"Million Dollar Quartet" - 1956

All the Elvis you can take

Colin B

Re: "Million Dollar Quartet" - 1956

Postby Colin B » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:56 pm

It's been mentioned before, but we're still waiting for an uncropped version of this photo:

4th December 1956 - Million Dollar Quartet [1].jpg
4th December 1956 - Million Dollar Quartet [3].jpg

The ones which show Marilyn Evans have Carl Perkins cropped off & vice-versa !

Another odd thing is that although there are pristine photos from the event, all the ones showing Marilyn are a tad blurry !

What gives ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:56 pm

Colin B wrote:It's been mentioned before, but we're still waiting for an uncropped version of this photo:

4th December 1956 - Million Dollar Quartet [1].jpg4th December 1956 - Million Dollar Quartet [3].jpg

The ones which show Marilyn Evans have Carl Perkins cropped off & vice-versa !

Another odd thing is that although there are pristine photos from the event, all the ones showing Marilyn are a tad blurry !

What gives ?

I wonder where the original George Pierce negatives are. It would be great to have all the photos he took that day at 706 Union in uncropped format.

Jesswade

Postby Jesswade » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:54 pm

Colin B wrote:
gerry wrote:I admire how they have done this project. Like I always said every possible advantage, Beatles Anthology A+ LOVE A+ GET BACK A+ the Beatles projects Aretha best they can possibly be.

In the near future there will be a major motion picture Bio and it will also be done properly.

As Elvis fans the ball was dropped because of EPE's greed and over controlling paranoia. Get Back is how TTWII should have been done.

The new Elvis bio I hope it doesnt turn out that one of the reasons Elvis vocals were not used in the film was because of more of this crap.

An example of the Estate's paranoia.

This is Priscilla's dopey brother-in-law Gary Hovey, who was involved in the licensing of Elvis stuff, talking:

Gary Hovey - If I Can Dream footage [Reduced].jpg

He seems to take pleasure in denying an award to Elvis !

So nothing has changed since the colonels days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:45 am

66 years ago today !

I posted this photo not long ago, but here it is again - from the collection of Marion Keisker, signed by all four singers, and less cropped on top than usual :

561204 Marion.jpg

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:26 pm

Mister Moon wrote:66 years ago today !

I posted this photo not long ago, but here it is again - from the collection of Marion Keisker, signed by all four singers, and less cropped on top than usual :

561204 Marion.jpg

Nice. I imagine for people who are into these kinds of things, this would be worth a bob or two.

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:22 pm

67 years ago today !

We had this wonderful image a couple of years ago, courtesy of Private Presley, but here it is again.

Elvis and Memphis Press-Scimitar photographer George Pierce at 706 Union, on December 4, 1956. Pierce was the man who snapped all the other images we know from that unique day.

I wonder if this photo has surfaced in, better, non-distorted, quality :

561204 Pierce Elvis (2).jpeg

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:22 pm

Mister Moon wrote:67 years ago today !

We had this wonderful image a couple of years ago, courtesy of Private Presley, but here it is again.

Elvis and Memphis Press-Scimitar photographer George Pierce at 706 Union, on December 4, 1956. Pierce was the man who snapped all the other images we know from that unique day.

You can bend it a little with image editing programs, but you will lose parts of the image... Here is a version, created in GIMP using 3D transform (by rule of thumb ;) ):

1956-12-04 Sun Studio Memphis TN with photographer George Pierce (GIMP).jpg

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:48 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:

You can bend it a little with image editing programs, but you will lose parts of the image... Here is a version, created in GIMP using 3D transform (by rule of thumb ;) ):

That looks better. Thanks, HC.

I'm sure they took a photo of a photo with a mobile phone. I bet that white mark between both heads is not in the original image. Better than nothing but, is it that hard to do a half-decent scan ?

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:09 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
HillbillyCat wrote:

I'm sure they took a photo of a photo with a mobile phone. I bet that white mark between both heads is not in the original image. Better than nothing but, is it that hard to do a half-decent scan ?

IMG_0684.jpeg
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:15 pm

Nolan Truth wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
HillbillyCat wrote:

IMG_0684.jpeg

Thanks, Nolan !

Return to “Everything Elvis”