A Beatles Anniversary

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
Colin B

Re: A Beatles Anniversary

Postby Colin B » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:34 pm

Richard wrote:But what's the cutoff point at which an amount becomes obscene?
If someone buys a car costing £150,000 should they have bought a cheaper one and given the difference to charity?
What about paying £2,500 for an autograph? £600 for a box of vinyl records? £200 for a book?
John wrote:All too much.
Yeah, each to his own and all that stuff, but it just seems crazy to me.

Something for sale is 'worth' the greater amount a buyer is prepared to pay for it.

Capitalism rules !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:36 am

I offered some 600 LP's incuding Elvis ones (the cheap labels, no RCA-Victor) for sale on a selling site for € 1,00 each. Sold about 30 LP's and had the pleasure of people collecting a € 1,00 LP and having only 80 cents with them and one waving a € 500,00 banknote........
Then there were the people who did not show up, showed up at the wrong time or when I did not open the front door quick enough started to ring the doorbell of the neighbours.
So I decided to give them all to charity and they were happy with them as they sold out within a week!

I had more luck selling Suske & Wiske (Bob & Bobette) comics. I had a lot of special issues given away by all sorts of companies and products in the 70's and 80's. Offered some 120 for sale for € 1,00 each and sold them by the dozens. Have some 20 left which also will go to charity when the advertising time runs out.

So what one person does not sell,
someone else can sell without a problem.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:10 pm

Just a couple of days ago, Pete Best became a 81 year old Beatle.

By the way, here's a couple of cool images that have recently surfaced, showing the band playing at The Cavern in July 1961 :

Beatles Cavern July 1961 a.jpg

Beatles Cavern July 1961 b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Off Topic”