Random Trivia Quiz About this Song "viva las vegas"

Pit your wits against the quiz master

Mister Moon

Re: Random Trivia Quiz About this Song "viva las vegas"

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:04 am

John wrote:I thought at one time that Hitchcock had shot the longest continuous shot but I think there was some trickery involved which made it seem like a continuous shot, but there was some clever editing.

Yes, "The Rope" was filmed in about five shots, I believe. Every time he needed to cut, he made a close up of one of the actors' back. Still, they are very long shots.

John

Postby John » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:28 am

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:I thought at one time that Hitchcock had shot the longest continuous shot but I think there was some trickery involved which made it seem like a continuous shot, but there was some clever editing.

Yes, "The Rope" was filmed in about five shots, I believe. Every time he needed to cut, he made a close up of one of the actors' back. Still, they are very long shots.

Yes, I've just had a look on youtube. Amazing work. Those examples PP put up were incredible.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:26 am

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Yes, I've just had a look on youtube. Amazing work. Those examples PP put up were incredible.

Just by chance, the other day I was watching a brief extract of an interview with Martin Scorsese where he speaks about this matter :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Uh0fkrwIE

John

Postby John » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:32 am

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Just by chance, the other day I was watching a brief extract of an interview with Martin Scorsese where he speaks about this matter :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Uh0fkrwIE

Fascinating topic, thanks for that. As someone who has made family movies, and filmed events commercially for over 40 years, I'm keen to learn new techniques, particularly now when I can use some pretty sophisticated software to edit and use special effects as well.

This begs the question, which Elvis film has the best use of the camera to enhance the story?

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Mister Moon wrote:

I think it was 10 shots and made it to look like “real time.”
ImageImage

Return to “The Trivia Quiz”