Hello and Merry Christmas everyone!

Introduce Yourself

Topic author
HillbillyCat

Hello and Merry Christmas everyone!

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:21 am

I've been a fan since I was a kid. I mainly collect CDs and books and hopefully I can contribute something to the discussions. But I'm also looking forward to learn something new.

It shouldn't be surprising that I found my way here as a "refugee" from another well-known and unfortunately quarrelsome forum. But to move on from the past, I would like to start here with the new nickname HillbillyCat.

Coming from mainland Europe, English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes. ;)

Kindly regards!

John

Re: Hello and Merry Christmas everyone!

Postby John » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:58 am

HillbillyCat wrote:I've been a fan since I was a kid. I mainly collect CDs and books and hopefully I can contribute something to the discussions. But I'm also looking forward to learn something new.

It shouldn't be surprising that I found my way here as a "refugee" from another well-known and unfortunately quarrelsome forum. But to move on from the past, I would like to start here with the new nickname HillbillyCat.

Coming from mainland Europe, English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for my mistakes. ;)

Kindly regards!

Welcome Hillbilly Cat. I hope you have fun here. English not being your first language is never a problem, and if anyone ever comments on it, they will be dealt with swiftly.

I look forward to your contributions.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:29 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:I've been a fan since I was a kid. I mainly collect CDs and books and hopefully I can contribute something to the discussions. But I'm also looking forward to learn something new.

Kindly regards!

Welcome, HillbillyCat.

Don't worry about the language. Some of us are in the same position. Just make sure you don't post any reversed photos.

Topic author
HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks to both of you :)

Mister Moon wrote:Just make sure you don't post any reversed photos.

If I post a photo here, I'll try pay attention to that! I will also always include a source, if this is possible. I don't intend to use any of the photos from this forum anywhere other than for my own personal offline database. And I will of course adhere to the very adequate SIMPLE HOUSE RULES as well. Hope that didn't sound too much like an oath, but I'll be just honest here. :!:

John

Postby John » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:07 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:Thanks to both of you :)

If I post a photo here, I'll try pay attention to that! I will also always include a source, if this is possible. I don't intend to use any of the photos from this forum anywhere other than for my own personal offline database. And I will of course adhere to the very adequate SIMPLE HOUSE RULES as well. Hope that didn't sound too much like an oath, but I'll be just honest here. :!:

That's great. Colin B will pop round every so often to check on you, so make sure you don't have any Cliff Richard related material lying around.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:22 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:Thanks to both of you :)

OK. Same applies to colourized photos.

Just kidding. Have fun !

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:19 pm

A warm welcome to the forum, HillbillyCat !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:26 pm

Thank you very much Colin, it's nice to be here ;)

Topic author
HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:10 pm

Funny how time slips away: Thank you for welcoming me here a year ago! Didn't think I could feel so comfortable in a forum again! Nevertheless, for personal reasons I will probably try to slow down a little in the near future...

John

Postby John » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:22 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:Funny how time slips away: Thank you for welcoming me here a year ago! Didn't think I could feel so comfortable in a forum again! Nevertheless, for personal reasons I will probably try to slow down a little in the near future...

I don't know if your contract will allow it. Colin will check.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:52 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:Funny how time slips away: Thank you for welcoming me here a year ago! Didn't think I could feel so comfortable in a forum again! Nevertheless, for personal reasons I will probably try to slow down a little in the near future...
John wrote:I don't know if your contract will allow it.
Colin will check.

Hmm........... strictly speaking, signing up for Phoenix membership means it's for life !

I suppose a member could get time off for good behaviour...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Who Am I”