To all members

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
John

Re: To all members

Postby John » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:34 am

glennbondharper wrote:Yes a real shame about Cool Groves all that information lost,is there no way to recover it?

There's 16 pages of it. It would be very time consuming as I don't think we can import it as a whole section in one go. I will look into it though.

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:55 pm

What do you want from it?

You can't get every post as such in that some members on there aren't members on here - but they can be quoted.

I'm not a member of that site, so I can't directly help. But for those that are members you need to get together, chop the workload up into manageable chunks, go to the respective thread and hit the quote button, copy the contents and paste it into a new thread of the same name here.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Graeme wrote:What do you want from it?

You can't get every post as such in that some members on there aren't members on here - but they can be quoted.

I'm not a member of that site, so I can't directly help.

You can if someone gives you their log in info.

But for those that are members you need to get together, chop the workload up into manageable chunks, go to the respective thread and hit the quote button, copy the contents and paste it into a new thread of the same name here.

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Well I'm game if it will help, though I've got a stack of stuff I'm still trying to plough through on the photo library.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Graeme wrote:Well I'm game if it will help, though I've got a stack of stuff I'm still trying to plough through on the photo library.

You just get on with your photo library......

You haven't even got time for a cup of tea, so, nose back to the grindstone, and Colin is checking on your progress.

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:39 am

Its him is it? I see through the darkness someones eyes as the spyhole slides back and I can feel someone looking at me.
Then an Argentinian bloke slides a plate through the hatch at the bottom of the door at meal times. I do ask him for a cup of tea now and again but he laughs saying something about silly British traditions. He laughed louder when I kept complaining about black hairs in the food and that maybe it was from his beard but he said it couldn't be from his beard as they were too curly. All in all though, I'll definitely stay at a Travelodge again.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks, Graeme !

I like to start the day with a good laugh, & today you've made that possible !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:02 pm

How about a thread..."Wich ELVIS VINYL ALBUM do you listening today?" Vinyl (beside the 78rpms) was the first on ELVIS' Records. I'm an Elvis since 1975 (13 years young..looong time ago), but my first "40 Greatest Hits" was his fantastic VOICE & MUSIC on Vinyl, i was blowin' away, yes sir!!! Do you still listen to the old 45/33 rpms? They sound GREAT...and i love CD's, but the old VINYL was something Special, not talkin' about the "new" Vinyl releases, what's your opinion? Matt

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Matt Helm wrote:How about a thread..."Wich ELVIS VINYL ALBUM do you listening today?" Vinyl (beside the 78rpms) was the first on ELVIS' Records. I'm an Elvis since 1975 (13 years young..looong time ago), but my first "40 Greatest Hits" was his fantastic VOICE & MUSIC on Vinyl, i was blowin' away, yes sir!!! Do you still listen to the old 45/33 rpms? They sound GREAT...and i love CD's, but the old VINYL was something Special, not talkin' about the "new" Vinyl releases, what's your opinion? Matt

I gave up listening to vinyl back in the early days of the last quarter of the last century. Not for me the constant crackle and pop, the having to get up after 15 minutes to turn it over, the inability to skip a track, the inability to set it on random or repeat. I don't even listen to CDs anymore. It's all on iPod.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:16 pm

John, what's an IPod, buddy?...I constantly listen to ELVIS 45rpm vinyl, because there are only 2 songs on it and it lasts not that long. Kidding aside, i don't understand your post....the real and the most perfect thing is do hear ELVIS PRESLEY on Vinyl. It was the first i listening to and it was a damn cool fine expierence for me in 1975. In 1984 i was one of the first supporter for the CD Techn. in our "Elvis Group" I WAS the only one WHO WAS AMAZED ....and i still have the 1st ELVIS Compact Disc Pressings most of them all. Every major Country has another "way to digitally" his work (have the later one too, all of them since today). ELVIS IS BACK CD as an example...in the 80's early 90's the US, German(EU), Japan releases sounds different...woww what a way to go and i love it. NOW 2017 we have all our beloved Music in superb Quality incl outtakes etc...yes it is perfect without crackles and pops but the soul and the real feeling is missing. THE PUNCH, FEELING AND WARMTHNESS FROM A GOOD ORIGINAL ELVIS PRESLEY VINYL RECORD CAN NOT COMPARE with an IPod not even with a very good sounding Compact Disc imo, Matt

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Matt Helm wrote:... THE PUNCH, FEELING AND WARMTHNESS FROM A GOOD ORIGINAL ELVIS PRESLEY VINYL RECORD CAN NOT COMPARE with an IPod not even with a very good sounding Compact Disc imo, Matt

That 'warmth' that you hear with vinyl is distortion !

To hear audio closer to 'in the studio' sound, you need a CD !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:26 pm

Matt Helm wrote:John, what's an IPod, buddy?...I constantly listen to ELVIS 45rpm vinyl, because there are only 2 songs on it and it lasts not that long. Kidding aside, i don't understand your post....the real and the most perfect thing is do hear ELVIS PRESLEY on Vinyl. It was the first i listening to and it was a damn cool fine expierence for me in 1975. In 1984 i was one of the first supporter for the CD Techn. in our "Elvis Group" I WAS the only one WHO WAS AMAZED ....and i still have the 1st ELVIS Compact Disc Pressings most of them all. Every major Country has another "way to digitally" his work (have the later one too, all of them since today). ELVIS IS BACK CD as an example...in the 80's early 90's the US, German(EU), Japan releases sounds different...woww what a way to go and i love it. NOW 2017 we have all our beloved Music in superb Quality incl outtakes etc...yes it is perfect without crackles and pops but the soul and the real feeling is missing. THE PUNCH, FEELING AND WARMTHNESS FROM A GOOD ORIGINAL ELVIS PRESLEY VINYL RECORD CAN NOT COMPARE with an IPod not even with a very good sounding Compact Disc imo, Matt

To each his own Matt. I was never a fan of the vinyl itself. Yes, I liked buying an LP, and reading the sleeve notes, and the smell of vinyl was nice. but I was always awaiting the invention of the CD and of course the iPod. Here am I way back when in the last century just wishing I had some CDs.

Neg 659.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:55 pm

THANK YOU Buddy!!! You look like a real UK Teddy Boy, must be around 1964/65 (Roustabout) what a cool fine and nice pic! Your hairstyle makes ELVIS at his "Welcome Home Elvis Show" looks like his soldier-hair-cut lol. OK i gave it up, i was born 1962...think you are some moons older than me but your interest in digitally music is unbelievable in a positve way John. THANK YOU for this very nice intersting post. Are you really older than me?!, Matt
Last edited by Matt Helm on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Matt Helm wrote:THANK YOU Buddy!!! You look like a real UK Teddy Boy, must be around 1964/65 (Roustabout) what a cool fine and nice pic! Your hairstyle makes ELVIS at his "Welcome Home Elvis Show" looks like his soldier-hair-cut lol. OK i gave it up, i was born 1962...think you are some moons older than me but your interest in digitally music is unbelievable in a positve way John. THANK YOU for this very nice intersting post. WOww, Matt

I was too young to be a teddy boy. Colin was your man for that.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:06 pm

mah boy mah boy....lol. But your Picture is a GAS John! Looks so retro-cool, compliment buddy, Matt

Return to “Everything Elvis”