Angie Dickinson digs Elvis - 1964

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Mister Moon

Angie Dickinson digs Elvis - 1964

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:33 pm

640127.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colonel snow

Re: Angie Dickinson digs Elvis - 1964

Postby colonel snow » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:45 pm

Her husband from 1965 onwards Burt Bacharach is not on this list.(?)

colonel snow

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:10 pm

colonel snow wrote:Her husband from 1965 onwards Burt Bacharach is not on this list.(?)

colonel snow

I wonder why she didn't add him to the list? They had a daughter together who commited suicide age 40, He has been married 3 times I think. I loved Angie in Police Women.I always thought she was a good actress...she is into her late 80s now.

Thanks for list Mister Moon. Interesting, I always read the ladies couldn't resist Warren Beaty.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

KEV

Postby KEV » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Wonder if they met - as in our man.

Mind the time i thought she was going to die laughing on the BBC back in the 80s!.

Had to be the BIG YIN mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcDzJmW6Qg
Keep the FAITH MIKE :!: :!:

KEV

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am

I love Angie Dickinson.

I hope you don't mind me adding this interview here, Mister Moon, to keep discussions on Angie together.

Angie, is now 87, she speaks about her childhood hero, John Wayne; her chemistry with actors; her marriage to Burt Bacharach; Angie's sex symbol status, her supposed relationship with President John F. Kennedy; her relationship with Frank Sinatra in 1964 after "Oceans Eleven" and why she did not marry him; they discuss "Policewoman", along with that (horrible) Me Too movement.

No way does Angie look 87, while sitting down, while being interviewed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/angie-dickinson-on-frank-sinatra-police-woman-and-metoo/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6i&linkId=73702368&fbclid=IwAR3iNqbFvJKUQQNw8sfv72FENNXovnLDrOY7aRtIAtF4eNB9BbKBS9iqjII

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:I love Angie Dickinson.

I hope you don't mind me adding this interview here, Mister Moon, to keep discussions on Angie together.

Angie, is now 87, she speaks about her childhood hero, John Wayne; her chemistry with actors; her marriage to Burt Bacharach; Angie's sex symbol status, her supposed relationship with President John F. Kennedy; her relationship with Frank Sinatra in 1964 after "Oceans Eleven" and why she did not marry him; they discuss "Policewoman", along with that (horrible) Me Too movement.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/angie-dickinson-on-frank-sinatra-police-woman-and-metoo/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6i&linkId=73702368&fbclid=IwAR3iNqbFvJKUQQNw8sfv72FENNXovnLDrOY7aRtIAtF4eNB9BbKBS9iqjII

That 1964 Don Siegel film, "The Killers", is tremendous, starring Lee Marvin and John Cassavetes, among others. It was a remake of a 1946 Robert Siodmak film starring Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner. (I have seen both films and have them somewhere. Wikipedia did the rest).

There's an unforgettable scene at the beginning where Marvin and his buddy are trying to get some information from Angie. As she is not willing to speak, they grab her from the legs, one leg each, and put her upside down out of the window (they are in a fourth or fifth floor). Just incredible, brutal stuff. I'm sure she remembers that scene !

I wonder if Angie's reference to the film is about Reagan or Cassavetes. I guess the former.

Thanks !

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:03 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:I love Angie Dickinson.

That 1964 Don Siegel film, "The Killers", is tremendous, starring Lee Marvin and John Cassavetes, among others. It was a remake of a 1946 Robert Siodmak film starring Burt Lancaster and Ava Gardner. (I have seen both films and have them somewhere. Wikipedia did the rest).

There's an unforgettable scene at the beginning where Marvin and his buddy are trying to get some information from Angie. As she is not willing to speak, they grab her from the legs, one leg each, and put her upside down out of the window (they are in a fourth or fifth floor). Just incredible, brutal stuff. I'm sure she remembers that scene !

I wonder if Angie's reference to the film is about Reagan or Cassavetes. I guess the former.

Thanks !

Thanks, Mister Moon, I shall search out the movie.

Angie is just fabulous, love her: tough and believable, feminine, full of fun, down to earth and a fabulous, warm, actress, one of my top three.

I think Cassavetes, too, as, Reagan, I cannot see it.

Return to “Everything Elvis”