Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

It's In The Groove

Topic author
djc45
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby djc45 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows anything about a sleeve printing error on the 1972 pressing of 'Elvis Now'. I`m trying to work out if the record I just picked up is particularly rare or not.

Elvis Now is an album I've never had on vinyl from back in the day and spotted it in a used record store last weekend. When I opened it today, after leaving it to sit for a few days, I noticed that the sleeve listing and the track on the record don't match. On side one Hey Jude and Miracle of the Rosary are swapped round on the back of the sleeve, but are in the correct order on the record itself. It is on the orange label and is number LSP-4671 (APRS-2007).

I`ve attached photos showing the sleeve and the label, apologies for the poor camera on my tablet. The sleeve has some disc wear, and there are some scribbles on the back sleeve. I`m just wondering if there were loads of these released with this error, or if it might be more valuable because of the error. Does anyone know any story about the error. I couldn't see anything on a quick Google search.

I appreciate any advice anyone can give me.
[img]
Elvis%20Now%20label.jpg
Elvis%20Now%20Cover.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar

John
Posts: 18944
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 3620 times
Been thanked: 4877 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby John » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:10 pm

djc45 wrote:Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows anything about a sleeve printing error on the 1972 pressing of 'Elvis Now'. I`m trying to work out if the record I just picked up is particularly rare or not.

Elvis Now is an album I've never had on vinyl from back in the day and spotted it in a used record store last weekend. When I opened it today, after leaving it to sit for a few days, I noticed that the sleeve listing and the track on the record don't match. On side one Hey Jude and Miracle of the Rosary are swapped round on the back of the sleeve, but are in the correct order on the record itself. It is on the orange label and is number LSP-4671 (APRS-2007).

I`ve attached photos showing the sleeve and the label, apologies for the poor camera on my tablet. The sleeve has some disc wear, and there are some scribbles on the back sleeve. I`m just wondering if there were loads of these released with this error, or if it might be more valuable because of the error. Does anyone know any story about the error. I couldn't see anything on a quick Google search.

I appreciate any advice anyone can give me.
[img]Elvis%20Now%20label.jpgElvis%20Now%20Cover.jpg[/img]

I don't have mine anymore, long gone, but it is on eBay and the track order is correct on the sleeve and the label.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELVIS-PRESLE ... SwQ8BfkDeh

Let's hope someone on here can answer your question.


Ben
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:32 pm
Location: Leeds
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby Ben » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:53 pm

Mine's at my dad's but I can't recall it being incorrect.


Ed A
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 pm
Location: U.S.A.
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby Ed A » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:52 pm

djc45 wrote:Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows anything about a sleeve printing error on the 1972 pressing of 'Elvis Now'. I`m trying to work out if the record I just picked up is particularly rare or not.

Elvis Now is an album I've never had on vinyl from back in the day and spotted it in a used record store last weekend. When I opened it today, after leaving it to sit for a few days, I noticed that the sleeve listing and the track on the record don't match. On side one Hey Jude and Miracle of the Rosary are swapped round on the back of the sleeve, but are in the correct order on the record itself. It is on the orange label and is number LSP-4671 (APRS-2007).

I`ve attached photos showing the sleeve and the label, apologies for the poor camera on my tablet. The sleeve has some disc wear, and there are some scribbles on the back sleeve. I`m just wondering if there were loads of these released with this error, or if it might be more valuable because of the error. Does anyone know any story about the error. I couldn't see anything on a quick Google search.

I appreciate any advice anyone can give me.


Are you speaking of a U.S. pressing or something from another country?

Ed

User avatar

colonel snow
Posts: 5353
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 am
Location: antarctica
Has thanked: 766 times
Been thanked: 2004 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby colonel snow » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:38 pm

The tracks on the listening notes for LSP 4671 side 1 have the same order with the label.
On the site http://www.Elvisrecords.us the error on the sleeve is not mentioned.
On Discogs I’ve not seen the error either.


colonel snow

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 6942
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 3491 times
Been thanked: 3344 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby TonyS » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:13 am

That's a US pressing and not something I'm clued up on.
Cool info though, thanks for pointing it out.... I learn something everyday.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 21127
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 4762 times
Been thanked: 5073 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby Colin B » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:50 pm

The sleeve error seems to be quite rare.

Not mentioned in the discographies.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

colonel snow
Posts: 5353
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 am
Location: antarctica
Has thanked: 766 times
Been thanked: 2004 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby colonel snow » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:40 pm

I've looked into some Presleyana books / Price Guides and others but it's not mentioned anywhere.


colonel snow

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 8038
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 2228 times
Been thanked: 3993 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 pm

I have PMd fellow "Phoenix" member wwe.

No doubt he will be able to supply some info.


Topic author
djc45
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby djc45 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:20 am

Ed,
I'm in Scotland, so I guess it will be a UK pressing.

User avatar

colonel snow
Posts: 5353
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 am
Location: antarctica
Has thanked: 766 times
Been thanked: 2004 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby colonel snow » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:02 am

As far as I can see your LP is not a pressing "Made in the USA" (see scan).
May be the matrix number pressed in the loop-out- groove gives some information?

colonel snow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 8038
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 2228 times
Been thanked: 3993 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:46 am

djc45 wrote:Ed,
I'm in Scotland, so I guess it will be a UK pressing.


I can't read what's below the "dynaflex" brand in the first photo of this thread. Maybe the country of origin is specified there.

Also, both label photos in this thread have the composers' complete names, except for McCartney.

User avatar

John
Posts: 18944
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 3620 times
Been thanked: 4877 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby John » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:11 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
djc45 wrote:Ed,
I'm in Scotland, so I guess it will be a UK pressing.


I can't read what's below the "dynaflex" brand in the first photo of this thread. Maybe the country of origin is specified there.


It says a few things, including Made In USA.

User avatar

Mister Moon
Posts: 8038
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:35 pm
Has thanked: 2228 times
Been thanked: 3993 times

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:08 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
djc45 wrote:Ed,
I'm in Scotland, so I guess it will be a UK pressing.


I can't read what's below the "dynaflex" brand in the first photo of this thread. Maybe the country of origin is specified there.


It says a few things, including Made In USA.


Thanks, John. Your eyes are better than mine. I have made the image bigger and clearer, but I can't read a thing.

I hope wwe will see this thread.


Topic author
djc45
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 5:29 pm

Re: Elvis Now-1972-Sleeve Error

Postby djc45 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:25 pm

The run in number has
GI
after the record numbers aprs2007 and aprs2008
Thanks
Duncan


Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests