Elvis On Tour 50th Anniversary Special Edition

All the Elvis you can take

cadillac-elvis

Re: Elvis On Tour 50th Anniversary Special Edition

Postby cadillac-elvis » Thu May 06, 2021 7:25 pm

To All of you negative Nellie's who always say, there is no interest, and it cost too much etc. etc. etc.

Has any one of you ever been to the www.BluRay.com website?

Have you ever looked at all the obscure, crappy, out of date, movies that are being released on a monthly basis.
Some are so obscure, I doubt whether they will sell 10 of them.

Elvis is the most popular entertainer in history.

Go to that website and look at all the movies that gets released and tell me they will sell more than Elvis will.
I have never heard of 90% of those movies.

jbgude

Postby jbgude » Fri May 07, 2021 7:26 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:To All of you negative Nellie's who always say, there is no interest, and it cost too much etc. etc. etc.

Has any one of you ever been to the http://www.BluRay.com website?

Have you ever looked at all the obscure, crappy, out of date, movies that are being released on a monthly basis.
Some are so obscure, I doubt whether they will sell 10 of them.

Elvis is the most popular entertainer in history.

Go to that website and look at all the movies that gets released and tell me they will sell more than Elvis will.
I have never heard of 90% of those movies.

Agreed cadillac-elvis, I am a member there, it amazes me that,some of those movies will sell 500 or more copies, but apparently, they do! WB Archives, releases quite a few too....

rockinrebel

Postby rockinrebel » Fri May 07, 2021 10:32 am

I don't think the issue is whether Warner's could sell a reasonable amount of copies of the original film via niche websites.

It's whether it would be cost effective to prepare and compile a special edition built around previously unseen footage. They would certainly expect a much bigger return on their investment due to the production costs of such a project.

Of course, I would love to see it happen, but I doubt the re-edited film that everyone really wants would shift enough copies to make the project commercially viable.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Fri May 07, 2021 1:17 pm

rockinrebel wrote:I don't think the issue is whether Warner's could sell a reasonable amount of copies of the original film via niche websites.

It's whether it would be cost effective to prepare and compile a special edition built around previously unseen footage. They would certainly expect a much bigger return on their investment due to the production costs of such a project.

Of course, I would love to see it happen, but I doubt the re-edited film that everyone really wants would shift enough copies to make the project commercially viable.

Correct.

Because they've waited too long. 50 years later, with a project like Elvis On Tour, interest will be minimal, partly due to the fact that the people who wanted and would buy it are dying out.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri May 07, 2021 2:03 pm

scottwalker wrote:Because they've waited too long. 50 years later, with a project like Elvis On Tour, interest will be minimal, partly due to the fact that the people who wanted and would buy it are dying out.

Although I have heard that a few are still clinging desperately to life...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Fri May 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Colin B wrote:
scottwalker wrote:Because they've waited too long. 50 years later, with a project like Elvis On Tour, interest will be minimal, partly due to the fact that the people who wanted and would buy it are dying out.

Although I have heard that a few are still clinging desperately to life...

But that's something no one can control.

Too bad you didnt understand my point.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri May 07, 2021 3:55 pm

scottwalker wrote:Because they've waited too long.
50 years later, with a project like Elvis On Tour, interest will be minimal, partly due to the fact that the people who wanted and would buy it are dying out.
Colin B wrote:Although I have heard that a few are still clinging desperately to life...
scottwalker wrote:But that's something no one can control.

Which was ?
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Johnny2523

Postby Johnny2523 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm

And also there is a difference between restoring one movie compared to having to transfer countless reels and then assemble it all into something

Topic author
Robbo

Postby Robbo » Fri May 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Jak wrote:Nobody wants this more than I do but I’ve got serious doubts. It’s always about money and profit margins. I think the ship has sailed unfortunately. The best time would have been when EOT was re released in the theaters several years ago. That seemed to generate a fair amount of interest. I’m just not sure a project like this would generate enough attention to justify the cost. I certainly hope I’m wrong.

I went to a theater to see it back then. It was like watching the bluray on a big screen. The theater was about 50% full. The volume was too low for my liking too. Seems like Warner Bros. didn't put much effort then. Maybe they were testing the waters? It did have a decent response from what I remember.

Jak

Postby Jak » Fri May 07, 2021 5:48 pm

I went to a screening in Charlotte. It was a packed house. It was a really great night. The volume was low at my theatre also.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri May 07, 2021 5:52 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:And also there is a difference between restoring one movie compared to having to transfer countless reels and then assemble it all into something

...you nailed it, yes that's the point; thx Johnny2523 ;)
Matt

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Fri May 07, 2021 6:11 pm

Colin B wrote:
scottwalker wrote:Because they've waited too long.
50 years later, with a project like Elvis On Tour, interest will be minimal, partly due to the fact that the people who wanted and would buy it are dying out.
Colin B wrote:Although I have heard that a few are still clinging desperately to life...
scottwalker wrote:But that's something no one can control.

Which was ?

Really?

Samses

Postby Samses » Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm

My guess is that all the available footage already has been scanned and maybe even processed. There however more cost connected with this, like fees to musicians and royalties to songwriters.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon May 10, 2021 2:16 pm

Samses wrote:My guess is that all the available footage already has been scanned and maybe even processed. There however more cost connected with this, like fees to musicians and royalties to songwriters.

Yes, it's the greed of the copyright holders which postpones/scuppers footage releases with songs on them.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon May 10, 2021 3:41 pm

:cry: ...but who cares?! We, the collectors/fans have tons ELVIS ON TOUR from the Bootleg-Market.
If Sony/BMG/WB/EPE or whoever released the stuff....i guess more than 81677 Fans will be disappointed... :roll:
Matt

Return to “Everything Elvis”