15. Viva Las Vegas

Posters, Lobby Cards, Trailers, Scripts and more

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: 15. Viva Las Vegas

Postby Pacer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:53 pm

Her voice (especially her singing voice) is torture to my ears.
But most men don't use their ears while judging her in viva Las Vegas.
She is out of sync in the choreography in the c'mon everybody sequence too.

And like in most cases where a duet between a man and a women is...she drowns Elvis complete out on those duets.
Today tomorrow and forever is horrific as a duet with her.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Pacer wrote:Her voice (especially her singing voice) is torture to my ears.
But most men don't use their ears while judging her in viva Las Vegas.
She is out of sync in the choreography in the c'mon everybody sequence too.

And like in most cases where a duet between a man and a women is...she drowns Elvis complete out on those duets.
Today tomorrow and forever is horrific as a duet with her.

Yes!

I would have thought Ann would have been on her toes, when learning to dance, so that she would then learn to be lighter on her feet.

I would also like to have seen some pointed toes in her performances! lol lol lol

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:54 pm

In the c'mon everybody scene she is sometimes embarrassing out of sync in terms of choreography.
Right at the end ( before the elvis ending sets in) where she is to suppose to stand still at the final break along with Elvis... she still moves her arms around like a monkey (while Elvis stands still as the break affords it)......she looks amateurish (It looks like an outtake because of her)..but she gets a pass because most people think she is sexy...but she looks amateurish in that routine while Elvis is on the marks and in synch with his movements to the song ( and he was never a trained dancer.but he had timing).

Ok,they had a real chemistry in the movie. And she looks sexy in some scenes.
But I found her as a whole in some scenes an embarrassment and her singing, well...i said my piece about that.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Pacer wrote:In the c'mon everybody scene she is sometimes embarrassing out of sync in terms of choreography.
Right at the end where she is to stand still in of the breaks along with Elvis she still moves her arms around like a monkey (while Elvis stands still as the break afford it)......she looks amateurish....but she gets a pass because most people think she is sexy...but she looks amateurish in that routine while Elvis is on the marks and in synch with his movements to the song ( and he was never a trained dancer.but he had timing).

Ok,they had a real chemistry in the movie.
But I found her as a whole in some scenes an embarrassment and her singing, well...i said my piece about that.

I have not ever been game to say what I think about Ann-Margret, as I would be fed to the wolves as a "jealous female" and I am not, I think there are a lot of women who are beautiful and very talented.

I agree with you, there is also one of Ann-Margret's first tapes, where she is singing, and dancing when very young and it is painful to watch.

Here is another short example with Ann-Margret and Tina Turner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVzpvV2hW2o

Ann does not feel the music in her bones, there is a complete disconnect.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:18 pm

I never questioned her very good looks on the Elvis movie.
And the chemistry between her and Elvis elevated the movie.
But in the dance scenes she is for me not good (the sex element now ignoring, even though I don't find her sexy in the c'mon everybody scene...she comes across like an amateur on speed).
And I detest her singing voice and the recorded duets (besides " you're the boss"which exploits the sexual spark between her and Elvis) are painful for me to hear. Her voice does gets under my nerves ( exception:you're the boss) and she is drowning Elvis out in the duets and robs a beautiful song like today tomorrow and forever completely off his subtle approach (okay, in the Elvis solo version at the end the jordanaires sound terrible , really terrible too.....horrible idea with that screaming background at the end of such a beautiful song - based on the classical German tune "barcarole of Hoffman " century's ago) .

Ps:on that clip with Tina Turner ( although hard to compete with Turner, the movements of Margret look very awkward....funny....on feec the doc would say now : " you have no idea what you talking about", although it's only my opinion as a viewer, and therefore valid...so fuck him...) at least her voice sounds way better than in viva Las Vegas.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:40 pm

Pacer wrote:I never questioned her very good looks on the Elvis movie.
But in the dance scenes she is for me not good (the sex element now ignoring, even though I don't find her sexy in the c'mon everybody scene...she comes across like an amateur on speed).
And I detest her singing voice and the recorded duets (besides " you're the boss"which exploits the sexual spark between her and Elvis) are painful for me to hear. Her voice does gets under my nerves ( exception:you're the boss) and she is drowning Elvis out in the duets and robs a beautiful song like today tomorrow and forever completely off his subtle approach (okay, in the Elvis solo version at the end the jordanaires sound terrible , really terrible too.....horrible idea with that screaming background at the end of such a beautiful song - based on the classical German tune "barcarole of Hoffman " century's ago) .

Ps:on that clip with Tina Turner ( although hard to compete with Turner, the movements of Margret look very awkward....funny....on feec the doc would say now" you have no idea what you talking about", although it's only my opinion as viewer....so fuck him...) at least her voice sounds way better than in viva Las Vegas.

Yes, I agree, Pacer, the chemistry did elevate the movie, I think that Elvis' and Ann''s chemistry, for me, made the movie.

Lol "Amateur on speed" lol - love the pictures you form with your expressions, lol.

The doc would not know about dancing, with his type of outlook and replies, lol.

I did not think you did question Ann's looks, sorry, I have to re-read what I write before sending, sorry, again, I was just covering myself, with how I worded what I said, before I get a hard time from everyone else (in a fun way) for saying I do not like Ann-Margret as a performer, lol (Gosh, I really need to be careful with what I write, I know it is me, I have to fix it).

I agree, also to me, Ann's voice does not seem to have a gentle tone, so therefore she does not blend with Elvis' gentle tone in any way (which is odd, really, as one would think Ann's tone would be gentle as they interact, as she and Elvis were involved, it is natural, including in a professional situation as singing, plus, the feel of the song from her part, should also be intimate).

"Today, Tomorrow, Forever" is based on this? Do I have the right one? Very beautiful, very:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7czptgEvvU

LOL LOL - Re Tina Turner and the doc and your outlook on it all. That is what I think of him ;)

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:11 am

Mountain Mist wrote:

Ps:on that clip with Tina Turner ( although hard to compete with Turner, the movements of Margret look very awkward....funny....on feec the doc would say now" you have no idea what you talking about", although it's only my opinion as viewer....so fuck him...) at least her voice sounds way better than in viva Las Vegas.

Yes, I agree, Pacer, the chemistry did elevate the movie, I think that Elvis' and Ann''s chemistry, for me, made the movie.

Lol "Amateur on speed" lol - love the pictures you form with your expressions, lol.

The doc would not know about dancing, with his type of outlook and replies, lol.

I did not think you did question Ann's looks, sorry, I have to re-read what I write before sending, sorry, again, I was just covering myself, with how I worded what I said, before I get a hard time from everyone else (in a fun way) for saying I do not like Ann-Margret as a performer, lol (Gosh, I really need to be careful with what I write, I know it is me, I have to fix it).

I agree, also to me, Ann's voice does not seem to have a gentle tone, so therefore she does not blend with Elvis' gentle tone in any way (which is odd, really, as one would think Ann's tone would be gentle as they interact, as she and Elvis were involved, it is natural, including in a professional situation as singing, plus, the feel of the song from her part, should also be intimate).

"Today, Tomorrow, Forever" is based on this? Do I have the right one? Very beautiful, very:

LOL LOL - Re Tina Turner and the doc and your outlook on it all. That is what I think of him ;)

I mixed it up...the song "tonight's is so right for love" is based on the barcarole of "Hoffmanns Erzählungen " from the famous composer Jaques Offenbach.
As anybody can hear if he clicks on your video and compares it to the Elvis song.
(isn't the classic tune beautiful,in this case the melody sounds even more beautiful in the classic version compared to the Elvis version, as an example the you tube version you posted)
Today tomorrow and forever is also based on an old German classic century's old tune,,,which escapes me now....but I will look for it.and will deliver it soon.
Last edited by Pacer on Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:53 am

Pacer wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:

I mixed it up...the song "tonight's is so right for love" is based on the barcarole of "Hoffmanns Erzählungen ".
As anybody can hear if he clicks on your video and compares it to the Elvis song.
(isn't the classic tune beautiful,in this case the melody sounds even more beautiful in the classic version compared to the Elvis version, as an example the you tube version you posted)
Today tomorrow and forever is also based on an old German classic century's old tune,,,which escapes me now....but I will look for it.and will deliver it soon.

The music is ever so beautiful, and is what my grandparents enjoyed (until now I did not know the name, thank you). The music just sweeps my heart away, it is so beautiful, plus, it gives me lovely memories of that time.

Thank you, I look forward to it, ever so much.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 am

Ok, i checked my old vinyl of "Elvis in Germany".

Bad drawing, it seems it is the same bridge where Elvis stands on the "Greetings from Germany" CD. I myself made once a pic of me on that particular place - also on the place where Elvis was photographed for the "A Big Hunk `o Love" _Single.

Today Tommorrow and Forever was based on the old german classical piece Franz Liszt - Love Dream (Liebestraum), S. 541 No. 3" from the famous composer Franz Liszt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Pacer wrote:Ok, i checked my old vinyl of "Elvis in Germany".

Bad drawing, it seems it is the same bridge where Elvis stands on the "Greetings from Germany" CD. I myself made once a pic of me on that particular place - also on the place where Elvis was photographed for the "A Big Hunk `o Love" _Single.

Today Tommorrow and Forever was based on the old german classical piece Franz Liszt - Love Dream (Liebestraum), S. 541 No. 3" from the famous composer Franz Liszt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y

No wonder I always loved "Today, Tomorrow and Forever". Thank you, Pacer, that is very kind of you and I appreciate the information, ever so much.

I would love to see the photos of you in those photos - what fun!

Lawrence

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:03 am

In the upcoming auction Graceland are holding there are 9 photos from the filming of C’mon Everybody that I’ve not seen before.

Collection of Nine Photos Taken During Filming of Iconic Viva Las Vegas Dance Scene with Elvis Presley and Ann-Margret

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

More information can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11078&hilit=making+of+Viva+Las+Vegas

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:38 am

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:46 am

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Movie Memorabilia”