The "talk about whatever you want" thread

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

alberta sheffield

Re: The "talk about whatever you want" thread

Postby alberta sheffield » Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:21 am

On a closer look I just saw on the second pic something like a rest of a tie....or did Elvis pulled his tongue out by the root and placed the tongue there?

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:12 am

Had to be at the doctor's office sober for giving blood samples to check my health, results of which I wil hear tuesday.
I decided for breakfast to have a cup of coffee at McDonalds as well as an Egg McMuffin.
That tasted good.
A pity they only serve this up until 11.00 o 'clock here. I could eat one every day but usually I am at McDonalds or other fastfood restaurants around 13.00 o 'clock.
Today promises to be a hot day with temperature up to 29 degrees Celsius, so I stay home the remainder of the day.
Enough things to do.
Finally found a way to digitalize VHS tapes so I am sorting out which ones I need to digitalize and which ones I can throw into the dustbin right away as I have all that is on it on DVD.

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sat Jul 20, 2024 2:42 am

alberta sheffield wrote:I typed in James Garner actor
And James Garner Rockford Files.
Yeah, a spitting image .....both times.... :roll:

So you and pacer both like James Garner!!!
ImageImage

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sat Jul 20, 2024 10:07 am

Private Presley wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:I typed in James Garner actor
And James Garner Rockford Files.
Yeah, a spitting image .....both times.... :roll:

So you and pacer both like James Garner!!!

and whoever he was before Pacer, or after. It's OK though, he/she likes it here, and if it takes changing names to be here, that's OK. We've known from day one. As long as there's no trouble he/she is welcome.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Jul 23, 2024 10:57 am

From the UK Newspaper 'i' - 23rd July 2024:

The 'i' Newspaper - 23rd July 2024 - 001.jpg

Vic Morrow - Helicopter Prediction [red].jpg

The premonition didn't help him as he & the children were killed on the ground by the helicopter.

Vic Morrow played the loathsome character 'Shark' in King Creole in 1958:

Vic Morrow - King Creole [3].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:42 am

Since the neighbourhood where I live is going downhill I installed a video doorbell. Recently most neighbours have done so.
I get a notice on my mobile phone whenever this doorbell videotapes something, like people walking by, cars passing by, someone ringing the bell.
Luckily I cold switch off the "people and objects passing by". Now I only get a notice when someone rings the bell and I can pick up the phone and see and talk with that person. It saves me from opening the door for bad people, door to door salesmen and parcel-for-neighbour deliveries.
When I am outdoors I get a notice when back home that someone rang the doorbell, complete with picture.
I am quite happy with this purchase.
Only backlash is that every time something happens in the neighbourhood, like a robbery, Police is there to ask if I videotaped anything.
Told them I only videotape someone ringing the bell.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:48 am

Yin Yang wrote:Since the neighbourhood where I live is going downhill I installed a video doorbell. Recently most neighbours have done so.
I get a notice on my mobile phone whenever this doorbell videotapes something, like people walking by, cars passing by, someone ringing the bell.
Luckily I cold switch off the "people and objects passing by". Now I only get a notice when someone rings the bell and I can pick up the phone and see and talk with that person. It saves me from opening the door for bad people, door to door salesmen and parcel-for-neighbour deliveries.
When I am outdoors I get a notice when back home that someone rang the doorbell, complete with picture.
Only backlash is that every time something happens in the neighbourhood, like a robbery, Police is there to ask if I videotaped anything.

You should accept taking a delivery for neighbours, they might do the same for you.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:41 pm

Colin B wrote:
Yin Yang wrote:Since the neighbourhood where I live is going downhill I installed a video doorbell. Recently most neighbours have done so.

You should accept taking a delivery for neighbours, they might do the same for you.

I do this for some neighbours.
But the ones that moved in the past years and never introduced themselves and never talk to me or even say "hello" are out of luck.
I stopped buying things by mail so no need for the neighbours to accept my parcels.

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Yin Yang wrote:
Colin B wrote:

I do this for some neighbours.
But the ones that moved in the past years and never introduced themselves and never talk to me or even say "hello" are out of luck.
I stopped buying things by mail so no need for the neighbours to accept my parcels.

I’m with you, and without going into details, I also accept for only ‘some’ neighbours.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:26 pm

Colin B wrote:From the UK Newspaper 'i' - 23rd July 2024:

The 'i' Newspaper - 23rd July 2024 - 001.jpg

Vic Morrow - Helicopter Prediction [red].jpg
The premonition didn't help him as he & the children were killed on the ground by the helicopter.

Vic Morrow played the loathsome character 'Shark' in King Creole in 1958:

Vic Morrow - King Creole [3].jpg

I paid my respects.

IMG_3893.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Colin.Bee

Postby Colin.Bee » Sun Jul 28, 2024 10:08 am

Yin Yang wrote:
Colin B wrote:

It’s exactly the same here in the UK. I’ve lived in the same house for almost 40 years and people have changed very much. When we came to this street everyone knew each other and most people would speak, now it’s the opposite. Most of the new people can’t even look at you let alone say hello. If I speak first some will grunt and move on. It’s become a very sad world, you only have to look at people looking at their phones as they walk/jog/cycle/drive. People are missing out on so much.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Aug 03, 2024 1:05 am

Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:29 pm

From the UK magazine - Private Eye - No.1629 - August 2024:

Private Eye - August 2024 - 001.jpg

There is a blindingly obvious solution, but no politicians are mentioning it.

[And neither are you - The Management]
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:17 pm

Colin B wrote:From the UK magazine - Private Eye - No.1629 - August 2024:

Private Eye - August 2024 - 001.jpg

There is a blindingly obvious solution, but no politicians are mentioning it.

[And neither are you - The Management]

Yeah, tax the pensioners. There's 1.5 billion straight away.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:27 pm

John wrote:Yeah, tax the pensioners. There's 1.5 billion straight away.

Tax the wealthy, pensioners or not.

Thatcher granted huge tax advantages for the richest among us & Cameron did the same.

These have never been reversed.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Off Topic”