Vinyl - Is there a big interest in vinyl on this board?

It's In The Groove

Mojo Filter

Re: Vinyl - Is there a big interest in vinyl on this board?

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri May 22, 2020 5:47 am

TonyS wrote:7MC42.jpg
This is nice, AND it's mine. :)

This is a cool item.

I too have a copy. Mines almost mint with the name "Ray" written in the centre in pencil but it's very lightly written, you can hardly see it.. A true mint one fetches the £400 mark.

Though it's pressed in Great Britain but it is an export. Printed in Britain for export. It is quite rare, in fact it's rarer than the original Sun 45 as it as the same A and B sides.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

TonyS

Postby TonyS » Fri May 22, 2020 6:36 am

Mojo Filter wrote:

This is a cool item.

I too have a copy. Mines almost mint with the name "Ray" written in the centre in pencil but it's very lightly written, you can hardly see it.. A true mint one fetches the £400 mark.

Though it's pressed in Great Britain but it is an export. Printed in Britain for export. It is quite rare, in fact it's rarer than the original Sun 45 as it as the same A and B sides.

I've played it only once while making a video of it playing with a direct in line mono recording at the same time.
Not a pop or crackle to be heard, beautiful.... and it has the longer ending, it doesn't cut off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri May 22, 2020 4:34 pm

TonyS wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

This is a cool item.

I've played it only once while making a video of it playing with a direct in line mono recording at the same time.
Not a pop or crackle to be heard, beautiful.... and it has the longer ending, it doesn't cut off.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You have it in its original sleeve, too. It's cool also that Scotty and Bill are mentioned on the label. If memory serves me correctly, I think it was the other HMV "Mystery Train" with "Love Me" on the other side that had the abrupt ending on "Mystery Train" cutting off the fade out.

What's interesting, and it's not mentioned in any books i have or any other books, unless my memory is failing me is, this is the only one of his 5 Sun singles to be released around the world with the same A and B as the original Sun 45 in the 50s excluding the United States, and I think Canada did all five with same A and B sides but that's about it.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

marvan

Postby marvan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:44 pm

My interest in Elvis vinyl is still great.
A "vinyl" section is very welcome!

zebz

Postby zebz » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:11 am

TonyS wrote:Like I thought John, us vinyl nerds are a minority in this digital download era.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Where did you buy this??? I'd really like to pick it up!

TonyS

Postby TonyS » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:37 am

zebz wrote:
TonyS wrote:Like I thought John, us vinyl nerds are a minority in this digital download era.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Where did you buy this??? I'd really like to pick it up!

Memphis Mansion, Randers, Denmark.

See the link at the bottom of any of my posts.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”