Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

All the Elvis you can take

HillbillyCat

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby HillbillyCat » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:04 pm

Mister Moon wrote:So, are we 100% sure the guy at right is Roy Ordasun ?

Man, I was 99.99% sure that this is Roy Obi-Wan... now I have my doubts about it...

Mister Moon

Re: Armed Forces Radio & Television acetate transfer of the July 2, 1955 Louisiana Hayride show

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:00 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:So, are we 100% sure the guy at right is Roy Ordasun ?

Man, I was 99.99% sure that this is Roy Obi-Wan... now I have my doubts about it...

It can't be Roy Ordasun. He always wore sunglasses. That's a fact.

Mike C

Postby Mike C » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:49 pm

John wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:Elvis and Roy.jpg

The Official Roy Orbison facebook page -

This photo was taken at Sam Phillip’s house on Menden Hall Road in Memphis in the late spring of 1957. Elvis is wearing a medallion he got in Ottawa, Canada from a fan on April 3rd and his hair is certainly 1957, dyed black. Roy Orbison is wearing his “Ooby Dooby” diamond ring and his hair is also dyed black. The photo was taken to Cecile Hollifield in Midland/Odessa by Roy himself.

You can see check pattern seating in this footage taken at Sam Phillips house - but note Elvis is wearing different cloths -
If taken at Sams house then likely another day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z83MYFG3mds

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

I have no doubt this is real. Of course that cretinous goon on fecc is claiming it a fake, and pulling others in with him. I knew it wouldn't be long before he started off with his usual fuckery.

And now the goon is trying to take credit for "dating" the photo when JamesVRoy and Kevan determined the date more than 5 days ago. We call that plagiarism!

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Mike C wrote:
John wrote:

This photo was taken at Sam Phillip’s house on Menden Hall Road in Memphis in the late spring of 1957. Elvis is wearing a medallion he got in Ottawa, Canada from a fan on April 3rd and his hair is certainly 1957, dyed black. Roy Orbison is wearing his “Ooby Dooby” diamond ring and his hair is also dyed black. The photo was taken to Cecile Hollifield in Midland/Odessa by Roy himself.

You can see check pattern seating in this footage taken at Sam Phillips house - but note Elvis is wearing different cloths -

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

I have no doubt this is real. Of course that cretinous goon on fecc is claiming it a fake, and pulling others in with him. I knew it wouldn't be long before he started off with his usual fuckery.

And now the goon is trying to take credit for "dating" the photo when JamesVRoy and Kevan determined the date more than 5 days ago. We call that plagiarism!

Or we could call it a sad little man who is desperate for attention.

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:18 pm

Mike C wrote:
John wrote:

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

Someone told me he also claimed that he was the one who found the source for this picture in the first place, but two other users (one of them a thread opener!) did share that information days before his first post on this matter. And what's even worse: apparently he still finds some devoted disciples who praise him to heaven for his mostly self-congratulatory and overly didactic postings... :lol: Once again I feel confirmed that I made the right decision in leaving that toxic place!

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:29 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:
Mike C wrote:
John wrote:

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

Someone told me he also claimed that he was the one who found the source for this picture in the first place, but two other users (one of them a thread opener!) did share that information days before his first post on this matter. And what's even worse: apparently he still finds some devoted disciples who praise him to heaven for his mostly self-congratulatory and overly didactic postings... :lol: Once again I feel confirmed that I made the right decision in leaving that toxic place!

He first claimed that it was a fake photo.

Mike C

Postby Mike C » Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:08 pm

John wrote:
HillbillyCat wrote:
Mike C wrote:
John wrote:

Screen capture -

Sam Phillips part.jpg
Kevan Budd.

Cheers Kevan,

He first claimed that it was a fake photo.

Yes, he did. It is sad and pathetic.

Return to “Everything Elvis”