Page 1 of 1

Trivia Quiz - No.680 - Solved

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 am
by Colin B
Trivia Quiz - No.680


Trivia Quiz 680a.JPG


A couple of spare chairs, but nobody sitting on them.

Where & when ?

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:50 am
by purity
Steve Allen rehearsal?

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am
by Jupiter
Fox Theater, Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956

Jupiter

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:50 am
by Colin B
purity wrote:Steve Allen rehearsal?


No, not from there, but it is that year...

Jupiter wrote:Fox Theater, Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956


It's not from there, but the date is very close...

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:54 pm
by TonyS
Colin B wrote:
purity wrote:Steve Allen rehearsal?


No, not from there, but it is that year...

Jupiter wrote:Fox Theater, Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956


It's not from there, but the date is very close...

Check your source carefully Colin, I have a feeling that 'Jupiter' might be correct.
Those chairs are seen on page 20 of 'A Moment In Time - 4 Days in '56' by Michael Rose as part of the Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956 chapter.
Elvis is seen wearing a light jacket with his collar up, and at the piano also.
It's certainly possible that your source could be wrong.... or even mine.

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:10 am
by TonyS
OK, I'll take a guess you have this one down as Dayton, May 27th 1956?

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm
by Colin B
TonyS wrote:Check your source carefully Colin, I have a feeling that 'Jupiter' might be correct.
Those chairs are seen on page 20 of 'A Moment In Time - 4 Days in '56' by Michael Rose as part of the Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956 chapter.
Elvis is seen wearing a light jacket with his collar up, and at the piano also.
It's certainly possible that your source could be wrong.... or even mine.


Those chairs on page 20 aren't the same ones that I've posted & it isn't Detroit !

He isn't wearing light jacket with his collar up, either !

However, it is from one of the days in the "A Moment in Time - 4 days in '56" book !

TonyS wrote:OK, I'll take a guess you have this one down as Dayton, May 27th 1956?


May 25th Detroit & May 27th Dayton - it's somewhere around there !

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:50 pm
by TonyS
Colin B wrote:
TonyS wrote:Check your source carefully Colin, I have a feeling that 'Jupiter' might be correct.
Those chairs are seen on page 20 of 'A Moment In Time - 4 Days in '56' by Michael Rose as part of the Detroit, Michigan, May 25, 1956 chapter.
Elvis is seen wearing a light jacket with his collar up, and at the piano also.
It's certainly possible that your source could be wrong.... or even mine.


Those chairs on page 20 aren't the same ones that I've posted & it isn't Detroit !

He isn't wearing light jacket with his collar up, either !

However, it is from one of the days in the "A Moment in Time - 4 days in '56" book !

TonyS wrote:OK, I'll take a guess you have this one down as Dayton, May 27th 1956?


May 25th Detroit & May 27th Dayton - it's somewhere around there !

May 26th ? :lol:
Colombus, Ohio?

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm
by Colin B
TonyS wrote: May 26th ? :lol:
Colombus, Ohio?


Yes !

26th May 1956 - Veterans Memorial Auditorium - Columbus OH.JPG


On stage on 26th May, 1956, at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium, Columbus, Ohio.

Well done, TonyS who gets full marks, even though he challenged the quizmaster's sources [unsuccessfully] !

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.680

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:46 pm
by TonyS
Colin B wrote:Well done, TonyS who gets full marks, even though he challenged the quizmaster's sources [unsuccessfully] !

Hey, nobody's perfect, as you know. :lol: