New Walmart Legacy Exclusive Vinyl

It's In The Groove

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

New Walmart Legacy Exclusive Vinyl

Postby The Swamp Fox » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:20 am

Received my Walmart exclusive Legacy vinyl release of Elvis' Golden Records,today. The gold, marbled vinyl is beautiful. I haven't had a chance to give it a spin.
20200406_190406-1.jpg
20200406_190420-1.jpg
20200406_190454.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: New Walmart Legacy Exclusive Vinyl

Postby TonyS » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:50 am

Nice to see that retro label too.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:44 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:Received my Walmart exclusive Legacy vinyl release of Elvis' Golden Records,today. The gold, marbled vinyl is beautiful. I haven't had a chance to give it a spin.20200406_190406-1.jpg20200406_190420-1.jpg20200406_190454.jpg

Nice item, and they have used the original liner notes too :

https://www.elvisrecords.com/lpm-1707-elvis-golden-records/

International Rescue

Postby International Rescue » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:38 pm

currently on e*bay but veeeery expensive

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:15 pm

International Rescue wrote:currently on e*bay but veeeery expensive

If you can order directly from Walmart, it's less than $20, excluding shipping.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:53 am

The Swamp Fox wrote:
International Rescue wrote:currently on e*bay but veeeery expensive

If you can order directly from Walmart, it's less than $20, excluding shipping.

Not for us outside the USA, sadly.
We are at the mercy of ebay to get this, which is why I'm unable to add it to my collection...... for now anyway.

ElvisDayByDay

Postby ElvisDayByDay » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:30 am

The Memphis Mansion will sell this according to their Facebook page.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:21 am

I remember when EPE had the exhibition at the O2 in London, they had an exclusive gold vinyl pressing of Golden Records Volume 2 available only at the exhibition shop.
It was a numbered limited edition of only 500.
I bought two copies, but neither from the O2.
It's just a matter of time. ;)

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:22 am

I just got 2 copies of this that I ordered from walmart.com online yesterday. It's a really nice reissue. It goes well with the recent vinyl reissue of "50,000,000 Million Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong - Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 2." I believe it came out back in January. I wouldn't mind seeing reissues of volumes 3, 4 and 5. Maybe even a reissue of "Elvis 50 Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 1" and "Elvis, The Other Sides, Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 2."

To me, I would say that "Elvis' Golden Records" is the album that has probably made more people fans of Elvis' music than any other. It doesn't even have to be under the title "Elvis' Golden Records." When I was in school, I bought a cassette version of essentially the same album, albeit, it was condensed and it removed some songs and it was titled something like "Heartbreak Hotel, Hound Dog And Other Top Ten Hits." However, my cassette version wasn't like the album cover I've seen online with the "Stay Away, Joe" photo. My cassette version was purple, black and yellow and didn't feature any images of Elvis on the cover.

The one thing I did want to mention is recently a co-worker gave me an original pressing of the reissue of the first "Elvis' Golden Records" set with the "RE" and the alteration to the liner notes. So it's kinda cool to see the changes that were made at the time. I imagine it's the use of the word "grueling" that was the reason for the change of the liner notes on the original album.

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:11 pm

DarylR wrote:I just got 2 copies of this that I ordered from walmart.com online yesterday. It's a really nice reissue. It goes well with the recent vinyl reissue of "50,000,000 Million Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong - Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 2." I believe it came out back in January. I wouldn't mind seeing reissues of volumes 3, 4 and 5. Maybe even a reissue of "Elvis 50 Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 1" and "Elvis, The Other Sides, Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 2."

To me, I would say that "Elvis' Golden Records" is the album that has probably made more people fans of Elvis' music than any other. It doesn't even have to be under the title "Elvis' Golden Records." When I was in school, I bought a cassette version of essentially the same album, albeit, it was condensed and it removed some songs and it was titled something like "Heartbreak Hotel, Hound Dog And Other Top Ten Hits." However, my cassette version wasn't like the album cover I've seen online with the "Stay Away, Joe" photo. My cassette version was purple, black and yellow and didn't feature any images of Elvis on the cover.

The one thing I did want to mention is recently a co-worker gave me an original pressing of the reissue of the first "Elvis' Golden Records" set with the "RE" and the alteration to the liner notes. So it's kinda cool to see the changes that were made at the time. I imagine it's the use of the word "grueling" that was the reason for the change of the liner notes on the original album.

Was the "50,000,000 .." release you speak of, a Legacy release,also?

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:46 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:
DarylR wrote:I just got 2 copies of this that I ordered from walmart.com online yesterday. It's a really nice reissue. It goes well with the recent vinyl reissue of "50,000,000 Million Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong - Elvis' Gold Records Vol. 2." I believe it came out back in January. I wouldn't mind seeing reissues of volumes 3, 4 and 5. Maybe even a reissue of "Elvis 50 Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 1" and "Elvis, The Other Sides, Worldwide Gold Award Hits Vol. 2."

Yes it is. Has the RCA and Legacy logos in the bottom left corner along with barcode on the back cover. It has the same photo that was used for the back cover on the original as well. Barcode is number 19439-70956-1. I believe I ordered it from Shop Graceland here in the U.S. I think it came out around the end of January of this year. It's only a regular black vinyl rather than the marbled gold of the Walmart version of Volume 1. Has the "Magic Millions" above the "RCA Victor" in the top right corner. Also has a "We Are Vinyl" sticker on the shrinkwrap. Both Volume 1 and Volume 2 come with a download code. In fact here's a link to purchase from Shop Graceland.

https://store.graceland.com/collections ... 2-vinyl-lp

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:41 pm

DarylR wrote:
The Swamp Fox wrote:

Yes it is. Has the RCA and Legacy logos in the bottom left corner along with barcode on the back cover. It has the same photo that was used for the back cover on the original as well. Barcode is number 19439-70956-1. I believe I ordered it from Shop Graceland here in the U.S. I think it came out around the end of January of this year. It's only a regular black vinyl rather than the marbled gold of the Walmart version of Volume 1. Has the "Magic Millions" above the "RCA Victor" in the top right corner. Also has a "We Are Vinyl" sticker on the shrinkwrap. Both Volume 1 and Volume 2 come with a download code. In fact here's a link to purchase from Shop Graceland.

https://store.graceland.com/collections ... 2-vinyl-lp

Thank you for the information!

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:48 pm

Here is the Legacy version from January on ebay. Is this one in the same?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362896388997

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 pm

It looks like it. In fact, looking at the eBay listing you posted, I noticed something that may not be anything at all but worth noting. The eBay listing you posted a link to is shipping out of Shepherdsville, Kentucky. My copies of Vol. 1 from Walmart also shipped originally out of Shepherdsville, Kentucky. I don't know if that is a coincidence or not. But I thought it was worth noting.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:33 am

Here's the European release of Vol 2 that I mentioned earlier.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”