Baby let's play house

Topic author
colonel snow

Baby let's play house

Postby colonel snow » Sat May 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Deleted due to doubts about the topic

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suspicious Minds

Re: Baby let's play house

Postby Suspicious Minds » Tue May 07, 2019 1:11 am

Here’s a clip:

https://youtu.be/hQKH0TO3nVU

Arthur Neal Gunter (May 23, 1926 – March 16, 1976) was an American blues guitarist and musician. As a child he sang in a gospel group, the Gunter Brothers Quartet. ‘Baby, Let’s Play House’ reached #5 in Billboard Country & Western charts.

Billboard, Sep 27, 1954

469BD2F8-120F-4EBA-A616-63C9B8466088.jpeg

Concert poster

0BF649AF-E6FF-4597-B541-EE79E6169482.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:12 pm

A song that Elvis just takes to another level.

I'd imagine it was Elvis' idea to come up with the hot potato in the mouth "baby baby baby b b b b baby....." at the beginning. And the change in lyric from "you may get religion baby" to "you may have a pink cadillac" considering he had a pink caddy at the time.

I do also love Gunter's version too.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:A song that Elvis just takes to another level.

I'd imagine it was Elvis' idea to come up with the hot potato in the mouth "baby baby baby b b b b baby....." at the beginning.
And the change in lyric from "you may get religion baby" to "you may have a pink cadillac" considering he had a pink caddy at the time.

Elvis sang the 'you may get religion' lyric in the rehearsal from 29th July, 1970, on the MGM Soundstage in LA.

This was on Disc No.8 of the 8-CD+2-DVD Set: Elvis - That's The Way It Is - Legacy Deluxe Edition in 2014.

He's also seen singing this version on the 'Lost Performances' video.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Colin B wrote:

I'd imagine it was Elvis' idea to come up with the hot potato in the mouth "baby baby baby b b b b baby....." at the beginning.
And the change in lyric from "you may get religion baby" to "you may have a pink cadillac" considering he had a pink caddy at the time.

Elvis sang the 'you may get religion' lyric in the rehearsal from 29th July, 1970, on the MGM Soundstage in LA.

This was on Disc No.8 of the 8-CD+2-DVD Set: Elvis - That's The Way It Is - Legacy Deluxe Edition in 2014.

Yes.

I always found it strange that Elvis rehearsed in 1970 at MGM "Baby Let's Play House", "Money Honey", "I Was The One" and "Don't" and didn't even bother to perform any of them in concert.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Colin B wrote:Elvis sang the 'you may get religion' lyric in the rehearsal from 29th July, 1970, on the MGM Soundstage in LA.

Mojo Filter wrote:Yes.

I always found it strange that Elvis rehearsed in 1970 at MGM "Baby Let's Play House", "Money Honey", "I Was The One" and "Don't" and didn't even bother to perform any of them in concert.

I suspect the That's The Way It Is director, Denis Sanders requested he do some of his older stuff for the cameras.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “First In Line A-F”