked at No.3 !
TonyS wrote:Irrelevant , they say on the 2004 promo that 'That's All Right' has never been released as a single in the U.K. before.


I wasn't going for 'relevance' - just adding a slither of info.

The error was so obvious, I didn't refer to it specifically...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


cadillac-elvis
Posts: 2695
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 am
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 781 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby cadillac-elvis » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:00 am

TonyS wrote:
Colin B wrote:The 1981 release didn't chart in the UK.

The 2004 one peaked at No.3 !

Irrelevant , they say on the 2004 promo that 'That's All Right' has never been released as a single in the U.K. before.


Could that have meant as CD-Single?

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 19482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4286 times
Been thanked: 4466 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Colin B » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:14 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:Could that have meant as CD-Single?


Possibly.

In the UK, from July, 1981 to May, 1982 they quietly slipped out 7 Elvis vinyl singles in their Golden V Grooves series,
which also featured other artists.

The Elvis ones had [mostly] previously released singles titles but with different pairings:

I Just Can't Help Believin'/Bridge Over Troubled Water

An American Trilogy/Suspicious Minds

The Girl of My Best Friend/Suspicion

That's All Right/Harbour Lights

Good Rockin' Tonight/Mystery Train

If Everyday Was Like Christmas/Blue Christmas

Way Down/Moody Blue


The general public wasn't very aware of these releases & none of them charted.

Strangely, during this time, they also released the Are You Lonesome Tonight/From a Jack to a King pairing, but on their 'regular' label !

And that one charted !

Odd.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Steve
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Steve » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:09 pm

I imagine the Golden Grooves titles sold reasonably well because they were reissued later with picture sleeves.

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 5931
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 2867 times
Been thanked: 2841 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby TonyS » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:23 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Could that have meant as CD-Single?

No, a single is a single.
Vinyl, cassette or CD.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.


Ben
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Leeds
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 177 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Ben » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:19 am

Colin B wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:Could that have meant as CD-Single?


Possibly.

In the UK, from July, 1981 to May, 1982 they quietly slipped out 7 Elvis vinyl singles in their Golden V Grooves series,
which also featured other artists.

The Elvis ones had [mostly] previously released singles titles but with different pairings:

I Just Can't Help Believin'/Bridge Over Troubled Water

An American Trilogy/Suspicious Minds

The Girl of My Best Friend/Suspicion

That's All Right/Harbour Lights

Good Rockin' Tonight/Mystery Train

If Everyday Was Like Christmas/Blue Christmas

Way Down/Moody Blue


The general public wasn't very aware of these releases & none of them charted.

Strangely, during this time, they also released the Are You Lonesome Tonight/From a Jack to a King pairing, but on their 'regular' label !

And that one charted !

Odd.

I haven't got any of them and haven't heard of them before.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 19482
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4286 times
Been thanked: 4466 times

Re: Spot The Error

Postby Colin B » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:11 am

Ben wrote:I haven't got any of them and haven't heard of them before.


As I said the releases were 'slipped out quietly' by RCA - & few fans knew about them...

Golden Groove Release - 1981 - 001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests