The Making Of Blue Hawaii FTD

All the Elvis you can take

HD_RES

Re: The Making Of Blue Hawaii FTD

Postby HD_RES » Sun May 07, 2023 10:55 pm

Shame that Sony still havent the original master tape of the first 12 takes :(
Anyone compared the early takes sound of ICHFIL with the same audio released previously on MRS and Venus releases?
Surely this new FTD release still offers the best sound quality?

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Sun May 07, 2023 11:26 pm

HD_RES wrote:Shame that Sony still havent the original master tape of the first 12 takes :(
Anyone compared the early takes sound of ICHFIL with the same audio released previously on MRS and Venus releases?
Surely this new FTD release still offers the best sound quality?

No it doesn’t.
The first takes are available in better quality.
Listen to the sample comparison posted earlier in the topic.
Nolan is here, with the truth!

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon May 08, 2023 9:43 am

Nolan Truth wrote:The CD-only release discs will have been pressed at the same time as the CD’s in the book set, they will be the same.
When have any of the sessions sets ever been titled complete?
The ‘complete’ is a misnomer in the mind of fans only.

You are probably right about all the CDs being pressed at the same time in this instance.

But when they released the 3-CDs alone which had accompanied the A Boy From Tupelo book, they did add the missing track 'I Forgot to Remember to Forget', but the CDs alone followed 5 years after the CD/book release & were obviously a new pressing.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Mon May 08, 2023 11:13 am

Colin B wrote:
Nolan Truth wrote:The CD-only release discs will have been pressed at the same time as the CD’s in the book set, they will be the same.

You are probably right about all the CDs being pressed at the same time in this instance.

But when they released the 3-CDs alone which had accompanied the A Boy From Tupelo book, they did add the missing track 'I Forgot to Remember to Forget', but the CDs alone followed 5 years after the CD/book release & were obviously a new pressing.

Then there may be hope of further improvement, who knows?

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon May 08, 2023 11:19 am

Nolan Truth wrote:
Colin B wrote:

Then there may be hope of further improvement, who knows?

Oh, it's a certainty that further improvement can occur, but will we ever get to hear it? In fact, better sounding versions of some of these tracks have been out there for years.

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Mon May 08, 2023 4:39 pm

John wrote:Oh, it's a certainty that further improvement can occur, but will we ever get to hear it? In fact, better sounding versions of some of these tracks have been out there for years.

Almost Always True comparisons

One, Two or Three?

https://we.tl/t-3VFG2mIebj

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Tue May 09, 2023 12:17 am

Rumours were that the "Blue Hawaii" sessions had been delayed for quite some time because of the missing early takes of Can´t Help Falling In Love.

Thought that at least after this long wait, FTD would have been able to use the acetates that were sold some years ago in an auction!. What a dissapointment.... :cry:.
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mike C

Postby Mike C » Tue May 09, 2023 6:43 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Richard wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:The missing parts may simply not be on the mutitrack reels FTD hold.

There are often small differences in the separate reels - in this case I don't know - but it happens.

Tapes are stopped and rewound for playback and started again etc, plus takes removed are from the tapes for masters.

Not forgetting that some tapes suffer damage.

Thanks for the input, Kevan.

Anyway, is it confirmed that some of the takes are not sourced from 3-track tapes as promised ?

In fact they never promised anything of the sort. They were asked directly, several times, but never confirmed it. Instead they skirted around it and misdirected until people began to believe they had said "Yes". And even then they refused to come forward and correct them. It was a disgusting display and showed complete and utter disregard for the fans who were being asked to pay out £200 and more for their product.

Well, it's clearly noted in the official publicity for the set. I posted that in March, taken from the NDT website, and again today, just the pertinent bit - but here's the whole publicity again, with the highlighted "3-track" bit :

The-Making-of-Blue-Hawaii-1.jpg

You're right, but so is Richard, They just evaded the questions, constantly, although it was obvious these early takes were not from original tapes.

Of course there is an idiot on fecc who claims it's about the book, not the audio. I wish he'd fuck off.

So do I!

bluehawaii

Postby bluehawaii » Thu May 18, 2023 6:00 pm

I'm currently half-way through the movie-book and it's excellent. Great quality paper, quality transfers of documents and images. The text is well proof-read and I spotted just 2-3 errors / typos here and there. Really having a great time!

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:16 am

Anymore thoughts? I've had to use wrist supports to lift the book.

I haven't listened to the tracks properly as I've lost a lot of hearing from a recent flight where I was listening to music on headphones. The doc said this is very common and we should not be sticking earphones in our ears when flying. It could take up to 6 weeks to clear.

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:44 pm

Nolan Truth wrote:
John wrote:Oh, it's a certainty that further improvement can occur, but will we ever get to hear it? In fact, better sounding versions of some of these tracks have been out there for years.

One, Two or Three?

That wouldn't play for me....said it was expired. and my computer froze up when I tried to back button my way out....ie. possible virus.

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:46 pm

John wrote:Anymore thoughts? I've had to use wrist supports to lift the book.

I haven't listened to the tracks properly as I've lost a lot of hearing from a recent flight where I was listening to music on headphones. The doc said this is very common and we should not be sticking earphones in our ears when flying. It could take up to 6 weeks to clear.

As I have stated many times on this forum, I never ever listen to music with headphones.
Flying or not, it's not safe on the ears. I've been avoiding headphones for decades.

Nolan Truth

Postby Nolan Truth » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:25 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Nolan Truth wrote:

One, Two or Three?

That wouldn't play for me....said it was expired. and my computer froze up when I tried to back button my way out....ie. possible virus.

Try this:
https://we.tl/t-65xpKEH0N1

javilu

Postby javilu » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:57 pm

Return to “Everything Elvis”