Uk / us alternative sleeves

It's In The Groove

Topic author
AndresVanKujik

Uk / us alternative sleeves

Postby AndresVanKujik » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:56 pm

Okay here are just a handful of original uk sleeves. We had several different ones to the us versions. We never had picture sleeve regularly on singles until the 1980s. Our release of “Elvis for everyone” had Summer Kisses repacked with Wild in the country as we had already had Summer Kisses released.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AndresVanKujik on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man, I just work here..."

Mister Moon

Re: Uk / us alternative sleeves

Postby Mister Moon » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:51 pm

The "Harum Scarum" sleeve design was tastefully modified, but the "Spinout" one is just terrible. They went the easy way.

Topic author
AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:16 pm

Mister Moon wrote:The "Harum Scarum" sleeve design was tastefully modified, but the "Spinout" one is just terrible. They went the easy way.

Definitely though our “wonderful world of Christmas” makes up for it and Rock and Roll no 2 is just cool

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:58 pm

AndresVanKujik wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:The "Harum Scarum" sleeve design was tastefully modified, but the "Spinout" one is just terrible. They went the easy way.

Definitely though our “wonderful world of Christmas” makes up for it and Rock and Roll no 2 is just cool

Yes, I agree that the "No. 2" front sleeve is just great, a real classic. The original LPM-1382 is hard to beat, though.

Topic author
AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:53 am

The slightly smaller one just above the Wonderful World of Xmas is “The King...” this was our version of “Mahalo from Elvis”. Also for those who care we also had two 10” LPs, one in 1957 called “The best of Elvis”, the last to be issued on HMV label. And “Loving You” was 10” the original release and various reissued up until 1969 when the orange label kicked in and it became 12”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rockinrebel

Postby rockinrebel » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:43 pm

AndresVanKujik wrote:The slightly smaller one just above the Wonderful World of Xmas is “The King...” this was our version of “Mahalo from Elvis”. Also for those who care we also had two 10” LPs, one in 1957 called “The best of Elvis”, the last to be issued on HMV label. And “Loving You” was 10” the original release and various reissued up until 1969 when the orange label kicked in and it became 12”

The 12" UK re-issue of the Loving You album wasn't issued until 1977.
It was deleted for a number of years before then.

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:09 am

The "Elvis for everyone" LP in the U.K. not only had "Summer kisses, winter tears" replaced by "Wild in the country" but they used a so far unreleased version featuring (overdubbed?) maraccas.

Topic author
AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:55 am

rockinrebel wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:The slightly smaller one just above the Wonderful World of Xmas is “The King...” this was our version of “Mahalo from Elvis”. Also for those who care we also had two 10” LPs, one in 1957 called “The best of Elvis”, the last to be issued on HMV label. And “Loving You” was 10” the original release and various reissued up until 1969 when the orange label kicked in and it became 12”

Thank you I stand corrected. I have a 10" from 1962, I'm guessing that's when it was deleted?

rockinrebel

Postby rockinrebel » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:53 am

AndresVanKujik wrote:
rockinrebel wrote:

Thank you I stand corrected. I have a 10" from 1962, I'm guessing that's when it was deleted?

The 10" album must have been deleted during the early '60's as it was replaced by the Flaming Star and Summer Kissses album - which included all the tracks from the Loving You 10" - in September 1965.

The latter title was in print until circa 1969 /70, with the later orange label pressings being the hardest to find.

RCA UK then started restoring deleted titles to the catalogue in 1972, but Loving You was overlooked, and remained out of print until 1977, when it was reissued alongside Girls! Girls! Girls!, Roustabout, Fun In Acapulco and Kissin' Cousins.

Topic author
AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:32 pm

rockinrebel wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
rockinrebel wrote:

The 10" album must have been deleted during the early '60's as it was replaced by the Flaming Star and Summer Kissses album - which included all the tracks from the Loving You 10" - in September 1965.

The latter title was in print until circa 1969 /70, with the later orange label pressings being the hardest to find.

RCA UK then started restoring deleted titles to the catalogue in 1972, but Loving You was overlooked, and remained out of print until 1977, when it was reissued alongside Girls! Girls! Girls!, Roustabout, Fun In Acapulco and Kissin' Cousins.

Yes the "small" orange labels are hard to find, where the label looks too small, these were used on the first orange reissues in 69. Very collectable.

Topic author
AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:50 pm

UK movie beginning with the UK title...
https://youtu.be/l_Yl66so2h0
https://youtu.be/l_Yl66so2h0

Return to “The Vinyl Countdown”