Very Early Bootleg collectors, anyone remember those?

It's In The Groove

colonel snow

Re: Very Early Bootleg collectors, anyone remember those?

Postby colonel snow » Thu May 14, 2020 1:11 pm

Deleted due to doubts about the information.

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher

Postby Christopher » Thu May 14, 2020 3:24 pm

colonel snow wrote:
Christopher wrote:
colonel snow wrote:True love travels on a gravel road with harmony vocal overdub from 22 February 1969 is only released on this LP Elvis rocks and the girls roll.

spot the mistake!

;)

I don't see a mistake. The song was recorded on 17 February 1969; the harmony vocal was recorded a few days later on 22 February 1969.

colonel snow

sorry, colonel!
the mistake was sitting right in front of his pc screen and was a little tired late at night. :oops:
wish i could delete my post, but i don´t think that is technically possible.
i was thinking about the live version from (almost) one year later.

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Thu May 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Deleted due to doubts about the information.

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John

Postby John » Thu May 14, 2020 4:12 pm

colonel snow wrote:
The person who doesn't make mistakes has still to be born.

colonel snow

I think you'll find that he's the president of the USA. No further comments required about this despicable idiot.

BobDylan

Postby BobDylan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:43 am

colonel snow wrote:
rodney wrote:Changing subject from the 7" album saga...

My first bootlegs were Dorsey Shows, Sold Out and Rockin with NYE. Classics all.

But the most disappointing boot purchase ever for me was the Hilton Hotel 1972 LP. Loved the cover, but was not prepared for it being a mix of MSG and Aloha tracks as opposed to the winter 72 season. Talk about a Rip-off !

I never did get the Bootleg Elvis book - too pricey for this poor ol' fan, but wasn't HH1972 originally a 10" album, whereas my copy was 12". Was this a "boot of a boot"? Does anyone have the 10" version? Did the original had the same RCA contents?

Never have seen any ads for this one either ...

You're right; originally released in 1976 in 10 inch format. Label: Original Sound - entry 311 in the bootleg-book.
However no tracks from Las Vegas but from MSG + Aloha.

colonel snow

The 10 inch versions were produced by Vince Everett in London and were pressed on acetates, not vinyl. The covers were also homemade. Vince released 3 or 4 versions of this one with different colored covers. I own one that is on the Emidisc label and has the tan cover.
The 12 inch version was produced by Sam Theaker of Vic Colona fame and Richard Minor from Florida. The covers aren't as nice and the content is exactly the same.

BobDylan

Postby BobDylan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:58 pm

Between albums, 10", EP's, and singles and I have about 250 Elvis bootlegs on vinyl.

I have box sets, all of the Vic Colona albums, I think all the ones Ger (Tall Hair) made, a lot of really rare first pressings, and some of the more esoteric records.

A couple of the really rare ones I have are Rockin TV 1956, Elvis Remembered Vol.1, Live In Atlanta, and the 10" Hilton Hotel Sept. 1972.

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”