Some Political Stuff

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Re: Elvis Phoenix forum best place for Elvis fans

Postby The Swamp Fox » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:21 pm

I have to say that this forum is a pleasure to be a member of and to be able to "trawl" through all of the topics and information. As a member of that "other" forum for around 20 years without any issues, I was suspended twice last year by the pc police because some professional "victim" complained that my avatar of my nation's flag at the time we kicked England's ass out of here, was racist. I sent numerous private messages to the mods with no reply at all. It left a really bad taste in my mouth, especially when I saw avatars and posts that I didn't care for the content of, but then again ...I'm old school.

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:08 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:I have to say that this forum is a pleasure to be a member of and to be able to "trawl" through all of the topics and information. As a member of that "other" forum for around 20 years without any issues, I was suspended twice last year by the pc police because some professional "victim" complained that my avatar of my nation's flag at the time we kicked England's ass out of here, was racist. I sent numerous private messages to the mods with no reply at all. It left a really bad taste in my mouth, especially when I saw avatars and posts that I didn't care for the content of, but then again ...I'm old school.

It wouldn't have even have occurred to anyone here.

gerry

Postby gerry » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:I have to say that this forum is a pleasure to be a member of and to be able to "trawl" through all of the topics and information. As a member of that "other" forum for around 20 years without any issues, I was suspended twice last year by the pc police because some professional "victim" complained that my avatar of my nation's flag at the time we kicked England's ass out of here, was racist. I sent numerous private messages to the mods with no reply at all. It left a really bad taste in my mouth, especially when I saw avatars and posts that I didn't care for the content of, but then again ...I'm old school.

That's ok the American revolution is one of the reasons you now have the greatest country on earth and may i say the Greatest ever president, finally a good man in office who is 100% for the American people and he wont sell you out. I must admit i so greatly admire TRUMP and his family.
And i hate some of my countries history i am appalled at what (just a few that come to mind) King George did as you know. And others such as King Edward Longshanks did to Scotland and Henry viii did.

I just wish you could crown TRUMP a King like they do in England i am serious he is a great man literally saved the planet by stopping Hitlery.

gerry

Postby gerry » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:59 pm

gerry wrote:
gerry wrote:
gerry wrote:
gerry wrote:
gerry wrote:

That's ok the American revolution is one of the reasons we now have the greatest country on earth and may i say the Greatest ever president, finally a good man in office who is 100% for the American people and he wont sell you out. For me TRUMP is like a breath of fresh air he stands for fairness fairplay respect of human life FREEDOM and the American dream free of big goverment control, yeah pure Americana and the greatest president ever. I must admit i so greatly admire TRUMP and his family. Just check out what a great father he is and grandfather he has raised some great people.
And i hate some of Englands terrible barbarian history i am appalled at what (just a few that come to mind) King George did as you know. And others such as King Edward Longshanks did to Scotland and Henry viii did.

I just wish you could crown TRUMP a King like they do in England i am serious he is a great man literally saved the planet by stopping Hitlery Luthor.

Yes this post is probably going to get me banished forever from that other messageboard but the guy is power crazed and likes to control everything what people type and tries to control the way that they think...Just like if the demoncrats had gotten in they would have controlled everyone took their freedom and sold them out while all the time enriching their own lives.

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:01 pm

Why have you posted the above several times over?

By the way, if you want to talk about that wreck of a man, head over to The Trump Dump in the Off Topic section. That's where this despicable individual belongs.

gerry

Postby gerry » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:04 pm

I do not know why it has copied this same post

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:06 pm

gerry wrote:I do not know why it has copied this same post

I'll delete them.

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:51 pm

I see my simple praise for this board brought out the ugly political bs....as for my love of my nation, it's firm. I took an oath to our Constitution on God's Holy Book many years ago and I'll honor it until my last day in this world! If America never came to existence, Europe would've been subjugated long ago. Again, I do enjoy everything about this board dedicated to, in my opinion, one of the greatest Americans to ever walk this Earth.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:02 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:I see my simple praise for this board brought out the ugly political bs....as for my love of my nation, it's firm. I took an oath to our Constitution on God's Holy Book many years ago and I'll honor it until my last day in this world! If America never came to existence, Europe would've been subjugated long ago. Again, I do enjoy everything about this board dedicated to, in my opinion, one of the greatest Americans to ever walk this Earth.

Yes, we ungrateful Brits keep forgetting how the US eventually joined WWII & won it for us...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am

The Phoenix forum goes downhill again with all kind of political opinions posted here. I’m not interested to read about political views on an Elvis forum.

Colonel Parker advised Elvis to stay away from politics so we even don't know Elvis was Democrat or Republican?.
There's no reason to discuss this question here because we don't know the answer. It's good we don't know his personal favor.

colonel snow

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:36 am

Colin B wrote:
The Swamp Fox wrote:I see my simple praise for this board brought out the ugly political bs....as for my love of my nation, it's firm. I took an oath to our Constitution on God's Holy Book many years ago and I'll honor it until my last day in this world! If America never came to existence, Europe would've been subjugated long ago. Again, I do enjoy everything about this board dedicated to, in my opinion, one of the greatest Americans to ever walk this Earth.

Yes, we ungrateful Brits keep forgetting how the US eventually joined WWII & won it for us...

No slight intended, Colin. The sarcasm in the reply to my initial post kind of pissed me off, especially when my post was meant to be sincere about this forum. I won't go into a discerration on miltary history, as it's unimportant to the subject of this forum. I for one am glad the U.S.has the UK as an ally in this crazy, modernot world.

John

Postby John » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:23 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:
Colin B wrote:

No slight intended, Colin. The sarcasm in the reply to my initial post kind of pissed me off,

Which one was that?

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:13 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:...If America never came to existence, Europe would've been subjugated long ago...
Colin B wrote:Yes, we ungrateful Brits keep forgetting how the US eventually joined WWII & won it for us...
The Swamp Fox wrote:No slight intended, Colin.
The sarcasm in the reply to my initial post kind of pissed me off....

Your suggestion that Europe owes its freedon to the US had the same effect on me...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:02 pm

Colin B wrote:
The Swamp Fox wrote:...If America never came to existence, Europe would've been subjugated long ago...
Colin B wrote:Yes, we ungrateful Brits keep forgetting how the US eventually joined WWII & won it for us...

Your suggestion that Europe owes its freedon to the US had the same effect on me...

I hate that it had that effect. I was merely pointing to the fact that outside of not listening to his generals, Hitler''s biggest mistake was declaing war against the U.S., which at tell time, had remained neutral, due to public sentiment. All of Europe was under German occupation and control at this point. After the war declaration, the U.S. became actively involved in the war, supplying and assisting the UK in the West and supplying Russia with tons of war material (tanks, jeeps, food,etc.) in the East. Fast forward to the U.S. led mass aerial bombings with thousands of American bombers based in the UK to the D-Day landings, culminating with our troops meeting up with the Russians just outside Berlin, as Hitler's Reich went down in flames. Just stating a few facts. If Pearl Harbor had never occurred, Hitler, as an Axis partner, would not have had to declare war on America. Without that, I dare say the world be a different place, indeed. Perhaps, to this day. No slight intended, just a few facts.
To think all of this started over someone's sarcastic bs reply about my affection for this forum. Thanks for your feedback Colin. At least it's honest and straightforward. Now back to Elvis.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:21 pm

Colin B wrote:Your suggestion that Europe owes its freedon to the US had the same effect on me...
The Swamp Fox wrote:I hate that it had that effect.
I was merely pointing to the fact that outside of not listening to his generals, Hitler''s biggest mistake was declaing war against the U.S., which at tell time, had remained neutral, due to public sentiment. All of Europe was under German occupation and control at this point. After the war declaration, the U.S. became actively involved in the war, supplying and assisting the UK in the West and supplying Russia with tons of war material (tanks, jeeps, food,etc.) in the East. Fast forward to the U.S. led mass aerial bombings with thousands of American bombers based in the UK to the D-Day landings, culminating with our troops meeting up with the Russians just outside Berlin, as Hitler's Reich went down in flames. Just stating a few facts. If Pearl Harbor had never occurred, Hitler, as an Axis partner, would not have had to declare war on America. Without that, I dare say the world be a different place, indeed. Perhaps, to this day. No slight intended, just a few facts.
To think all of this started over someone's sarcastic bs reply about my affection for this forum. Thanks for your feedback Colin. At least it's honest and straightforward. Now back to Elvis.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you stated that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour preceded Hitler's declaration
of war on the US.

It was the Japanese attack which dragged a reluctant US into WWII.

The other Allies were doing a pretty good job beating Hitler, the added power of the US simply speeded up the process.

Yes, let's get back to Elvis...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Off Topic”