Why wasn't Elvis rushed to Methodist South Hospital?

All the Elvis you can take

AndresVanKujik

Re: Why wasn't Elvis rushed to Methodist South Hospital?

Postby AndresVanKujik » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:28 pm

John wrote:Moon, yes. Tupac, no.

Sorry to break it to you, but it was on the internet so it must be true!
"Man, I just work here..."

elvinda58

Postby elvinda58 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:39 am

Elvis had been admitted to Baptist 4 times since 1973 so they were familiar with his medical records.They also had a world renowned Harvey team who were the best at resuscitation. Dr Nick was on the staff at Baptist and made the decision to take Elvis there as he would have been familiar with the medical staff. It is not normal to take a obviously dead person to hospital but they did on this occasion just because it was Elvis.

elvis-fan

Postby elvis-fan » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:44 am

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Who the heck is Tupac ?

Surely you've heard of him. I couldn't tell you anything about any of his music or him as a person, all I know is he was shot,

Never heard of him. Not kidding. That name sounds like some prime minister of, say, Turkey.

So, according to Wikipedia, "in his first year of eligibility, Shakur was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 7, 2017".

Holy Link Wray !

The man is literally a god in the US rap music industry...

pphillips_ukuk

Postby pphillips_ukuk » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:24 pm

Jon Thor wrote:I've often wondered where Baptist Memorial Hospital was located in Memphis, but never did any digging on the subject until today when I read "Elvis was taken by ambulance to the Baptist Memorial Hospital, where the medical staff was known to be more discrete than the far-closer Methodist South Hospital."

From the Graceland Mansion the Methodist South Hospital is a 7 minute drive, whereas a drive to the Medical District - where apparently Baptist Memorial Hospital was - is 11 minutes.

Just simply curious if anyone knows why Elvis preferred Baptist Memorial Hospital or how that came to be? How would anyone know if staff is loose-lipped, simply through word-of-mouth or was Baptist Memorial Hospital a private one while the other one was public?

I don't know how accurate this is but I have read that the reason was Dr Nick. Apparently, as Elvis had been in the hospital so many times previously he suggested they go there. How true that is I don't know but that is what I have read.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:19 pm

pphillips_ukuk wrote:
Jon Thor wrote:I've often wondered where Baptist Memorial Hospital was located in Memphis, but never did any digging on the subject until today when I read "Elvis was taken by ambulance to the Baptist Memorial Hospital, where the medical staff was known to be more discrete than the far-closer Methodist South Hospital."

From the Graceland Mansion the Methodist South Hospital is a 7 minute drive, whereas a drive to the Medical District - where apparently Baptist Memorial Hospital was - is 11 minutes.

Just simply curious if anyone knows why Elvis preferred Baptist Memorial Hospital or how that came to be? How would anyone know if staff is loose-lipped, simply through word-of-mouth or was Baptist Memorial Hospital a private one while the other one was public?

I don't know how accurate this is but I have read that the reason was Dr Nick. Apparently, as Elvis had been in the hospital so many times previously he suggested they go there. How true that is I don't know but that is what I have read.

Perhaps if it was the other hospital, they would have asked Dr Nick why Elvis had been prescribed 1200 pills in 8 months and not covered up his crimes by disposing of Elvis' stomach contents. I'm guessing Dr, nick was just avoiding jail.
"Man, I just work here..."

Topic author
Jon Thor

Postby Jon Thor » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:49 pm

elvinda58 wrote:Elvis had been admitted to Baptist 4 times since 1973 so they were familiar with his medical records.They also had a world renowned Harvey team who were the best at resuscitation. Dr Nick was on the staff at Baptist and made the decision to take Elvis there as he would have been familiar with the medical staff. It is not normal to take a obviously dead person to hospital but they did on this occasion just because it was Elvis.

Thank you!

My faith in this forum is restored! :D

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:33 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:

Surely you've heard of him. I couldn't tell you anything about any of his music or him as a person, all I know is he was shot,

Never heard of him. Not kidding. That name sounds like some prime minister of, say, Turkey.

So, according to Wikipedia, "in his first year of eligibility, Shakur was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on April 7, 2017".

Holy Link Wray !

To each his own, ha ha. But one thing is sure - that crap ain't no rock and roll.

Ral Donner would be the first to tell us.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Looking at this year's RRHOF inductees, I had to laugh out loud - first class rockers like Duran Duran, Eminem, Eurythmics, Dolly Parton, and even ole Harry Belafonte, as "early influence". Influence on what ? I guess they will have Xavier Cugat or Al Jolson next year. Also, Sylvia Robinson, just because she was one of the godmothers of the hip-hop rot.

Holy Mickey Baker !

reg

Postby reg » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:45 am

man you sound exactly like my dad when i told him how much i liked elvis, exactly the same.
and i dont listen much to this stuff but i appreciate it, its what the kids lke now.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:58 pm

reg wrote:man you sound exactly like my dad when i told him how much i liked elvis, exactly the same.
and i dont listen much to this stuff but i appreciate it, its what the kids lke now.

Hey, to each his own.

But them folks ain't no rock and roll of any known kind. That's a guaranteed fact.

reg

Postby reg » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:39 am

Mister Moon wrote:
reg wrote:man you sound exactly like my dad when i told him how much i liked elvis, exactly the same.

Hey, to each his own.

But them folks ain't no rock and roll of any known kind. That's a guaranteed fact.

hey grandpa.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:06 am

reg wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:

Hey, to each his own.

hey grandpa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtxQRlpU5D0

Simon1

Postby Simon1 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:25 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:

Holy Link Wray !

Such a shame he got shot. Imagine all the trash err music he still could have made.

reg

Postby reg » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:24 pm

Simon1 wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:

Holy Link Wray !

Such a shame he got shot. Imagine all the trash err music he still could have made.

im no spring chickn but man you sound like 50s parents, pretty weak

Simon1

Postby Simon1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:37 pm

Crappola mate. Give me the good old Rudy Vallee days.

Return to “Everything Elvis”