That'll Be The Day LP (Billy Fury and other rockers)

It's In The Groove

Topic author
Ben

That'll Be The Day LP (Billy Fury and other rockers)

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 am

I have this LP but it's not in the best shape and doesn't sound great. It's only ever been out once in its original release and I would like to get a better transfer of the Billy Fury songs as they are rerecordings only available on this LP.

Does anyone here have a copy that they were able to transfer the songs from it please?

John

Re: That'll Be The Day LP (Billy Fury and other rockers)

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:04 am

Ben wrote:I have this LP but it's not in the best shape and doesn't sound great. It's only ever been out once in its original release and I would like to get a better transfer of the Billy Fury songs as they are rerecordings only available on this LP.

Does anyone here have a copy that they were able to transfer the songs from it please?

I'll look, but I think I gave it to charity.

Have you checked youtube? I bet a lot of these would be on there.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:34 am

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:41 am

Not from the film, but are you aware of this track Ben?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFzjnZ6h5m0

Topic author
Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:54 pm

I did find a better version of Long Live Rock from one of Billy's releases called Rare Billy or something. It's the rerecording of A Thousand Stars and Get Yourself Together and exclusive recordings of That's All Right and What'd I Say that are harder to find anywhere in decent quality and my LP is battered after playing it for 20 years.

I have All My Time on a new CD o just bought called The Lost Album. There's 2 versions of it circulating but they're very similar.

If you want a copy of the album just let me know.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Ben wrote:I did find a better version of Long Live Rock from one of Billy's releases called Rare Billy or something. It's the rerecording of A Thousand Stars and Get Yourself Together and exclusive recordings of That's All Right and What'd I Say that are harder to find anywhere in decent quality and my LP is battered after playing it for 20 years.

I have All My Time on a new CD o just bought called The Lost Album. There's 2 versions of it circulating but they're very similar.

I'm OK thanks, I've got lots of Billy. I checked and I don't have thee LP anymore. I didn't even keep a copy.

Have you asked Richard to try and find a copy? He's a genius at that.

Topic author
Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:14 pm

John wrote:
Ben wrote:I did find a better version of Long Live Rock from one of Billy's releases called Rare Billy or something. It's the rerecording of A Thousand Stars and Get Yourself Together and exclusive recordings of That's All Right and What'd I Say that are harder to find anywhere in decent quality and my LP is battered after playing it for 20 years.

I'm OK thanks, I've got lots of Billy. I checked and I don't have thee LP anymore. I didn't even keep a copy.

You can never have too much Billy.

I think I may have asked him a while ago but he couldn't find it. As I say, they've only ever been out on this one release and it's never had a CD release.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:25 pm

Ben wrote:
John wrote:

I think I may have asked him a while ago but he couldn't find it. As I say, they've only ever been out on this one release and it's never had a CD release.

Does he sing them in the movie without interruptions?

Topic author
Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:34 pm

John wrote:
Ben wrote:
John wrote:

I can't remember. It's years since I've seen the film. I think it might be on YouTube though. I'll have a look when I get a minute.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Ben wrote:
John wrote:
Ben wrote:
John wrote:

I can't remember. It's years since I've seen the film. I think it might be on YouTube though. I'll have a look when I get a minute.

I have it on DVD. I was suggesting you can rip the songs from the DVD if they are the same as on the record, i.e. not interrupted by talking etc.

Topic author
Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:37 pm

I never thought of that till you mentioned it. I have it on DVD too but it's packed away.

Is there any spare time you could get to check please? I only remember one scene from the film.

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:26 pm

Ben wrote:I never thought of that till you mentioned it. I have it on DVD too but it's packed away.

Is there any spare time you could get to check please? I only remember one scene from the film.

Maybe tomorrow.....

See what I did there?

Topic author
Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:37 pm

John wrote:
Ben wrote:I never thought of that till you mentioned it. I have it on DVD too but it's packed away.

Maybe tomorrow.....

See what I did there?

I noticed it straight away but I thought I'd play it cool seeing as I'm the twist kid.

Topic author
Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:03 pm

I've just got my DVD out - it was at the top of a box that was on the top of other boxes, lucky me - and watched parts of the film. Firstly, the film isn't great. Quite crap in fact. Secondly, the songs can't be extracted from the film as they're only partial versions and not the whole songs.

It's saved you some time though.

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”