Mister Moon

Re: Go Fund Me to help Jordan.

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:49 pm

C'mon folks !

PTEF-Nest-Janitor
Nest Janitor

Postby PTEF-Nest-Janitor » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:50 am

Thank you John for posting this, and Mister Moon for trying to give it that extra "push".
https://gofund.me/d9eae178

Spreading the word is almost as important as donating at this point.

I know there are people allot worse off than me, I am just lucky to be alive! For seven days in the hospital I was afraid to go to sleep, not knowing if I would wake up again. I know that sounds silly. But I owe my life to the paramedics, doctors, nurses, and other staff that made sure I stayed alive.

Whatever caused this event (pretty much what is defined as a "full arrest") in medical jargon could happen again. And that scares me for my family and you, my extended family. And I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent it.

I know I'm not traditionally "active" on the forums as I should be, but I am constantly behind the scenes making sure the forums and sites are running in tip top shape. And the good news is the plan in place for the servers if they did not get any recognized input from me after a period of time, they went into sort of a fail safe mode. And that worked perfectly.

I have a long road ahead of me, with another long hospitalization already scheduled for the near future (hello burglars! Just joking! I hope!).

I never thought I'd be on "this end of the bed". I'm used to taking care of patients. Not being one.

More than 3 years ago I first started my journey on "this end of the bed" I never thought it would lead here.

And I am kindly asking if you cannot directly contribute to my GoFundMe https://gofund.me/d9eae178 that you spread the word. It will make all the difference in the world. And I really mean that.

Sincerely,
Jordan Ritchie

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:42 am

Anyone else, please?

No Jordan, no Phoenix, or many other forums.

https://gofund.me/100e90c6

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:39 am

Do they not have insurance in the USA?
Each and every month I pay over euro 200,00 for insurance that covers (part of) my medical bill.
Next to that there is a yearly "your own risk" of euro 385,00 which hit the chronically ill people (i.e. older people) the most.
There also is a funeral/cremation insurance with a small monthly fee (depending on your age when taking this insurance) or you can pay a deposit beforehand so your family will not be bothered by the costs of the final goodbye. I have done the latter.
Even when I go on holidays abroad I have to take a "travel insurance" in case anything happens.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:36 pm

Yin Yang wrote:Do they not have insurance in the USA?
Each and every month I pay over euro 200,00 for insurance that covers (part of) my medical bill...

You don't say where you live.

I'm in the UK & our NHS, which we pay into for all of our working lives, covers most medical needs for 'free'.

I've also got life insurance [death only], accidental death insurance & a funeral plan.

I realise things are very different in the US !

Let's all donate to help Jordan with his expenses.

A small way to thank him for his years of unpaid work on internet forums...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:53 pm

Each and every month I pay over euro 200,00 for insurance that covers (part of) my medical bill.
Next to that there is a yearly "your own risk" of euro 385,00 which hit the chronically ill people (i.e. older people) the most.
There also is a funeral/cremation insurance with a small monthly fee (depending on your age when taking this insurance) or you can pay a deposit beforehand so your family will not be bothered by the costs of the final goodbye. I have done the latter.
Even when I go on holidays abroad I have to take a "travel insurance" in case anything happens.

I don't know what the point of your post is. Have you donated?

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:08 pm

John wrote:

People can take insurance for illness, like Obamacare or NHS or whatever insurance possibilities the country you live in offer you.
There are countries where having an illness insurance is obligatory for every inhabitant. Monthly fee can be a percentage of your income or a set amount.
I donate to animal welfare organisations and only when run by volunteers.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:29 pm

Yin Yang wrote:
John wrote:

People can take insurance for illness, like Obamacare or NHS or whatever insurance possibilities the country you live in offer you.
There are countries where having an illness insurance is obligatory for every inhabitant. Monthly fee can be a percentage of your income or a set amount.
I donate to animal welfare organisations and only when run by volunteers.

I'm not sure why you need to make the point about insurance in this thread. Some people can and some people can't afford it. Some people take it out and some don't. Your post is inappropriate. If you don't want to donate. you don't need to make any comment.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:57 am

Hi all. Still over $7000 needed to reach the goal. Please donate if you can.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:08 pm

This update on Jordan's Fundraiser page:

"Jordan was rushed by ambulance to hospital the 10th of April. He is currently in the "intensive care unit" or "ICU". This is a huge setback. For his health and for other reasons. Prayers are very welcome!"

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:23 pm

John wrote:This update on Jordan's Fundraiser page:

"Jordan was rushed by ambulance to hospital the 10th of April. He is currently in the "intensive care unit" or "ICU". This is a huge setback. For his health and for other reasons. Prayers are very welcome!"

Sad to hear this.

Our very best wishes to Jordan and his family at this very difficult time.

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sun May 21, 2023 11:42 pm

Get well soon, Jordan!!!
ImageImage

PTEF-Nest-Janitor
Nest Janitor

Postby PTEF-Nest-Janitor » Tue May 23, 2023 7:12 pm

This is a bit of a different (happy!)] update!!!

In just over two months, wonderful folks have helped us reach just a little under 40% of our goal!

When this was started back then, I truly thought that nobody cared and that I'd be lucky to see 5% of the goal - long term.

Boy, was I wrong!!!

Kind folks have consistently, made me take pause and realize how wonderful our "little community" truly is!

Sure, just like any "family", sometimes some bickering occurs. But when you get right down to it, when a "family member" is in need (as we have seen with someone else in the past), we pull up our "boot strings" and do what's right.

I'm extremely proud to not only be a member of this family but also, in my own way, help it continue to thrive online. Which I've in one way or another done since 1996.

It's not always been an easy job i.e. changing servers multiple times with minimal downtime, or doing "live" bugfixing during a family vacation for 36 hours straight.

But you know what? I'd never EVER have it any other way.

EACH OF YOU is family to me, as I have gotten to know you through the years.

YOU are what keeps this community going whether it be your feedback, or through your thought provoking posts here on the forums.

I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the gifts and blessings you have bestowed upon me thus far.

If I'm not imposing, may I ask that you share this link with some folks you know?

1? 5? 10? People?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-bills-related-travel-expenses

We've made it this far. And something in my soul tells me that maybe, just maybe, we will get to 100%.

And, if that happened it would truly be life changing for me.

All the best from Memphis,
Jordan
https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-bills-related-travel-expenses

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Wed May 24, 2023 12:01 am

Wishing and praying for your health, Jordan!!

Without you, this forum would be non-existent!!
ImageImage

Return to “Everything Elvis”