The Memphis Mafia - What Happened to Them ?

All the Elvis you can take

John

Re: The Memphis Mafia - What Happened to Them ?

Postby John » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:24 am

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:That's cheered me up.

My work here is done.

Apparently not, what with all the additions since your comment. Wasn't there a woman in the mix there somewhere?

Jak

Postby Jak » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:24 am

Ben wrote:What about a couple of the other Smith cousins who were around in the early days?

I wouldn't think they woukd qualify. To me the Mafia came into its own in the 60's. I still think of the 70's mainly concerning them. You had people on the fringe but they weren't in that inner circle. Hamburger James comes to mind. I think it's fairly easy to name the true key players that Elvis kept close.

Jak

Postby Jak » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 am

John wrote:
Colin B wrote:

My work here is done.

Apparently not, what with all the additions since your comment. Wasn't there a woman in the mix there somewhere?

I wouldn't add any female to the list. Patti was the first one I thought of when I read you're comment but I think she misses the cut. I don't think a female woukd have been allowed in that tight group.

John

Postby John » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:31 am

Jak wrote:
John wrote:
Colin B wrote:

My work here is done.

I wouldn't add any female to the list. Patti was the first one I thought of when I read you're comment but I think she misses the cut. I don't think a female woukd have been allowed in that tight group.

Yes, it could have been Patti that I was thinking of. Somewhere in the darkest recesses of my aged brain, a little light flickered telling me there was a woman involved, but perhaps she wasn't a full card carrying member.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:40 am

Al (Alfred d'costa Strada) completed first year of medicine. Al was a Vietnam Vet, worked for Elvis, and after Elvis' death, Al drove trucks. Al is now retired. Al is moving residence soon, as he has acreage in Alaska. Al is a very warm, inclusive of all, person, who would not ever betray Elvis' memory. Al enjoys chatting over the phone and via Facebook to Elvis' friends and fans whom he knew, "back in the day" and has a strong friendship with Elvis' ex girlfriend, Mindi Miller. Al has said on his Facebook page that one can ask any questions, as long as there is respect for Elvis' memory, Al still has his TCB, that Elvis, as a surprise, had altered to include diamonds. Al also has other items gifted from Elvis, that will not ever be sold. Originally, Al's recollections, that are not to be sold for profit, which were transcribed by Nana Ames, I began to slowly post here, I stopped. Al is now, again, beginning to personally share his stories on a Facebook group.

Al's nickname: Two Step (as Al did everything he was asked to do, in a flash).

Alfred.jpg

……………………………..

Larry Gellar - Larry has been working on, for at least ten years, a completely natural haircare line, Wisdome Organics, along with a free ebook to learn how to properly care for one's hair (hair care is mainly massaging the scull, diet, and health, etc.). Larry has a new official Facebook page to share stories about Elvis.

Larry.jpg

…………………………….

Patti Parry - The only female Memphis Mafia member. As we know, Patti passed away. Patti "lived" for Elvis; Patti said that part of her died when Elvis died, Patti would not ever hear a word against her best friend, and would defend him vehemently.

Patti.jpg

……………………………
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jak

Postby Jak » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:45 am

Patti always came across as a very nice person. Very likeable.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:50 am

Jak wrote:Patti always came across as a very nice person. Very likeable.

Yes, I was told how Patti was very happy and joyful, she was funny, and wonderful to be around (I wish I had taken up the offer to chat with her all those years ago).

Did you have the opportunity to speak with Patti, Jak?

Jak

Postby Jak » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:26 am

Mountain Mist wrote:

Yes, I was told how Patti was very happy and joyful, she was funny, and wonderful to be around (I wish I had taken up the offer to chat with her all those years ago).

Unfortunately, I never got to meet her or speak with her.I wish I had. I wish more of the people around Elvis would have been more like her. I think the dynamic of the group was dysfunctional at best. Seems like everybody had an agenda and was trying to better their position. Of course Elvis was the one pulling the strings. Patti seemed like a very positive person who wasn't trying to take advantage of Elvis. I still think the MM was a boys club though. I also think Al is a good guy. He's another like Patti who has shown great respect for Elvis.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:39 am

Jak wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:

Unfortunately, I never got to meet her or speak with her.I wish I had. I wish more of the people around Elvis would have been more like her. I think the dynamic of the group was dysfunctional at best. Seems like everybody had an agenda and was trying to better their position. Of course Elvis was the one pulling the strings. Patti seemed like a very positive person who wasn't trying to take advantage of Elvis. I still think the MM was a boys club though. I also think Al is a good guy. He's another like Patti who has shown great respect for Elvis.

You should ask Al for a friendship, Jak, you may enjoy reading some of his responses, he is a good guy.

Yes, I agree with regard to your comment on "better their position". One of the above listed, who has passed, used to purposely stir the pot, as per
Kathy Westmoreland. Al has everyone pegged, he is very insightful along with being very loyal to Elvis, as that is what Elvis asked of Al, when he was granted the job of working with Elvis.

Return to “Everything Elvis”