New member from Texas

Introduce Yourself

Topic author
Cheiro

New member from Texas

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:42 pm

Hello, I'm a fan of Elvis and I'm from Texas. I just joined this forum today and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the other Elvis fans here.

I took my name from Cheiro's Book of Numbers, one of Elvis's favorite numerology books.

My main interests are Elvis's occult and metaphysical studies, his practice of spiritual healing, and Elvis culture in general.

As far as the music goes, I love it all, but my favorite period is probably the 1970's.
“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Colin B

Re: New member from Texas

Postby Colin B » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:43 pm

A warm welcome to the forum, Cheiro !

Keep your posts coming !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Will do!
“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:19 pm

Cheiro wrote:Hello, I'm a fan of Elvis and I'm from Texas. I just joined this forum today and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the other Elvis fans here.

I took my name from Cheiro's Book of Numbers, one of Elvis's favorite numerology books.

My main interests are Elvis's occult and metaphysical studies, his practice of spiritual healing, and Elvis culture in general.

As far as the music goes, I love it all, but my favorite period is probably the 1970's.

Welcome, Cheiro.

Just out of curiosity, which would be those "studies" ?

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:23 pm

When Elvis met Larry Geller he began studying occultism, metaphysics, kriya yoga, numerology, pyramidology and numerous other topics. He always made notes in the margins of his books. There is a list of some of the titles in Larry's book, If I Can Dream. You can find the list in an appendix in the back. I'm slowly collecting all the books and reading them.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Cheiro wrote:When Elvis met Larry Geller he began studying occultism, metaphysics, kriya yoga, numerology, pyramidology and numerous other topics. He always made notes in the margins of his books. There is a list of some of the titles in Larry's book, If I Can Dream. You can find the list in an appendix in the back. I'm slowly collecting all the books and reading them.

I see, thanks.

I thought you meant books that linked those subjects with Elvis.

Once I read an Elvis religion-based biography written by one Richard Mann, and it was a real stinker.

I still keep the book, though, because it was a well-meant gift from a friend.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:10 pm

I have read a few books on the "Elvis religion" as well. I find those entertaining, and some of them are pretty crazy. I'm interested in learning about all aspects of Elvis's impact on our culture. Mainstream, fringe, I don't care--I read it all, LOL.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Cheiro wrote:I have read a few books on the "Elvis religion" as well. I find those entertaining, and some of them are pretty crazy. I'm interested in learning about all aspects of Elvis's impact on our culture. Mainstream, fringe, I don't care--I read it all, LOL.

"Dead Elvis" by Greil Marcus is one I would like to read, dealing with Elvis's impact on our culture. Have you read it ?

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes, it is one of my favorites. I will probably read it again.

John

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Cheiro wrote:Hello, I'm a fan of Elvis and I'm from Texas. I just joined this forum today and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the other Elvis fans here.

Welcome Cheiro and looking forward to your participation here. At it happens, I have been reading Cheiro's Book Of Numbers, dipping in and out of it, for a while.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:33 pm

John wrote:

Welcome Cheiro and looking forward to your participation here. At it happens, I have been reading Cheiro's Book Of Numbers, dipping in and out of it, for a while.

Awesome. It's sitting on my shelf. It may be the next one I read.

John

Postby John » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:55 pm

When did you become a fan?

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Well, I first became a fan in about 1973 when I heard my dad's records. But after Elvis died I didn't really get back into him until my dad died in 2010. Since then I've been a fanatic.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:21 am

Hi Cheiro - welcome :D :D :D

Have you personally delved into Numerology?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:30 am

Cheiro wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Cheiro wrote:I have read a few books on the "Elvis religion" as well. I find those entertaining, and some of them are pretty crazy. I'm interested in learning about all aspects of Elvis's impact on our culture. Mainstream, fringe, I don't care--I read it all, LOL.

"Dead Elvis" by Greil Marcus is one I would like to read, dealing with Elvis's impact on our culture. Have you read it ?

Yes, it is one of my favorites. I will probably read it again.

Marcus's writings are always a challenging read, and almost always include intriguing views, and connections that you had never made. Sometimes he may become too cryptic and academical, though. You know, I'm such an illiterate kind of guy.

Return to “Who Am I”