The "talk about whatever you want" thread

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Yin Yang

Re: The "talk about whatever you want" thread

Postby Yin Yang » Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:46 pm

So I fell for the offer of quicker and cheaper internet, phone & TV.
Got a big box with modem and such.
Followed the instructions, placed a fiber connection cabinet on the inlet in the cupboard with the electricity stops and meter.
Then connected the power supply but there is no power outlet in that cupboard!
So I used an electric extension cable but the thing did not work. The "power on" light did not switch on.
So I applied for help by installing. They can only be here July 10!
So if you do not hear from me for a while, it has nothing to do with you lot, but with the tricky sales of the new internet provider.
This mechanic is goi9ng to be more expensive than the money I saved on the "cheaper" subscription.

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:02 pm

Yin Yang wrote:So I fell for the offer of quicker and cheaper internet, phone & TV.
Got a big box with modem and such.
Followed the instructions, placed a fiber connection cabinet on the inlet in the cupboard with the electricity stops and meter.
Then connected the power supply but there is no power outlet in that cupboard!
So I used an electric extension cable but the thing did not work. The "power on" light did not switch on.
So I applied for help by installing. They can only be here July 10!
So if you do not hear from me for a while, it has nothing to do with you lot, but with the tricky sales of the new internet provider.
This mechanic is goi9ng to be more expensive than the money I saved on the "cheaper" subscription.

Well, I decided to ask for information at the shop of the internet-suppier.
I was told I have to ask the landlord to install power supply in the cupboard, then contact the internet provider and have a mechanic install the internet.
So I told them I'd rather cancel, which was OK.
Problem solved.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Jul 02, 2024 4:01 pm

Yin Yang wrote:Well, I decided to ask for information at the shop of the internet-suppier.
I was told I have to ask the landlord to install power supply in the cupboard, then contact the internet provider and have a mechanic install the internet.
Problem solved.

Get your money back ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:17 am

Colin B wrote:
Yin Yang wrote:Well, I decided to ask for information at the shop of the internet-suppier.
Problem solved.

Get your money back ?

DId not have to pay yet. I have to send back the equipment received like a modem and TV channel selector but they will send me a letter with instructions..
Also I do not have to inform my old (current) provider as they will get a notice from the new provider that I cancelled the change of provider.
If the door-to-door salesman would have informed me power supply was needed where the connection to the glasfibre-internet cable is installed, I would not have signed anyway.
The lady at the internet-provider shop told me that there is no power supply in the cupboard near the front door in older houses (where the electricity and gas comes into the house) but all recently built houses do have it because of this new internet connection.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:56 pm

Yin Yang wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Yin Yang wrote:Good to see the different medicine was OK for you.
My heart is defective ands does not pump correct. Medicine stimulate the pump function, pills that make me go to the toilet make sure there is nu fluid detention, as that stores behind my lungs causing being out of breath real fast.
My life expectancy is not very long, but I enjoy every day I wake up and have had a reasonably pleasant life.
I am giving lots of things I no longer use or have not used after buyng it to the recycle welfare store, any money coming in there goes to the cats shelter.
Also I sell things, like my Elvis LP's (I have it all on CD in multiple variations), a scanner I no longer use, CD's, DVD"s and books and all money coming in goes to cats shelter and birds shelter and 2 guys who run an animal shelter where old animals do not get killed but live a happy last months or years of their life.
There are people who try to take advantage of that, but I see through them. :lol:

Sorry yin yang...I don't know how I missed this post. I am really sorry to hear about your life expectancy. I really wish you well. I hope there's is something that can help you in this near future. It's a great thing you are doing for the those animal shelters. :)

Hi Elvislady. Thank you for the well-wishes.
I always accepted life as it came to me, the good and the occasional bad.
I met a lot of nice people and the occasional idiot.
I had trouble breathing after walking for 2 minutes and had to stand still or sit down to get my breath back. (I hope this does not sound weird as English is not my first language). But with a different medicine I now walk without any problems for 15+ minutes.
The only problem is I can not carry things, like shoppings, so when shopping I use a walker. Inherited that one from my mother.
Meantime I do almost all the things I used to do and enjoy, except buying new CD's or DVD's.
Sunday will be a special day to me. I will have the same age as my father when he passed away.
I feel sorry for the people around me when I pass away. They have to miss me. I know how that feels as I lost quite a few friends and family.
But that's the circle of life.
I am happy to know most of my Elvis LP's and books found a good home and the animal shelters got a nice donation.

Hi yin yang, It doesn't sound weird at all..I understand how you feel. It's funny how life changes your thoughts process as you get older. I for one see how mine has changed I am 60 now. Great that your meds help you much better. It's not a big deal if you can't carry things so long as you have help. My one thing is carry on walking as much as you can it will help your heart and lungs. I fully understand your special day you and your dad being the same age my hubby is coming upto the same age his dad passed away which was only 63. As I said our thoughts change as we age. Live your life like you want and can. Try not to focus on when it's your time. I hope I don't sound bad saying that. Sorry for late reply I don't get in the forum as much these days. Take care keep up your walking even if you have your walking aid. :)
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:52 am

It is fun clearing the stuff I "collected". I find things I did not even know I ever purchased.
The charity store is happy with it. Whenever I have a full shopping bag I place it on my walker and walk the 10 minutes (and back).
Whenever I have some empty space I take things off the floor and put it on the shelves.
Some things I try to sell and donate the money to the charity connected to the charity store.
Today I will deliver several books to a shop where people can take books with them for free and return after they read it or keep it if they like.
Some books and LP's they sell and from that money and donations they pay the rent and electricity.
For many years I had the fun of searching for things to add to my collection, now I have the fun of donating it to charity or sell it with all proceeds going to charity.
My only "spending" is during lunch I go to a shop with fast food section and buy a cheese sandwich and cup of coffee. It also gives me an excuse to walk 2x 15 minutes daily.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:16 am

This is an AI creation generated from just a text which read "An Elvis-type figure performing".

An AI Generated Elvis.JPG

Could be worse...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Jul 09, 2024 2:22 pm

Colin B wrote:This is an AI creation generated from just a text which read "An Elvis-type figure performing".

Could be worse...

Did you do it, or did you find it on the internet?

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:22 pm

Yin Yang wrote:It is fun clearing the stuff I "collected". I find things I did not even know I ever purchased.
The charity store is happy with it. Whenever I have a full shopping bag I place it on my walker and walk the 10 minutes (and back).
Whenever I have some empty space I take things off the floor and put it on the shelves.
Some things I try to sell and donate the money to the charity connected to the charity store.
Today I will deliver several books to a shop where people can take books with them for free and return after they read it or keep it if they like.
Some books and LP's they sell and from that money and donations they pay the rent and electricity.
For many years I had the fun of searching for things to add to my collection, now I have the fun of donating it to charity or sell it with all proceeds going to charity.
My only "spending" is during lunch I go to a shop with fast food section and buy a cheese sandwich and cup of coffee. It also gives me an excuse to walk 2x 15 minutes daily.

I love the Oxfam/ Charity shops. I have many Elvis books I need to sort through. Good for you getting out and walking even if it's short walk . :D
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:23 pm

Colin B wrote:This is an AI creation generated from just a text which read "An Elvis-type figure performing".

Could be worse...

It could be a lot worse I guess Colin. ;)
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:10 pm

Could be worse...
John wrote:Did you do it, or did you find it on the internet?

I found the site & entered the text, the AI produced the image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:06 am

Colin B wrote:

Could be worse...

I found the site & entered the text, the AI produced the image.

What site?

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:14 am

Could be worse...
Colin B wrote:I found the site & entered the text, the AI produced the image.
John wrote:What site?

Here:

https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/text2img
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:15 am

Colin B wrote:

Could be worse...
Colin B wrote:I found the site & entered the text, the AI produced the image.
John wrote:What site?

Here:

https://deepai.org/machine-learning-model/text2img

You couldn't tell it's not real (cough).

AI EP.jpg

alberta sheffield

Postby alberta sheffield » Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:11 pm

I typed in James Garner actor
And James Garner Rockford Files.
Yeah, a spitting image .....both times.... :roll:

Return to “Off Topic”