All the Elvis you can take

Suspicious Minds

Re: Lisa Marie Spotted in New York

Postby Suspicious Minds » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 pm

John wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:
Pacer wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:
TonyS wrote:Personally I think Lisa inherited some of her genes from Gladys, via Elvis of course.
It's sad that she can't seem to settle some of her demons.

I have empathy for her. No one wants to be born to become an addict of anything. She was spoiled by Elvis, first. And her lifelong bad moves or decisions (IMO), are mostly products of the addiction, disease, that does not care about celebrity, rich, poor, or everyone else in between. And money doesn't automatically fix it. if it did, many would still be with us today.
She did try the almost impossibility of making it on her own talent. And in my opinion, wrote and sang some decent songs, and had success with the more important music sophomore effort album release. It's something...no matter how small. But I think (hope I am wrong), she will struggle for a long time. And sadly, because of her (automatic by birth celebrity) relation to Elvis, will make it all the harder. I wish her well.

Well,i have sympathy for her too and what the press is making with her is cruel.
From the beginning to now....
But I don't think all her actions or wrong moves were motivated by illness......
Some things were just moves by poor judgement, like every Person can do.
Unless you trying to say that she had an illness and addiction even almost 20 years ago.
And if you think that I would like to know what makes you think that.
Cause I don't think she had addiction or illness 15 years ago necessarily.

In a recent interview, she said she became severely addicted at the age of 45.
On the other hand, in other previous interviews, she also confessed being already hooked on drugs - the first time - at the age of 14.

She's certainly not had it easy with her relationships, what with Nick Cage, Michael Jackson and the latest whoever he is. Then also having to hear about the father she probably worshipped, and to live in his shadow, and Scientology, and losing millions. I feel very sorry for her.

Indeed. I feel sorry for her too.
One of the saddest things I heard her say in an interview is that there had been occasions that she as a kid had to drag her overmedicated father to his bedroom (or resting spot). So sad. For both of them.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:48 pm

Pacer wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:I quite like her 2012 album "Storm and Grace". The title song is supposedly about Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT1OAfP8z1s

Funny, what make up does with somebody.
On this cover she don't look like herself.
The smoldering elvis look in her eyes is missing.

She looks,although thin, like a much older country singer on that cover shot.

Good observation, I have observed with things like this that too much makeup can age a person, I guess the makeup artist was not the best.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:53 pm

TonyS wrote:
Hard Rocker wrote:In fairness, she's a better singer than Gladys! :)

Well, one poorly recorded home recording is hardly a fair representation.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

I can't sing, so I am not commenting from experience, however I would like to hear Lisa singing in a higher octave, this lower octave does not appear naturally comfortable for her. Perhaps she feels that she has more control of her voice in the lower octave.

Scooby

Postby Scooby » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 am

Once Lisa woke up and left the Church Of Scientology her life as gone down hill mentally, physically and financially. Sadly this is what they do to a member who leaves their cult. They destroy them within. Elvis saw right through them and told them that they would never get his money. But then he died and they got his money.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:43 am

Priscilla attended an interview in Australia, she brought 16 minders with her, more than anyone else who has been interviewed by our journalists here, in Australia, by experienced journalists over 30 years, such as Kerryanne Kennerly. This shows me, along with other known interactions, how and what Cilla thinks of herself, as an active cult member (the celebrity cult members are treated like royalty). As a contrast, Will Smith, who is a talent, he brought one minder to his Australian interviews.

Lisa has had a rough time and we probably don't know the half of it.
Last edited by Mountain Mist on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 am

Scooby wrote:Once Lisa woke up and left the Church Of Scientology her life as gone down hill mentally, physically and financially. Sadly this is what they do to a member who leaves their cult. They destroy them within. Elvis saw right through them and told them that they would never get his money. But then he died and they got his money.

Yes the scientologists plant wrong information, they intimidate, they stalk, they turn people against each other, until "they win". Makes me feel sick, that they get away with it.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:51 am

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:10 am

Lisa would not have a mother, or anyone else in her family who is a scientologist as she is a "suppressive", this is why her odd step-brother is berating her constantly, all this is part of the cult and how they treat people who leave.

https://youtu.be/45pGsPfQcog

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 pm

Pink&Black wrote:I quite like her 2012 album "Storm and Grace". The title song is supposedly about Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT1OAfP8z1s

I've been listening to this album over the past 2 weeks. IMO it's excellent.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Tue May 14, 2019 10:33 pm

PanzerMan1001

Postby PanzerMan1001 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:13 am

Yikes.

Judith

Postby Judith » Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 am

Although it got some good reviews, i am pretty sure the Presley name worked against her. If this has been made by a newcomer, chances are it would have been hailed as a masterpiece. Her voice isn't for everyone, but I quite like it. The coverphoto for the album was shot on the Graceland Grounds.

LMFP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Without a song the road would never bend

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Wed May 15, 2019 9:46 am

Storm & Grace is a pretty good album, but of all her tunes I still much prefer 'Idiot' .
It's very Debbie Harry influenced IMO and I'd love to hear Debbie doing a version of it.https://youtube.com/watch?v=GE48bQ4jGBA

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 am

TonyS wrote:Storm & Grace is a pretty good album, but of all her tunes I still much prefer 'Idiot' .
It's very Debbie Harry influenced IMO and I'd love to hear Debbie doing a version of it.https://youtube.com/watch?v=GE48bQ4jGBA

I like "Idiot", too, with Lisa appearing to be singing more comfortably, in her voice range. Lots of attitude, and I wonder who she was singing about. Michael or Nick.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 15, 2019 11:49 am

Pink&Black wrote:Although it got some good reviews, i am pretty sure the Presley name worked against her.
If this has been made by a newcomer, chances are it would have been hailed as a masterpiece.
Her voice isn't for everyone, but I quite like it...

I'd never really given that idea much thought.

I reckon you're on to something there !

Too many people [many of them fans of her father] simply 'wrote her off' as a performer because they thought she was just 'cashing in' on the family name.

Her singing career to some extent just 'withered on the vine' despite some fine work from her...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Everything Elvis”