elvislady

Re: When My Blue Moon Turns To Gold Again

Postby elvislady » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:28 pm

John wrote:
elvislady wrote:
John wrote:
elvislady wrote:
John wrote:
elvislady wrote:I enjoyed this article. Thanks SM, I was talking to a friend about writing music, How certain things Inspire us to write. I enjoyed the song. The words are very clear. Elvis puts his own spin on his version.

elvislady, are you a writer?

No John, A few people who I work with do music, We were talking about things that Inspire us to use words put into music. It sounds easy but I guess It is not.

I suppose it depends on the type of writer you are. Some people use personal experiences, some can take an overheard statement, some can take a phrase from the newspaper or a book, some can look at an object and write a song.

I write. On some occasions I've asked someone just to give me a title and I've written a song about it. I've written many based on my life. I wrote one based on a phrase a girl had printed on her T-shirt. I've written many based around a sentence or a group of words.

I bet you, you could write a song if I put an idea into your head, or just gave you a phrase. It may or may not be great, but I bet you could do it, or come up with the framework for a song.

Your clever John.
Not really, but thanks.

Do you have them saved? Or on youtube?
Yes. I'll maybe send you a link to one or two. I've even got Javilu singing one of them.

If I had the time I would try and write a song.
Sometimes it doesn't take long. Sit down and write yourself some words.

Then you need the music to go with it.
Someone else can do that.

I do love to listen to ballads, whether it be a romantic, Funny or dramatic ballad. Something that tells a story. I like lots of different styles of music. Apart from headbanging stuff...I like Country music but have to be in the right frame of mind to listen to it.

Thanks, John.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Return to “First In Line T-Z”