Eddie Cochran died 63 Years Ago Today

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

WalterHaleJnr

Re: Eddie Cochran passed away 60 years ago today

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:Now you better get this straight. When i post or (until recently) start up topics here, i do so because i like and i feel the other members may appreciate. Unlike you and other members , I'm not into reading or researching the facts. I do so every now and then.

I realize for other members that these details are important and i certainly do appreciate the input and what they bring to the PHOENIX table. But i stopped doing that years ago.

I also do not like to repeat or double up on topics and posts if it means i have to also take my time and go through search history, hence why i have chosen not to be doing any new topics anymore.

You understand ?

About one hour ago, you wrote, regarding "I've Waited So Long" :

this next song shows Eddie had a MOR side and would have waxed more records like these if he lived

Now, you write :

I'm not into reading or researching the facts

It's ok if you just post Youtube links like mad. Nothing wrong with that.

But, please, try not to play Nostradamus about stuff you don't know. It's a sad waste of time, believe me.

It's called an opinion. If you disagree then OK with that. No reason to read any more into my comments or choice of material. Another thing I suppose you regard "tell me why" song as MOR crap too, right ?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:31 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:Now you better get this straight. When i post or (until recently) start up topics here, i do so because i like and i feel the other members may appreciate. Unlike you and other members , I'm not into reading or researching the facts. I do so every now and then.

I realize for other members that these details are important and i certainly do appreciate the input and what they bring to the PHOENIX table. But i stopped doing that years ago.

I also do not like to repeat or double up on topics and posts if it means i have to also take my time and go through search history, hence why i have chosen not to be doing any new topics anymore.

You understand ?

About one hour ago, you wrote, regarding "I've Waited So Long" :

this next song shows Eddie had a MOR side and would have waxed more records like these if he lived

Now, you write :

I'm not into reading or researching the facts

It's ok if you just post Youtube links like mad. Nothing wrong with that.

But, please, try not to play Nostradamus about stuff you don't know. It's a sad waste of time, believe me.

It's called an opinion. If you disagree then OK with that. No reason to read any more into my comments or choice of material. Another thing I suppose you regard "tell me why" song as MOR crap too, right ?

Please, try to remember this - an opinion about something you don't know ain't worth a damn.

As I said, I will not be the one to make you wiser.

This thread, which I started over four years ago, and I believe has some valuable and researched posts, has gone down the drain ever since it got merged with a similar one. These last posts, including mine, are the icing on the cake. This is my last post in this thread.

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Mister Moon is Phoenix generic forum or domain of purists, collectors? Because if it's the latter then I will consider restricting my input and contribution even more.

purity

Postby purity » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Honestly?
All this talk concerning "I will post in future less/ I will contribute less in future on this forum" by you or another member (who also is doing that any time he does not like the posts from others who are disagreeing with him or in general don't like the style of others) is just for effect.
What is the rest supposed to to? Say "please don't ! Please stay!please still contribute to this forum. We need you so.".
I know the other is doing it for this self-serving childish reason.
My take is: either post less or not post less, but please do not state it.
Its tiring.

And by the way:I rubbed my eyes when I did read "I stopped posting something which required research or details long ago" or words to that effect.
What is this here?
Facebook or Twitter?

In that case I will post my pictures of my favourite holidays from my teenage years and wait and count how many likes I will get.

No offence.

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

No offence taken. And yeah I have got to a point here I will only post on a few topics . This is nothing to do with my run ins with moon. I am not one to spend a lot of time research or reading up on facts and dislike repeating posts or topics, as I said before on Mojos happy birthday buddy holly topic. Nuff said...

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 am

After yesterday's exchanges, i was wondering if there ever WAS a compilation regarding Eddie's ballads. After a google search i was very happy to find there was one that BEAR FAMILY RECORDS put together seven years ago. Great stuff!
The Bear Family are still SECOND TO NONE !

At first glance 35 tracks seems a lot and there are a few i'd not featured (like 'Rock n Roll Blues' or 'Cherished Memories' song) but hey that's just me. Have to check with SANITY music if this thing is still available and/or can be distributed here.

https://www.bear-family.com/cochran-edd ... chran.html

Topic author
Colin B

Re: Eddie Cochran died 63 Years Ago Today

Postby Colin B » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:54 am

From the UK Newspaper 'i' - 17th April 2023:

The 'i' Newspaper - 17th April 23 - 001.jpg

Still fondly remembered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:50 pm

Colin B wrote:From the UK Newspaper 'i' - 17th April 2023:

The 'i' Newspaper - 17th April 23 - 001.jpg

Still fondly remembered.

This was the gathering there yesterday(photo from Facebook, Stockport Rock 'n' Roll Society).

EC.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue May 23, 2023 1:30 pm

The BBC News site today:

Eddie Cochran Plaque - BBC.JPG

Here is the whole article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-65671830
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Off Topic”