Elvis Now in person 1972 FTD november 2023

All the Elvis you can take

ED209

Re: Elvis Now in person 1972 FTD november 2023

Postby ED209 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:31 pm

Colin B wrote:With the 4 CDs, I've got another CD2 packed separately but with no explanation.

Is there an error on the CD2 ?

Yes,apparently it stops playing after track 6….so a new cd had to be pressed.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:11 pm

ED209 wrote:
Colin B wrote:With the 4 CDs, I've got another CD2 packed separately but with no explanation.

Is there an error on the CD2 ?

Yes,apparently it stops playing after track 6….so a new cd had to be pressed.

Right :

The box came with a defective CD 2. No music can be heard after See See Rider (Track 6, 01:58). A replacement CD was delivered by the dealer.

The defective CD has the matrix number: 92907 http://www.musiccode.dk IFPI LZ90 IFPI Z935

http://www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/ftd-label/wlvisnowinperson1972.htm

John Coctostan

Postby John Coctostan » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:57 am

Seems the Buffalo rehearsal sound is from the camera mic. Wonder how Sony came to be in possession of these recordings? It seems unlikely they would have licenced them from Warner......

bluehawaii

Postby bluehawaii » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:57 am

John Coctostan wrote:Seems the Buffalo rehearsal sound is from the camera mic. Wonder how Sony came to be in possession of these recordings? It seems unlikely they would have licenced them from Warner......

It was posted on FECC that this specific tape of the Buffalo rehearsal came from EJ's personal collection. I give FTD and the team a lot of credit for not settling with the previously bootlegged audio. Thank you, Ernst!

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:00 am

bluehawaii wrote:
John Coctostan wrote:Seems the Buffalo rehearsal sound is from the camera mic. Wonder how Sony came to be in possession of these recordings? It seems unlikely they would have licenced them from Warner......

It was posted on FECC that this specific tape of the Buffalo rehearsal came from EJ's personal collection. I give FTD and the team a lot of credit for not settling with the previously bootlegged audio. Thank you, Ernst!

So, he has a copy, on a tape off the camera mic, it was not recorded by RCA.
I also have this, but it is on the AMIGA box set.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

bluehawaii

Postby bluehawaii » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Nolan Truth wrote:
bluehawaii wrote:

I really don't wanna go down that route and discuss where the tape might have come from, it's a hopeless endeavor. 1972 was a long time ago. The only person who really could tell us more, is EJ himself.

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:50 pm

bluehawaii wrote:
Nolan Truth wrote:
bluehawaii wrote:

I really don't wanna go down that route and discuss where the tape might have come from, it's a hopeless endeavor. 1972 was a long time ago. The only person who really could tell us more, is EJ himself.

Not going down that route is perhaps wise, but you have already started that ball rolling.
There was also a recorder connected to a MGM sound desk during the Buffalo rehearsal. The sound desk or nagra audio from cameras do not change the fact that it was not recorded by RCA.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

John Coctostan

Postby John Coctostan » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:04 am

Nolan Truth wrote:
bluehawaii wrote:
Nolan Truth wrote:
bluehawaii wrote:

Not going down that route is perhaps wise, but you have already started that ball rolling.
There was also a recorder connected to a MGM sound desk during the Buffalo rehearsal. The sound desk or nagra audio from cameras do not change the fact that it was not recorded by RCA.

Yes, this is what I was alluding to, Nolan.
Would be interesting to hear Warner's view on the recording being used by Sony.....if they were aware, that is. 8-)

Glyn

Postby Glyn » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:06 am

Is it just me but the American Trilogy track 20 which is supposed to be the 14th Feb Dinner Show is exactly the same recording as the Midnight Show version on the 2007 FTD An American Trilogy - right down to applause, audience noises and the Elvis vocal (singing and talk at end).
Even Keith Flynn’s pages have them as separate different recordings.
Other than that a pretty good set.

Mike C

Postby Mike C » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:10 am

Glyn wrote:Is it just me but the American Trilogy track 20 which is supposed to be the 14th Feb Dinner Show is exactly the same recording as the Midnight Show version on the 2007 FTD An American Trilogy - right down to applause, audience noises and the Elvis vocal (singing and talk at end).

I would trust Keith's interpretation. He is usually accuate.

John

Postby John » Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:30 am

Glyn wrote:Is it just me but the American Trilogy track 20 which is supposed to be the 14th Feb Dinner Show is exactly the same recording as the Midnight Show version on the 2007 FTD An American Trilogy - right down to applause, audience noises and the Elvis vocal (singing and talk at end).

You are right. It's exactly the same recording. I've compared the two. The 'FTD An American Trilogy' version runs a split second faster, but it's almost negligible.. Here's an image of the two recordings next to each other.

There seems to have been some editing/remastering done in the box section.

AAT.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John

Postby John » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:23 pm

I've raised this with Keith and sent him a photo of the wav file and also the two tracks combined which show they are identical.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Glyn

Postby Glyn » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:16 pm

Good man John. I’ve got a feeling looking at his pages that there were problems with all the recordings from the dinner show so my guess is that the track doesn’t exist and it is actually the MS recording used on both issues.
In which case fair enough - but as someone who does want everything (although only high quality/official releases), it would be good to know.

John

Postby John » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:35 pm

Glyn wrote:Good man John. I’ve got a feeling looking at his pages that there were problems with all the recordings from the dinner show so my guess is that the track doesn’t exist and it is actually the MS recording used on both issues.
In which case fair enough - but as someone who does want everything (although only high quality/official releases), it would be good to know.

It's being worked on. You'll hopefully get a definitive answer soon.

Glyn

Postby Glyn » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:33 pm

And if the track does exist and BMG have made an error it would be good if they corrected it too.

Return to “Everything Elvis”