2022 Jerry Lee Lewis & Jimmy Swaggart gospel CD

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
Yin Yang

2022 Jerry Lee Lewis & Jimmy Swaggart gospel CD

Postby Yin Yang » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:31 am

a.jpg

b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Moon

Re: 2022 Jerry Lee Lewis & Jimmy Swaggart gospel CD

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:04 pm

I would get this CD just for the sake of being Jerry Lee's very last work, but it seems to have no distribution at all outside of the USA.

One thing is sure - I'm no longer paying abusive postage, often higher than the goods themselves, not to mention VAT or custom taxes (this applies to the UK too). Whatever I can't get in continental Europe, I will do without it.

Topic author
Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:37 pm

Mister Moon wrote:I would get this CD just for the sake of being Jerry Lee's very last work, but it seems to have no distribution at all outside of the USA.

One thing is sure - I'm no longer paying abusive postage, often higher than the goods themselves, not to mention VAT or custom taxes (this applies to the UK too). Whatever I can't get in continental Europe, I will do without it.

I got a CD costing GBP 10,00 ultimately costing me around GBP 40,00 due to postage and a lot of import duties.
"Europe" this way punishes it's inhabitants because the UK was so clever to exit "Europe".
Worst thing was I had to wait 3 weeks before I got the parcel delivered. You have to pay import duties up front and then they start handling the parcel, which takes 2 weeks!
And exporting items to the UK is a lot of trouble too with high postage rates and special address forms to use, which are only available through the site of the Postal Services and have to be paid immediately.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:51 pm

Yin Yang wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:I would get this CD just for the sake of being Jerry Lee's very last work, but it seems to have no distribution at all outside of the USA.

I got a CD costing GBP 10,00 ultimately costing me around GBP 40,00 due to postage and a lot of import duties.
"Europe" this way punishes it's inhabitants because the UK was so clever to exit "Europe".
Worst thing was I had to wait 3 weeks before I got the parcel delivered. You have to pay import duties up front and then they start handling the parcel, which takes 2 weeks!
And exporting items to the UK is a lot of trouble too with high postage rates and special address forms to use, which are only available through the site of the Postal Services and have to be paid immediately.

They were not clever at all, and I don't think we are being punished, In the long term, it's them who will be punished, if everybody stops interacting commercially with them. The same with the USA. They are not getting another cent from me.

As an example, I used to order FTD titles from NDT. Now I'm getting them from Bear Family. And so on.

Return to “Off Topic”