Tommy Steele is a 'Sir' !

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

John

Re: Tommy Steele is a 'Sir' !

Postby John » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:18 pm

alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:Mostly Tom Jones with his constant made up stories designed to put elvis down and make look Tom superior.
Even though he met Elvis. His stories have gone overboard as time was marching on.

And don't get me started on Petula Clark and how Elvis was dying to have a treesome with her and Karen Carpenter.
Ough....
Still, I detest Tom more for his put downs which he sneaks in in his "storytelling".

I see no put downs from Tom.

No?
His story of elvis taking a dump while he in the shower and he wiped his ass with a towel?
Is may not be respectful telling that story, but it's not a put down (I haven't heard the towel bit, ever).
Even if true, and I highly doubt that given how discreet elvis was in many ways....he surely wouldn't have take a dump while in the same room, it is disrespectful to say the least to offer that.
And how about when he claimed that elvis told him that he let his background singers do the work hitting all the high notes instead of elvis himself so he could save his voice?
That I believe. You can hear it on some live recordings.

Tom of course, told elvis that Tom does that by himself and not let background do the work.
Besides, that is false and you can hear on most live shows that elvis himself hits the high notes, (not all then?)

this story is designed to make tom look superior,.
If you in all in that can't see a put down than I can't help you.

These aren't put downs if they are true, and you can't prove they aren't true. I don't need your help, thank you very much, and if you can't see these are not put downs, I can't help you.

alberta sheffield

Postby alberta sheffield » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:09 pm

John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:Mostly Tom Jones with his constant made up stories designed to put elvis down and make look Tom superior.
Even though he met Elvis. His stories have gone overboard as time was marching on.

And don't get me started on Petula Clark and how Elvis was dying to have a treesome with her and Karen Carpenter.
Ough....
Still, I detest Tom more for his put downs which he sneaks in in his "storytelling".

No?
His story of elvis taking a dump while he in the shower and he wiped his ass with a towel?
Is may not be respectful telling that story, but it's not a put down (I haven't heard the towel bit, ever).
Even if true, and I highly doubt that given how discreet elvis was in many ways....he surely wouldn't have take a dump while in the same room, it is disrespectful to say the least to offer that.
And how about when he claimed that elvis told him that he let his background singers do the work hitting all the high notes instead of elvis himself so he could save his voice?

Tom of course, told elvis that Tom does that by himself and not let background do the work.
Besides, that is false and you can hear on most live shows that elvis himself hits the high notes, (not all then?)

These aren't put downs if they are true, and you can't prove they aren't true. I don't need your help, thank you very much, and if you can't see these are not put downs, I can't help you.

Yes, can prove it. Elvis , of course, used in the last 2 years to some extent his background singers.
But rarely. And even in the soundboards from 76 or 77 you can hear its Elvis himself on most high notes.
And of course not on all of them (shows or songs).
And the conversation with Tom about not hitting himself the notes took places around 1970/1971.
At that time Elvis almost always did hit the notes himself.
If you can't believe that, that is your choice,
And I don't need your help either on anything or your rude behaviour towards me.
I am sure another shot in the back will follow soon.
Facts are facts still though.

John

Postby John » Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:05 pm

alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:

Ough....

No?

Yes, can prove it. Elvis , of course, used in the last 2 years to some extent his background singers.
But rarely. And even in the soundboards from 76 or 77 you can hear its Elvis himself on most high notes.
And of course not on all of them (shows or songs).
And the conversation with Tom about not hitting himself the notes took places around 1970/1971.
At that time Elvis almost always did hit the notes himself.
If you can't believe that, that is your choice,
And I don't need your help either on anything or your rude behaviour towards me.
I am sure another shot in the back will follow soon.
Facts are facts still though.

Has it taken you 10 months to formulate a reply? Gosh, you consider me rude towards you? Very strange.

Yes indeed, facts are facts. By all means feel free to present any in your posts.

alberta sheffield

Postby alberta sheffield » Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:27 pm

I am sorry that i didnt use my time to be present on forums in the last year..
And you know very well that I didn't need to say what I had to say about that matter with much preparation. I don't need 10 months for thinking about a post.
Don't underestimate me that I need intellectually such a long time to come up with an answer. I had better things to do in the last year to return to one of your lame attempts to put me down.
But thanks for the rude and condescending way to imply that I indeed need 10 months to come up with an answer.
Even though your opinion of me seems very low, you know better that I don't need much such preparation to come up with an answer.
You know very well that I was pretty quick to answer what was coming to me.you even were complimentary on my quick humour and wit in the past
Of course, you deny that now,
A lame attempt from you to downplay my intelligence speaks volumes and says more about you than about me.
I thought you were better than such a cheap shot.
Pathetic. From you.

By all means feel free to present any in your posts.

I did . Reading what i wrote is necessary.
I feel sorry for the way you behave and that you have to retort to such lame and cheap tactics.
But in my post before I wrote that I am sure you had nothing better to do to try such cheap and uncalled tactics.
I am sad you became so bitter.
You were different before.
Again, feel free to shoot me in the back again.
Cheers.

John

Postby John » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:26 pm

alberta sheffield wrote:I am sorry that i didnt use my time to be present on forums in the last year..
And you know very well that I didn't need to say what I had to say about that matter with much preparation. I don't need 10 months for thinking about a post.
Don't underestimate me that I need intellectually such a long time to come up with an answer. I had better things to do in the last year to return to one of your lame attempts to put me down.
But thanks for the rude and condescending way to imply that I indeed need 10 months to come up with an answer.
Even though your opinion of me seems very low, you know better that I don't need much such preparation to come up with an answer.
You know very well that I was pretty quick to answer what was coming to me.you even were complimentary on my quick humour and wit in the past
A lame attempt from you to downplay my intelligence speaks volumes and says more about you than about me.
Pathetic. From you.

I feel sorry for the way you behave and that you have to retort to such lame and cheap tactics.
But in my post before I wrote that I am sure you had nothing better to do to try such cheap and uncalled tactics.
Cheers.

Why don't we put it to the vote?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:28 pm

alberta sheffield wrote:I am sorry that i didnt use my time to be present on forums in the last year..
Pathetic. From you.

Cheers.

Don't waste our precious time, please - Pacer / Purify / Pictureboy. We've had enough of that.

Return to “Off Topic”