FECC

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

javilu

Re: FECC

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:59 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Messi has my sympathy, but I don't like the general thinking that somehow he is owed a world cup. It also seems that referees are very inclined to award fake penalties to Argentina this time around. I don't like that. Also, The Netherlands have two FC Barcelona players in the main team, and Louis Van Gaal is a cool guy too, so they are my faovurites right now.

May the best team win!

I have cold beer and snacks, come watch the game with me.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:52 pm

javilu wrote:...dribbling English men left and right so there is that...

Maybe they all had bad colds...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:48 pm

javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Messi has my sympathy, but I don't like the general thinking that somehow he is owed a world cup. It also seems that referees are very inclined to award fake penalties to Argentina this time around. I don't like that. Also, The Netherlands have two FC Barcelona players in the main team, and Louis Van Gaal is a cool guy too, so they are my faovurites right now.

May the best team win!

I have cold beer and snacks, come watch the game with me.

I will be right there. It will be a great game, no doubt. One of the best football matches I have ever watched in a world cup was Argentina-Netherlands in 1998. That was just fabulous playing on both sides, with the likes of Ortega, López, Batistuta, Frank de Boer, Bergkamp, Kluivert and many other great players. Do you remember this one ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK4PCWZpvS4

Judith

Postby Judith » Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:29 pm

Sweet memories! Thanks for sharing Mister Moon. Watching these highlights, I don't know how I survived watching this back in 1998.
Looking forward to Friday's match!
Without a song the road would never bend

javilu

Postby javilu » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:57 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
I will be right there. It will be a great game, no doubt. One of the best football matches I have ever watched in a world cup was Argentina-Netherlands in 1998. That was just fabulous playing on both sides, with the likes of Ortega, López, Batistuta, Frank de Boer, Bergkamp, Kluivert and many other great players. Do you remember this one ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK4PCWZpvS4

Of course I do!

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:14 pm

Judith wrote:Sweet memories! Thanks for sharing Mister Moon. Watching these highlights, I don't know how I survived watching this back in 1998.

Just watched it again. That last goal by Dennis Bergkamp is a damn masterpiece. That guy was a master, the kind of player that almost elevates football to the level of art. Such grace and ease.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:29 pm

[mp3][/mp3]
Mister Moon wrote:
Judith wrote:Sweet memories! Thanks for sharing Mister Moon. Watching these highlights, I don't know how I survived watching this back in 1998.

Just watched it again. That last goal by Dennis Bergkamp is a damn masterpiece. That guy was a master, the kind of player that almost elevates football to the level of art. Such grace and ease.

Remember this also? We should have won.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pTkEejpRk

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:41 pm

scottwalker wrote:[mp3][/mp3]
Mister Moon wrote:

I agree, just like in 1974. You had the bad luck, both times, of playing against the local team, plus, in Argentina, you had that Videla criminal watching over the whole thing. Just ask the Peruvian team.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:55 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

I agree, just like in 1974. You had the bad luck, both times, of playing against the local team, plus, in Argentina, you had that Videla criminal watching over the whole thing. Just ask the Peruvian team.

Not to go into a political debate, but its been said, if the Netherlands would have won in 1978, they wouldn’t leave Argentina alive. It was a very dubious tournament.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:29 pm

scottwalker wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Not to go into a political debate, but its been said, if the Netherlands would have won in 1978, they wouldn’t leave Argentina alive. It was a very dubious tournament.

Argentina should never have reached the final, to begin with. They stole the game against Perú.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:21 am

Yes, im convinced, Argentina “bought” the 1978 WC.

Its like Spain - Malta in 1983. Spain needed 11 goals plus to go for Euro 1984. Guess what? They won with 12-1. The Netherlands didn’t go.

javilu

Postby javilu » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:24 am

Mister Moon wrote:I agree, just like in 1974. You had the bad luck, both times, of playing against the local team, plus, in Argentina, you had that Videla criminal watching over the whole thing. Just ask the Peruvian team.

Awww, come on. I don't know where you're from, but I am sure at one point in time you must have had a criminal president in your country too.
Or a criminal prime minister.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:50 pm

javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:I agree, just like in 1974. You had the bad luck, both times, of playing against the local team, plus, in Argentina, you had that Videla criminal watching over the whole thing. Just ask the Peruvian team.

Awww, come on. I don't know where you're from, but I am sure at one point in time you must have had a criminal president in your country too.

Sure. That's a real shame, anywhere in the world :

Fascism and football
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS0yeCONIaM

javilu

Postby javilu » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
javilu wrote:

Fascism and football

See? We all had one of those.
Poor brits still have royalty in the XXI century! Go figure...

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:43 pm

javilu wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
javilu wrote:

Fascism and football

See? We all had one of those.
Poor brits still have royalty in the XXI century! Go figure...

A lot of people don't want them around, I can tell you, including me.

Return to “Off Topic”