Topic author
Private Presley

R.I.P. J.M. Van Eaton

Postby Private Presley » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:58 pm

ImageImage

HillbillyCat

Re: R.I.P. J.M. Van Eaton

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:39 pm

Sad news, even when a long and undoubtedly fulfilling life came to an end. As a drummer, he was involved in many great songs. I've just listened again to the original recording of "Lonely Weekends" (Charlie Rich) in his honor... RIP J.M. Van Eaton!

Highly recommended, by the way: "Happy days, man !" - Jimmy Van Eaton remembers Elvis

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:52 pm

Oh man. Jimmy has been a big hero of mine, ever since, over four decades ago, I started buying Sun compilations, and I could see his name attached to some of the greatest rock and roll recordings ever to land on planet Earth.

What can I say. We did a long thread on him not long ago (thanks, HC, for posting the link).

Here's a couple of cool photos to help celebrate the guy's greatness. Thanks for everything, Jimmy. We will not forget you :

Riley and Green Men.jpg

Janes Van Eaton Pepper Riley.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:32 pm

I may have posted this before, but I have always liked this newspaper clipping, from the collection of Roland Janes. This was the second LGM line-up, with Pat O'Neill replacing Marvin Pepper :

Billy Lee Riley and the Little Green Men I.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”