Wertheimer book offer from Taschen

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Mister Moon

Wertheimer book offer from Taschen

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:21 pm

As it is customary every year, Taschen Books is offering a big mail-order sale during just a few days - in this case, it starts today, and it ends this Sunday, September 1st.

That's a good opportunity to get hold of the very cool Wertheimer book they released not long ago. The usual price is 50 € and it's being sold at 25 € (plus postage - the books are sent from Germany, and inside mainland Europe postage is 8.50 €).

Take a look at the rest of the offers too, as there's probably something else that will interest you.

You can buy with confidence. The books are forwarded sealed, inside a strong cardboard box that's much bigger than the book, and it's filled with stuff, to avoid bumping, etc.

I haven't purchased an Elvis photo book for ages, but I have wanted this one since it came out, and I have just ordered my copy. It will make for a nice companion of the original "Elvis 56" I purchased in 19... 27 I think it was.

So here's the link :

https://www.taschen.com/en/books/music/43458/alfred-wertheimer-elvis-and-the-birth-of-rock-and-roll

Alfred Wertheimer. Elvis and the Birth of Rock and Roll

Edition: Multilingual (English, French, German)

Find yourself up close and personal with the King. This collection brings together over 300 photographs of Elvis from the legendary portfolio of Alfred Wertheimer. Extraordinary in their intimacy and unparalleled in scope, these pictures immortalize a young man in the very process of making history.

Hardcover, 22.4 x 31.6 cm, 2.26 kg, 336 pages

Taschen Wertheimer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

N880EAP

Re: Wertheimer book offer from Taschen

Postby N880EAP » Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:15 pm

Mister Moon wrote:As it is customary every year, Taschen Books is offering a big mail-order sale during just a few days - in this case, it starts today, and it ends this Sunday, September 1st.

That's a good opportunity to get hold of the very cool Wertheimer book they released not long ago. The usual price is 50 € and it's being sold at 25 € (plus postage - the books are sent from Germany, and inside mainland Europe postage is 8.50 €).

Take a look at the rest of the offers too, as there's probably something else that will interest you.

You can buy with confidence. The books are forwarded sealed, inside a strong cardboard box that's much bigger than the book, and it's filled with stuff, to avoid bumping, etc.

I haven't purchased an Elvis photo book for ages, but I have wanted this one since it came out, and I have just ordered my copy. It will make for a nice companion of the original "Elvis 56" I purchased in 19... 27 I think it was.

So here's the link :

https://www.taschen.com/en/books/music/43458/alfred-wertheimer-elvis-and-the-birth-of-rock-and-roll

Find yourself up close and personal with the King. This collection brings together over 300 photographs of Elvis from the legendary portfolio of Alfred Wertheimer. Extraordinary in their intimacy and unparalleled in scope, these pictures immortalize a young man in the very process of making history.

Taschen Wertheimer.jpg

Wouldn't it have been glorious if Alfred Wertheimer could have made a couple of more follow up (similar) books for each of EP's following (final) two decades (of his career) ?? (Would it have even been possible?)

-----------------

Agreed, essential EP book.
"When your heart gets weary, time to sing a song!" Follow That Dream.

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:14 pm

N880EAP wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:As it is customary every year, Taschen Books is offering a big mail-order sale during just a few days - in this case, it starts today, and it ends this Sunday, September 1st.

So here's the link :

Taschen Wertheimer.jpg

Wouldn't it have been glorious if Alfred Wertheimer could have made a couple of more follow up (similar) books for each of EP's following (final) two decades (of his career) ?? (Would it have even been possible?)

-----------------

Since he followed Elvis around for such a lengthy time in mid-1956 during his explosion into fame, I always thought it would have
been glorious had he taken a bunch of 16mm movie film. What a cool documentary that would have been.

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:17 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
N880EAP wrote:

So here's the link :

Taschen Wertheimer.jpg

-----------------

Since he followed Elvis around for such a lengthy time in mid-1956 during his explosion into fame, I always thought it would have
been glorious had he taken a bunch of 16mm movie film. What a cool documentary that would have been.

It would have been hard enough carrying around his 35mm cameras and accessories back in ‘56, let alone a 16mm camera as well.
Don’t forget he was a hired hand for black and white stills only, so we are lucky we got the few color shots from him that we did.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Sep 08, 2024 5:24 pm

So, the book is here, folks. Beautiful stuff !

Anybody else ordered it ?

W1.jpg

W2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:34 pm

Mister Moon wrote:So, the book is here, folks. Beautiful stuff !

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

is this book a reissue of Elvis At 21 by Alfred Wertheimer?. Thanks!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Sep 08, 2024 8:54 pm

Tulsa Mclean wrote:

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

No, it's a different book. "Elvis at 21" is devoted entirely to 1956, and the Taschen book also includes a final section with 1958 photos. Also, the latter is about 100 pages longer. But you can't go wrong with any Wertheimer book, really. Both are wonderful publications !

Christopher

Postby Christopher » Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:07 am

Mister Moon wrote:Anybody else ordered it ?

I did, thanks to you!
Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about my order yet. Just contacted their customer service this morning.

For me, there are three types of books that you can buy without looking, because you simply can´t go wrong with ´em.
First, there is Ger Rijff,
then Alfred Wertheimer
and third the FTD Books (especially by David English).

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:42 am

Mister Moon wrote:
Tulsa Mclean wrote:

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

No, it's a different book. "Elvis at 21" is devoted entirely to 1956, and the Taschen book also includes a final section with 1958 photos. Also, the latter is about 100 pages longer. But you can't go wrong with any Wertheimer book, really. Both are wonderful publications !

Thank you!.
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:21 pm

Christopher wrote:

I did, thanks to you!
Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything about my order yet. Just contacted their customer service this morning.

For me, there are three types of books that you can buy without looking, because you simply can´t go wrong with ´em.
then Alfred Wertheimer

Glad you ordered it. Let us know your thoughts when it arrives !

I'm just beginning to dip into the book, and it's fantastic. Most of the photos are shown in large size, full-page format many of them, and in pristine quality, and quality paper. There are also brief writings, but I haven't read them yet.

It's nice to see ultra-familiar images mixed with many that I don't recall seeing before. Also, the captions seem to be based on Wertheimer's recollections of the moment, so they are often insightful and a superb complement to the photos.

Even the smell of the book is nice, ha ha.

Christopher

Postby Christopher » Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:17 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Christopher wrote:
I did, thanks to you!

then Alfred Wertheimer

I'm just beginning to dip into the book, and it's fantastic. Most of the photos are shown in large size, full-page format many of them, and in pristine quality, and quality paper. There are also brief writings, but I haven't read them yet.

It's nice to see ultra-familiar images mixed with many that I don't recall seeing before. Also, the captions seem to be based on Wertheimer's recollections of the moment, so they are often insightful and a superb complement to the photos.

Got it two days later now!
My first Wertheimer Hardback.
Cannot even browse through it at the moment (life circumstances), so the package has to stay untouched for the time being.
But you can´t go wrong with (the german) Taschen publishing house.
Own two of their Muhammad Ali books, one an extended view over his life and career in general, the other one exlusively about the "Rumble in the Jungle" fight - very recommended!
Thank you for making me aware of their special Sale offer!

Topic author
Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Wed Sep 11, 2024 4:40 pm

Christopher wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Christopher wrote:
I did, thanks to you!

then Alfred Wertheimer

Got it two days later now!
My first Wertheimer Hardback.
Cannot even browse through it at the moment (life circumstances), so the package has to stay untouched for the time being.
But you can´t go wrong with (the german) Taschen publishing house.
Own two of their Muhammad Ali books, one an extended view over his life and career in general, the other one exlusively about the "Rumble in the Jungle" fight - very recommended!
Thank you for making me aware of their special Sale offer!

That's great news. Glad it arrived safely !

Nigel77

Postby Nigel77 » Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:26 am

The offer is a good one! The edition appears to be the premier one which was selling for 50-70Euro on original release.

Return to “Everything Elvis”