Robert Mitchum and Elvis Met Up.

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
MauriceColgan2

Postby MauriceColgan2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:09 pm

Neat story about Elvis and Robert Mitchum, by his son Christopher. Oh, what could have been ....

https://medium.com/@jeremylr/when-rober ... 5e0592359a

Strangely enough richard, I received an email from Chris Mitchum last night. :-)

John

Re: Robert Mitchum and Elvis Met Up.

Postby John » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:14 pm

MauriceColgan2 wrote:Neat story about Elvis and Robert Mitchum, by his son Christopher. Oh, what could have been ....

https://medium.com/@jeremylr/when-rober ... 5e0592359a

Strangely enough richard, I received an email from Chris Mitchum last night. :-)

Very old story, Maurice.

Topic author
MauriceColgan2

Postby MauriceColgan2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:35 pm

Yes John.
For us oldies but youngsters may be looking in. And I am often disappeared from this forum. :-)

John

Postby John » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:39 pm

MauriceColgan2 wrote:Yes John.
For us oldies but youngsters may be looking in. And I am often disappeared from this forum. :-)

Well, if we're going to retell old stories just for the youngsters, it's going to take a lot of time and effort, and where would you start? Certainly well before Robert Mitchum. How many youngsters know who Robert Mitchum was?

Topic author
MauriceColgan2

Postby MauriceColgan2 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:49 pm

John wrote:

Well, if we're going to retell old stories just for the youngsters, it's going to take a lot of time and effort, and where would you start? Certainly well before Robert Mitchum. How many youngsters know who Robert Mitchum was?

My grandchildren know Robert Mitchum for a start. Just as I knew about Charlie Chaplin and the Great Caruso. I guess real and discerning movie lovers on Youtube will discover all the greats in time.
Yes, I know there are some shortsighted youngsters that do not know of Elvis! But they will. :-)

John

Postby John » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:37 pm

MauriceColgan2 wrote:
John wrote:

My grandchildren know Robert Mitchum for a start. Just as I knew about Charlie Chaplin and the Great Caruso. I guess real and discerning movie lovers on Youtube will discover all the greats in time.
Yes, I know there are some shortsighted youngsters that do not know of Elvis! But they will. :-)

Your grandchildren knowing Robert Mitchum are not an indication that all children, or even adults, know him. The world was a smaller place when we were growing up. There was less in terms of music films, books, and culture generally.

Topic author
MauriceColgan2

Postby MauriceColgan2 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:10 pm

John wrote:
MauriceColgan2 wrote:
John wrote:

Your grandchildren knowing Robert Mitchum are not an indication that all children, or even adults, know him. The world was a smaller place when we were growing up. There was less in terms of music films, books, and culture generally.

Huge numbers of young children spend a great deal of time on the internet. Facebook, YouTube, etc., where Elvis and legendary movie stars are all over the place. :-) Robert Mitchum had a very long career.

Topic author
MauriceColgan2

Robert Mitchum & Elvis Met Up.

Postby MauriceColgan2 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:49 pm

IMG_1026 (2)MITCHUMNEW.JPG

John asked me why i had trouble on FECC.

I guess because I told the truth far too often and a few there could not handle the truth. The few are powerful so I was blocked first. The nasty few mocked me. I could not reply so I got my son to register and used his monica to reply to them. So was Banned. The mockery and lies continued so I re registered time and time again.
Recently I was banned again after complaining about being likened to Jimmy Saville!!! A libelous jibe. That I have yet to reply to. But I put the post out on twitter. :-)
There are some very decent Elvis fans on FECC, and Here, but the cowardly bullies drown them out.

A TV Show producer is coming to my home tomorrow morning to see my Elvis memorabilia collection. She may use it in a Dancing With the Stars show here in Ireland.
Fingers crossed.
How are those pimples, John?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:05 pm

Robert Mitchum really deserves a statue. Where do I sign ?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:16 pm

By the way :

https://www.theelvisforum-phoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14479&p=190084

The two threads have been merged - CB

Topic author
MauriceColgan2

Postby MauriceColgan2 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:31 pm

Mister Moon wrote:By the way :

Started the thread by mistake it was on my notifications. :-) Please delete.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:40 pm

Mister Moon wrote:By the way :

The two threads have been merged - CB

Thanks, Colin.

John

Re: Robert Mitchum & Elvis Met Up.

Postby John » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:48 pm

MauriceColgan2 wrote:IMG_1026 (2)MITCHUMNEW.JPG
John asked me why i had trouble on FECC.

I guess because I told the truth far too often and a few there could not handle the truth. The few are powerful so I was blocked first. The nasty few mocked me. I could not reply so I got my son to register and used his monica to reply to them. So was Banned. The mockery and lies continued so I re registered time and time again.
Recently I was banned again after complaining about being likened to Jimmy Saville!!! A libelous jibe. That I have yet to reply to. But I put the post out on twitter. :-)
There are some very decent Elvis fans on FECC, and Here, but the cowardly bullies drown them out.

A TV Show producer is coming to my home tomorrow morning to see my Elvis memorabilia collection. She may use it in a Dancing With the Stars show here in Ireland.
Fingers crossed.
How are those pimples, John?

You have pimples? I can't see them.

Return to “Everything Elvis”