Facebook surprises

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
Yin Yang

Facebook surprises

Postby Yin Yang » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:24 pm

Ever since the DVD format was for sale to the general buyer, I tried to lay my hands on as much music DVD's as I could.
I even got a region-free player so I could buy DVD's from the USA and watch them.
Some artists were hard to find, like The Everly Brothers and Orion a.k.a. Jimmy Ellis.
To my surprise since the death of Don Everly, there seem to become a lof of old TV performances available in good quality.
The Everly Brother's fan club Facebook page shows lots of them.
On a rock and roll page since today there are several Orion (Jimmy Ellis) clips including a performance on Swedish TV where he does not wear a mask but sunglasses.
This rock and roll Facebook page shows lots of good old rock and roll clips. Unfortunately "someone" seems to enjoy colourizing them instead of showing the original black and white.
For anyone interested to have a look at this Facebook page, here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3725233907543062/

John

Re: Facebook surprises

Postby John » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:56 pm

Yin Yang wrote:Ever since the DVD format was for sale to the general buyer, I tried to lay my hands on as much music DVD's as I could.
I even got a region-free player so I could buy DVD's from the USA and watch them.
Some artists were hard to find, like The Everly Brothers and Orion a.k.a. Jimmy Ellis.
To my surprise since the death of Don Everly, there seem to become a lof of old TV performances available in good quality.
The Everly Brother's fan club Facebook page shows lots of them.
On a rock and roll page since today there are several Orion (Jimmy Ellis) clips including a performance on Swedish TV where he does not wear a mask but sunglasses.
This rock and roll Facebook page shows lots of good old rock and roll clips. Unfortunately "someone" seems to enjoy colourizing them instead of showing the original black and white.
For anyone interested to have a look at this Facebook page, here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3725233907543062/

It looks OK.

Colin B

Re: Facebook surprises

Postby Colin B » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:26 am

An interesting site - thanks !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Off Topic”