Get Well Ken...

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Get Well Ken...

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Just read over the other place that ken, aka keninlincs has oesophagus cancer and will be having his op in november.

Anyone here who is a member at the other place can you pass on all of our best to ken?

I'm not able to as i'm suspended there and i'm not sure ill want to be posting there again when i come off suspension. But that's another story,
Last edited by Colin B on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

John

Re: Get Well Ken...

Postby John » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:37 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:Just read over the other place that ken, aka keninlincs has oesophagus cancer and will be having his op in november.

Anyone here who is a member at the other place can you pass on all of our best to ken?

I'm not able to as i'm suspended there and i'm not sure ill want to be posting there again when i come off suspension. But that's another story,

That's sad news, Our best wishes go out to him, so anyone who is a member of fecc, please pass them on.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:39 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:Just read over the other place that ken, aka keninlincs has oesophagus cancer and will be having his op in november.

John wrote: That's sad news, Our best wishes go out to him, so anyone who is a member of fecc, please pass them on.

Ditto.

Get well real soon, Ken. Stay strong.

MM

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:54 pm

Footnote - you can find Ken's topic is on their Chat Room section but a word of warning : He does go into detail the procedure involved in order to remove the cancer and his road to recovery. This can be tough to read for some members.

Ben

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:55 pm

Now that's a name from the past. I have lots if happy memories talking with Ken.

Get well soon mate.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:58 pm

Ben wrote:Now that's a name from the past. I have lots if happy memories talking with Ken.

Get well soon mate.

Didn't he also have eyesight problems ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Ben

Postby Ben » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Colin B wrote:
Ben wrote:Now that's a name from the past. I have lots if happy memories talking with Ken.

Get well soon mate.

Yes. I think, in layman's terms, he could only see directly ahead so he couldn't see out of the corner of his eye. It's hard to explain it. He was on Yorkshire TV speaking about it about 13 years ago.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Colin B wrote:

Get well soon mate.

Not that i know of. Certainly he's been around for years. Recall conversing with ken back when i joined 14 years ago.
He loves his tattoo's, did you see his avatar of Elvis on tour image on the side of his torso?

Are you able to send him a get well message on behalf of his friends at phoenix forum? Otherwise I could do it when my suspension expires on 9 july.
Last edited by WalterHaleJnr on Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John

Postby John » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:17 pm

Colin B wrote:

Get well soon mate.

Yes.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:55 am

how about making this topic a two-weeks sticky? I can then let ken know about the topic and he has some friends here when my suspension over that other place, finishes in 9 or 10 days?

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:11 am

WalterHaleJnr wrote:how about making this topic a two-weeks sticky? I can then let ken know about the topic and he has some friends here when my suspension over that other place, finishes in 9 or 10 days?

Done !
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:49 pm

Colin can i ask a question. Why did you post your message on behalf of PHOENIX members, to ken in the ALIZEE topic rather than on his own 'Bad news I Have Cancer' one , last week?

He obviously hasn't seen it.

I can send him a pm on all our behalf and wish him all the best etc, but my suspension finishes on 9 July. I am not sure he will get it before he starts his chemo.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:04 am

WalterHaleJnr wrote:Colin can i ask a question. Why did you post your message on behalf of PHOENIX members, to ken in the ALIZEE topic rather than on his own 'Bad news I Have Cancer' one , last week?

I can send him a pm on all our behalf and wish him all the best etc, but my suspension finishes on 9 July. I am not sure he will get it before he starts his chemo.

As I've pointed out many times, I only read & post on the one thread over there...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:12 am

Colin B wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:Colin can i ask a question. Why did you post your message on behalf of PHOENIX members, to ken in the ALIZEE topic rather than on his own 'Bad news I Have Cancer' one , last week?

As I've pointed out many times, I only read & post on the one thread over there...

Fine. Leave it with me and ill send him the pm in four days.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:40 am

Footnote : My suspension actually finished on 6 july and just moments ago i 've posted a get well message to Ken and let him know that his friends here are also wishing him a speedy recovery.

Return to “Off Topic”