Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
John

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby John » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:07 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:I have the feeling this photo has leaked much in the same way the 1955 wire recording leaked ten years ago.

What will we have in 2032 ?

Do you mean by someone who didn't know what they had?

Yes, something like that. There have been rumours for years about existing images of Elvis and Roy together, and it's become a desirable subject in the end to many Elvis fans who are also Roy fans. A photo like that could have been an important selling point in some book, etc., but now it's all over the place for free. It surprising, to say the least.

I thought it was the 1955 pic (assuming there is one) that was going to be the one in a book. I'm sure I read an interview with one of Roy's sons (or maybe someone else, it was a while back) that said this.

Mister Moon

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:23 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:I have the feeling this photo has leaked much in the same way the 1955 wire recording leaked ten years ago.

What will we have in 2032 ?

Do you mean by someone who didn't know what they had?

Yes, something like that. There have been rumours for years about existing images of Elvis and Roy together, and it's become a desirable subject in the end to many Elvis fans who are also Roy fans. A photo like that could have been an important selling point in some book, etc., but now it's all over the place for free. It surprising, to say the least.

I thought it was the 1955 pic (assuming there is one) that was going to be the one in a book. I'm sure I read an interview with one of Roy's sons (or maybe someone else, it was a while back) that said this.

Yes, the 1955 pic is a different story, but I don't remember the details either. It was explained by James in his site, and I can't find it.

But all of a sudden, here's this 1957 pic. Totally unexpected. That's why I have that feeling.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:32 pm

The medallion was given to him in Toronto, 2nd April by a super fan. This was posted on Facebook by Tanja Graf.
Medallion.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kevanbudd

Postby kevanbudd » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:04 am

Elvis and Roy.jpg

The Official Roy Orbison facebook page -

This photo was taken at Sam Phillip’s house on Menden Hall Road in Memphis in the late spring of 1957. Elvis is wearing a medallion he got in Ottawa, Canada from a fan on April 3rd and his hair is certainly 1957, dyed black. Roy Orbison is wearing his “Ooby Dooby” diamond ring and his hair is also dyed black. The photo was taken to Cecile Hollifield in Midland/Odessa by Roy himself.

You can see check pattern seating in this footage taken at Sam Phillips house - but note Elvis is wearing different cloths -
If taken at Sams house then likely another day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z83MYFG3mds

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg

Kevan Budd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:38 am

kevanbudd wrote:Elvis and Roy.jpg

This photo was taken at Sam Phillip’s house on Menden Hall Road in Memphis in the late spring of 1957. Elvis is wearing a medallion he got in Ottawa, Canada from a fan on April 3rd and his hair is certainly 1957, dyed black. Roy Orbison is wearing his “Ooby Dooby” diamond ring and his hair is also dyed black. The photo was taken to Cecile Hollifield in Midland/Odessa by Roy himself.

You can see check pattern seating in this footage taken at Sam Phillips house - but note Elvis is wearing different cloths -

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

I have no doubt this is real. Of course that cretinous goon on fecc is claiming it a fake, and pulling others in with him. I knew it wouldn't be long before he started off with his usual fuckery.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:42 am

Roy Orbison x2.JPG
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:43 am

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Excellent, Kevan. Thank you.

Here's another screen grab from the same video, where we see Harry Fritzius in front of the exact spot where the Elvis and Roy photo was taken - the sofa, the wood in the wall and the lamp :

Fritzius Phillips home 1957 (2).jpg

There are indeed photos of Elvis taken at Sam's house on different dates.

kevanbudd

Postby kevanbudd » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:42 am

Mister Moon wrote:
Excellent, Kevan. Thank you.

Here's another screen grab from the same video, where we see Harry Fritzius in front of the exact spot where the Elvis and Roy photo was taken - the sofa, the wood in the wall and the lamp :

Fritzius Phillips home 1957 (2).jpg

There are indeed photos of Elvis taken at Sam's house on different dates.

Thanks,

and yes indeed Mister moon - A perfect match.

Kevan Budd.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:16 am

John wrote:

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

I have no doubt this is real. Of course that cretinous goon on fecc is claiming it a fake, and pulling others in with him. I knew it wouldn't be long before he started off with his usual fuckery.

It's just laughable. To question that the man at right in that photo is Roy Orbison is just laughable.

Such a "scholar". In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Roy.jpg

kevanbudd

Postby kevanbudd » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:50 am

A superb post I just spotted by James V Roy that was posted separately from the main thread in the picture section of FECC - It contains some great background info...

https://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/ ... 9#p1915329

[quote=JamesVRoy post_id=1915329 time=1668475614 user_id=1989]
That's the photo that Cecil gave me a copy of about 8 years ago and told me he had taken, albeit its much clearer and higher quality than the copy I have (he had Xeroxed it). Mine is a slightly different crop too. I got his permission to show it to Brian Peterson at the time who showed it to have been taken at Sam's house, not in Midland but we decided it wasn't worth arguing with Cecil about it, especially since it wasn't going to be published. Several people representing Roy's family contacted me about it soon after and I referred them to Cecil but I don't think he was happy about it and I've stayed out of it since. I hadn't heard anything about him until recently when some local TV weatherman to there wanted to do a story and I gave him the last contact info I had. He told me he had connected with his grandson Jay and was going to talk with Cecil. I don't know if this pic or copy came out of that but I don't doubt its legitimacy, just where and when Cecil thought it was taken.
the crop of my copy is represented by the black rectangle.

James V Roy.png

Brian grabbed a frame of the film taken at Sam's house Easter weekend in 57 and you can recognize the furniture, lamp and bottom of curtain (unseen in recent crop).

Brian.jpg

[/quote]

Kevan Budd.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:50 pm

Great minds think alike. Thanks, Kevan.

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:05 pm

Roy talks about getting his picture taken with Elvis in 1956 and 1976
Time 3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOZ6c4ZVCs&t=197s
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:34 am

skabillyrebels wrote:Roy talks about getting his picture taken with Elvis in 1956 and 1976
Time 3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjOZ6c4ZVCs&t=197s

No doubt if you show that to Johnny Crapenter, he will claim "It's funny to see how easily people can be fooled" and that isn't Roy speaking.

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:23 am

At the end of the day who really cares what his opinion is. he gets into a hissy fit
when it's not about how great he is. He would have a Temper tantrum.
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:24 pm

So, are we 100% sure the guy at right is Roy Ordasun ?

Return to “Everything Elvis”