AFL-1,AQL and TAN label pressings.

It's In The Groove

Topic author
Slaam

AFL-1,AQL and TAN label pressings.

Postby Slaam » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:37 pm

Does anyone know where I can find information about the AFL-1,AQL or TAN labels?
I just got into collecting these pressings (along with a couple of european pressings)
I'm familiar with elvisrecords.com but It gives no information(in most cases about rarity etc.
Does anyone know what website or book to go to?
For instance,I just got a AFL-1 Clambake with the sticker (old stock LSP sleeve with serialnumber sticker) is that more collectable than a AFL sleeve?
Information like that.

Yin Yang

Re: AFL-1,AQL and TAN label pressings.

Postby Yin Yang » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:32 pm

Slaam wrote:Does anyone know where I can find information about the AFL-1,AQL or TAN labels?
I just got into collecting these pressings (along with a couple of european pressings)
I'm familiar with elvisrecords.com but It gives no information(in most cases about rarity etc.
Does anyone know what website or book to go to?
For instance,I just got a AFL-1 Clambake with the sticker (old stock LSP sleeve with serialnumber sticker) is that more collectable than a AFL sleeve?
Information like that.

Records and sleeves may be pressed / printed at different places i.e. at a record plant and at a printing company.
So there still may be sleeves when all records are used / sold.
Or the other way around.
If a label number has been changed and there are still sleeves with the old label number, these may get a "new" label number sticker.

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”