Trivia Quiz - No.550 - Solved

Pit your wits against the quiz master
User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 17941
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 3728 times
Been thanked: 4008 times

Trivia Quiz - No.550 - Solved

Postby Colin B » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:34 am

Trivia Quiz - No.550

Trivia ~Quiz 550.jpg


Where & when ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 5975
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 1678 times
Been thanked: 2949 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:42 am

Backstage at the Civic Auditorium, San Francisco.

Saturday, October 26, 1957.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 17941
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 3728 times
Been thanked: 4008 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550

Postby Colin B » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:48 am

Mister Moon wrote:Backstage at the Civic Auditorium, San Francisco.

Saturday, October 26, 1957.


Yes !

26th October, 1957 - San Francisco Auditorium [FECC] [6].jpg


That was quick !

Might be a record time !

Well done, Mister Moon !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 5975
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 1678 times
Been thanked: 2949 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Colin B wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Backstage at the Civic Auditorium, San Francisco.

Saturday, October 26, 1957.


Yes !

26th October, 1957 - San Francisco Auditorium [FECC] [6].jpg

That was quick !

Might be a record time !

Well done, Mister Moon !


Does this mean I'm entitled to a raise for 2,500 weekly Euros ?

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 17941
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 3728 times
Been thanked: 4008 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550

Postby Colin B » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Colin B wrote:That was quick !

Might be a record time !

Well done, Mister Moon !
Mister Moon wrote:Does this mean I'm entitled to a raise for 2,500 weekly Euros ?


No.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Suspicious Minds
Posts: 3844
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 am
Location: Heartburn Motel, Promised Land
Has thanked: 3049 times
Been thanked: 1133 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550

Postby Suspicious Minds » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Colin B wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Backstage at the Civic Auditorium, San Francisco.

Saturday, October 26, 1957.


Yes !

26th October, 1957 - San Francisco Auditorium [FECC] [6].jpg

That was quick !

Might be a record time !

Well done, Mister Moon !


Does this mean I'm entitled to a raise for 2,500 weekly Euros ?


:lol:

Congratz, MM !
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)


cadillac-elvis
Posts: 2226
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 618 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550 - Solved

Postby cadillac-elvis » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:01 am

Is that the Collins Kids guitar player?

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 5975
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 1678 times
Been thanked: 2949 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550 - Solved

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:Is that the Collins Kids guitar player?


Good guess, but I'm sure it's not Larry Collins.

If it was him, the photo would be more well-known, and it would no doubt have been used on some Collins Kids package, but it hasn't, as far as I know.

I have the Collins Kids box-set from Bear Family, and the booklet does not include it.


cadillac-elvis
Posts: 2226
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 618 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550 - Solved

Postby cadillac-elvis » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:56 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:Is that the Collins Kids guitar player?


Good guess, but I'm sure it's not Larry Collins.

If it was him, the photo would be more well-known, and it would no doubt have been used on some Collins Kids package, but it hasn't, as far as I know.

I have the Collins Kids box-set from Bear Family, and the booklet does not include it.


He sure looks familiar and sure looks like him.

Maybe it's a rare picture.

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 5975
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 1678 times
Been thanked: 2949 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.550 - Solved

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:11 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:Is that the Collins Kids guitar player?


Good guess, but I'm sure it's not Larry Collins.

If it was him, the photo would be more well-known, and it would no doubt have been used on some Collins Kids package, but it hasn't, as far as I know.

I have the Collins Kids box-set from Bear Family, and the booklet does not include it.


He sure looks familiar and sure looks like him.

Maybe it's a rare picture.


It's not him. Just google "larry collins elvis 1957", or something similar, and it doesn't show up. I have found the photo on Scotty's site and it just says "fans" with Elvis.

This record is from 1958 :



Collins Maphis.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Return to “The Trivia Quiz”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest