TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Elvis coffin photo - mystery solved

Postby TonyS » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Jovan

Postby Jovan » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:34 pm

This is a more convincing approach, for those who can't help believin'... I'm not one of them :)

https://www.thepresleyassignment.com/ap ... =175788837

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:07 pm

TonyS wrote:I'm afraid Mr Spa Guys reputation is currently taking a hit.
He's most recent theories, including this one, are way off the mark and damage him in my view.
The info regarding the coffin photo(s) is out there, I've covered it in detail many times before, including the camera used which is NOT the one Spa Guy shows in this video.
Sad to see Billy going down the theories route without evidence to support his most recent claims, the facts are available if he could be bothered to do some real research.

Do you have that article, whereas you covered the camera, Tony? I would love to read it, please.

Billy is open to correction (or whatever is applicable), which is happening, he is interacting with people who were present at a lot of things that he has covered, and that is a good thing, something to respect.

To my eye, as I said previously in this thread, the photo was partially drawn, I shall ask about that, too.

At least Spa Guy did not put out a book that psychoanalysed Elvis (anyone who is in that game will not ever say anything in public, they would have to see their patient first), or a bestie talking about personal hygiene. So, we have to be fair.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:16 pm

TonyS wrote:I'm afraid Mr Spa Guys reputation is currently taking a hit.
He's most recent theories, including this one, are way off the mark and damage him in my view.
The info regarding the coffin photo(s) is out there, I've covered it in detail many times before, including the camera used which is NOT the one Spa Guy shows in this video.
Sad to see Billy going down the theories route without evidence to support his most recent claims, the facts are available if he could be bothered to do some real research.

I think Billy wants to be correct. Could you please advise which else needs fine tuning?

I know that the "fine tuning' is happening with some things, it would be good for others to be also fine tuned, that you refer to, as those who were around Elvis, all they want is for Elvis to be portrayed, as, how it was, and they are doing that as much as they can.

If not too much trouble, if you could let me know, please?

Thanks, again, Tony.

Topic author
Scooby

Postby Scooby » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:35 pm

The infamous coffin photo is FAKE.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:52 am

Scooby wrote:The infamous coffin photo is FAKE.

I don't disagree, as I've said before with regard to the drawing portion of the coffin.

This was said by a family friend, who saw Elvis Instate, was an employee, neighbour, and was thought of as "family" etc.:

"I understand the photo was taken in the basement at Memphis Funeral home after the autopsy before he was moved to Graceland."

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:38 am

I do have the article, but I'm done correcting people for their own benefit when they can do the work themselves.
There is so much wrong with Billy's recent musings and theories that I'm no longer entertaining it.
My choice.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:16 am

TonyS wrote:I do have the article, but I'm done correcting people for their own benefit when they can do the work themselves.
There is so much wrong with Billy's recent musings and theories that I'm no longer entertaining it.
My choice.

That's understandable, Tony, I was just conversing with you.

Take care.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:27 am

I haven't done any 'research' on the coffin photo, as it doesn't interest me very much.

I do remember reading somewhere that the person taking the photo took three shots, with the first being a 'selfie' as the camera was the wrong way round !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:29 am

Colin B wrote:I haven't done any 'research' on the coffin photo, as it doesn't interest me very much.

I do remember reading somewhere that the person taking the photo took three shots, with the first being a 'selfie' as the camera was the wrong way round !

The whole thing is just too sad.

However, when there is a clue, like if the camera may have not been what was claimed, I think, "A mystery to be solved" and my interest is piqued.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:42 am

Mountain Mist wrote:The whole thing is just too sad.

However, when there is a clue, like if the camera may have not been what was claimed, I think, "A mystery to be solved" and my interest is piqued.

The whole world loves a mystery !

For me, the mystery is why did they forbid cameras when his open coffin was on public display ?

Can hardly be for reasons of privacy, as people almost as famous as he was were freely allowed coffin photos when displayed in public:

Pope - Dead.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:55 am

Colin B wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:The whole thing is just too sad.

The whole world loves a mystery !

For me, the mystery is why did they forbid cameras when his open coffin was on public display ?

Can hardly be for reasons of privacy, as people almost as famous as he was were freely allowed coffin photos when displayed in public:

Pope - Dead.jpg

I would hate it if those I loved's funeral was a side show. That is just my opinion. If in mourning, who would want to take a photo, too?

The people in the photo that you shared, are known for taking their photos, too.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:47 am

Mountain Mist wrote:I would hate it if those I loved's funeral was a side show.
That is just my opinion.
If in mourning, who would want to take a photo, too?
The people in the photo that you shared, are known for taking their photos, too.

Pope - Dead.jpg

Even though the Pope is dead, it looks like he's holding up his hand as if to say:

"Enough, already !"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Colin B wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:I would hate it if those I loved's funeral was a side show.
That is just my opinion.
If in mourning, who would want to take a photo, too?

Pope - Dead.jpg

Even though the Pope is dead, it looks like he's holding up his hand as if to say:

"Enough, already !"

Awful.

Harty

Postby Harty » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:47 am

Yes but the coffin, the brackets beside the coffin looks like drawing. It ist not photo-like.

Return to “Everything Elvis”