alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:
John wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:
John Coctostan wrote:
alberta sheffield wrote:EIC seems to be the auto reply for a lot of fans.
Sadly.

Just keep EIC under wraps forever, FTD.
Please.

Have you heard the Hampton Roads 1976 FTD?

Let me be more specific: almost all concerts from 1976 or 1977 should be kept under wraps in my opinion.
It always baffles me that the fans of Elvis want often mostly him at his worst years.
Do Sinatra fans also rave and craving for his last concerts while he was not in his best shape.
Probably.
Or fans of Amy Winehouse getting excited about her last concerts while she was barely able to stand up on the stage and was incoherent?
Or even celebrating those last concerts of her?
Probably.
Don't think so.

As I've always said, opinions are meaningless.

Maybe. (But maybe not in a niche forum).
But if opinions are meaningless, why keep forums like this running or talk about opinions at all.
Mostly forums like this contain opinions and not at all facts all the time.

They may contain opinions, but to me they are still largely meaningless.

I think this is one of the best forums, but equally, many may not. See what I mean? It doesn't mean a thing except to the opinion holder.

Still. Exchanging opinions do mean a thing.
They do keep a conversation. (Otherwise a forum would be meaningless). And they do mean something to the conversation partner. Otherwise there would be no point exchanging opinions.
So they are not meaningless.
See what I mean?

No.

It's on purpose than, i assume.
Cause I made it quite clear.

Just accept the fact that I don't agree with you. You don't need to push it any further.

alberta sheffield

Re: FTD's 25th Anniversary in 2024

Postby alberta sheffield » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:41 pm

It wasn't a matter of agreeing.
It was a matter of "see what I mean" and you answered "no" like you didn't understood my line of thinking.
And thanks for advising me to stop talking even though there is no heated argument here.
But I guess me participating here is not welcome anymore. For reasons whatsoever.

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:02 pm

alberta sheffield wrote:It wasn't a matter of agreeing.
It was a matter of "see what I mean" and you answered "no" like you didn't understood my line of thinking.
And thanks for advising me to stop talking even though there is no heated argument here.
But I guess me participating here is not welcome anymore. For reasons whatsoever.

Of course you are welcome here.

You might stop imagining a tone to my typed out words.

It's very simple, I don't agree with you, that's all. There's no need to turn it into anything else.

Now go and enjoy your Christmas.

Topic author
bluehawaii

Postby bluehawaii » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:16 am

Happy New Year! Even though Elvis' long-standing billboard record for a solo artist was just tied (which was going to happen eventually), 2024 is going to be a good year for our man.

July will mark the 25th anniversary of Follow That Dream Records' first release "Burbank '68" and I'm looking forward to what the label has in store.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:46 am

July 2024 will also mark the 70th anniversary of Elvis' debut as a recording artist.

Topic author
bluehawaii

Postby bluehawaii » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:14 pm

Mister Moon wrote:July 2024 will also mark the 70th anniversary of Elvis' debut as a recording artist.

YES indeed. And in March we'll celebrate the 50th anniversary of Elvis' hometown shows in Memphis, TN. Could a remix by Matt Ross-Spang + the remaining soundboards perhaps be the first release of the year?

Glyn

Postby Glyn » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:43 pm

Does it look like we will ever get a FTD issue of 1977 Elvis in Concert to complete the classic album issues.
I believe it’s the last album we are waiting for - a joint CD and TV special DVD or Blu-ray would be good.

John

Postby John » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:00 pm

Glyn wrote:Does it look like we will ever get a FTD issue of 1977 Elvis in Concert to complete the classic album issues.
I believe it’s the last album we are waiting for - a joint CD and TV special DVD or Blu-ray would be good.

Was it Lisa that was blocking it? Now that she's not around, is there a better chance? Mind you, it doesn't bother me. I have the original double CD issue and the single CD issue and I'm not desperate to see the show again. It's too depressing.

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:28 pm

From what I have heard, Sony Legacy this year is going to acknowledge both the 50th anniversary of the "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" show and album as well as the 70th anniversary of the recording of "That's All Right" with a box set that is going to cover all of the professional recordings that Elvis Presley made in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee. This would include the Sun studio masters, the American Sound Studio masters remixed, the Stax Studio masters from both July and December remixed, the complete "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" show remixed, and the February and October 1976 Jungle Room Sessions masters remixed. It may have other recordings on it as well, such as the two Memphis Recording Service acetates and some selections from the Million Dollar Quartet and maybe even the press interviews with Elvis Presley from March 7, 1960 and February 25, 1961, both of which were done in Memphis. The remixes are to be done by Matt Ross-Spang. I don't know if any outtakes are going to be included or if they have located any new recordings that would fit in with the theme of the set being recordings that Elvis Presley made in his hometown of Memphis, Tennessee.

Daryl R

Glyn

Postby Glyn » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:32 am

I must admit l do a bit conned when new variations of collections come out. I already have the recordings so I’m happy and don’t feel the urge to line pockets by buying everything because it’s got a different label, coloured vinyl or a nice new box set presentation.
I do get annoyed having bought the original FTD issue they later release the “sessions” collection - why not do that in the first place.
I got the prince from another planet MSG and then out comes the FTD version, same with Aloha, same with the Legacy issues, it all seems a bit contrived to fleece the fans a bit more.
As for the 77 special, l agree it’s a bit depressing to watch but it’s still part of the story and would be good to have in the FTD format for collection completeness sake.

John

Postby John » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:19 pm

Glyn wrote:I must admit l do a bit conned when new variations of collections come out. I already have the recordings so I’m happy and don’t feel the urge to line pockets by buying everything because it’s got a different label, coloured vinyl or a nice new box set presentation.
I do get annoyed having bought the original FTD issue they later release the “sessions” collection - why not do that in the first place.
I got the prince from another planet MSG and then out comes the FTD version, same with Aloha, same with the Legacy issues, it all seems a bit contrived to fleece the fans a bit more.
As for the 77 special, l agree it’s a bit depressing to watch but it’s still part of the story and would be good to have in the FTD format for collection completeness sake.

Of course, to each their own, but I'm not bothered about completeness. I'd sooner have food and clothes and a roof over my head. I've spent a fortune on Elvis over the last 60 years. I will still buy some stuff, but not everything.

ED209

Postby ED209 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:33 pm

What a slow new year for FTD releases,in just one week we are in april and still nothing this year.( I know some are on their way)
Was it november that we got the last release?
Not that it matter as I dont buy them anymore but that will change if we get session releases from the 70s……maybe someday.

John

Postby John » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:42 pm

ED209 wrote:What a slow new year for FTD releases,in just one week we are in april and still nothing this year.( I know some are on their way)
Was it november that we got the last release?
Not that it matter as I dont buy them anymore but that will change if we get session releases from the 70s……maybe someday.

Blue Hawaii CD only version is about to come out...whoopee-doo.

Return to “Everything Elvis”