Elvis On Tour 50th Anniversary Special Edition

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Robbo

Elvis On Tour 50th Anniversary Special Edition

Postby Robbo » Tue May 04, 2021 8:32 pm

https://youtu.be/GF3U4YUc9sg
There's a petition circulating around from the 'The Release The Elvis On Tour Footage' Facebook group. Please sign. It couldn't hurt.

http://chng.it/Yfq4tKsbvC

Matt Helm

Re: Elvis On Tour 50th Anniversary Special Edition

Postby Matt Helm » Wed May 05, 2021 7:41 am

cool trailer...but with all respect and not to be too negative; i don't think it would help anyway. WB or Sony whoever, wants to make profit and the big money. I don't think EOT is the big business for the mass-market...but hope dies last
Hopefully Matt

anchorage

Postby anchorage » Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 pm

EPE could take over and spend a few bucks from the 23 millions of income to at least give his legacy the appropriate treatment. Maybe they achive that people no longer think that Elvis was basicly a joke figure for sitcoms or crazy Vegas weddings.

If MGM really thinks this material has no commercial value they should sell is for small money to EPE or whomever. Maybe EPE could pay them with their 2021 Elvis Potato Head Edition which seems to have more commercial value.
Last edited by anchorage on Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Wed May 05, 2021 1:53 pm

...anchorage i respect your opinion.
But at least; WB or Sony or whoever have the rights...not EPE, i think you know.
This is business...ELVIS ON TOUR would be not the big seller;...remember the VHS "The Lost Performances" back decades ago...nobody cares about it, only the hardcore Elvis-Fans/Collectors/Community. The only official release was/is the VHS btw i don't know about a Laser-Disc Version release.
ELVIS ON TOUR a 2022 official release (BluRay 2-3h and full of all 4 complete recording shows incl. Rehearsals on CD ...i'm a little bit unsure)
Matt

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Wed May 05, 2021 1:57 pm

Matt Helm wrote:...anchorage i respect your opinion.
But at least; WB or Sony or whoever have the rights...not EPE, i think you know.
This is business...ELVIS ON TOUR would be not the big seller;...remember the VHS "The Lost Performances" back decades ago...nobody cares about it, only the hardcore Elvis-Fans/Collectors/Community. The only official release was/is the VHS btw i don't know about a Laser-Disc Version release.
ELVIS ON TOUR a 2022 official release (BluRay 2-3h and full of all 4 complete recording shows incl. Rehearsals on CD ...i'm a little bit unsure)
Matt

There was a laser disc (cartridge type) version of ‘The Lost Performances’.

Topic author
Robbo

Postby Robbo » Wed May 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Matt Helm wrote:cool trailer...but with all respect and not to be too negative; i don't think it would help anyway. WB or Sony whoever, wants to make profit and the big money. I don't think EOT is the big business for the mass-market...but hope dies last
Hopefully Matt

I have to say I have my doubts also but Warner Bros hasn't given up. They are putting a lot of money in the new biopic. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3704428/?ref_=vp_back
I think if they do in fact release some kind of EOT release for the 50th anniversary, it'll be minimal. Perhaps the film's release with Johnny B Goode included? Hopefully some extra bonus footage. I've read that a lot of the EOT footage is already been remastered and digitized. They used some for The Searcher.
Going back to the trailer I created. I put it together to give fans an idea of what could be. I signed the petition thinking if all Elvis fans signed it maybe it could help. Upon checking on the status of the petition after a few days, it was like a punch in the gut. It struggled to get to 2,500 signatures. It's laughable. Hopefully the success of the new biopic will help boost Elvis' popularity with young people. They're our only hope. Seems like our generation has given up.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Wed May 05, 2021 3:49 pm

TonyS wrote:
Matt

Was this an official BMG/RCA US/EU/Japan release?!...thx for the info (I have a "bootleg" DVD from the EU and a VC-R from "HongKong"...can't play this anymore :shock: ) thx pal, Matt

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Wed May 05, 2021 4:28 pm

Matt Helm wrote:
TonyS wrote:
Matt

Was this an official BMG/RCA US/EU/Japan release?!...thx for the info (I have a "bootleg" DVD from the EU and a VC-R from "HongKong"...can't play this anymore :shock: ) thx pal, Matt

Yes, it was official.
The cartridge type laser disc wasn’t a popular format in the end, it was the big brother to the mini disc which was the same idea but much smaller and for audio.
Both dead formats now.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Wed May 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Thank you, but was this Laser-Disc "The Lost Performances" an official BMG/RCA product?! This is my Question...
I have a handful Elvis-Laser-Disc...but "The Lost Performances" was not a regular one, on BMG/RCA or was it?!
thx in advance pal, for your response
Matt

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Thank you, but was this Laser-Disc "The Lost Performances" an official BMG/RCA product?! This is my Question...
I have a handful Elvis-Laser-Disc...but "The Lost Performances" was not a regular one, on BMG/RCA or was it?!
thx in advance pal, for your response
Matt

Yes, it was officially released on laser disc.
See below.

https://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=288835

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133600180499 ... olid=10001

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 05, 2021 10:25 pm

Matt Helm wrote:cool trailer...but with all respect and not to be too negative; i don't think it would help anyway. WB or Sony whoever, wants to make profit and the big money. I don't think EOT is the big business for the mass-market...but hope dies last
Hopefully Matt

There are other DVDs out that have such limited appeal that they will never be 'big business for the mass-market'.

They have seen a release nonetheless.

I guess it's the greedy owners of the music publishing/writing rights [for any containing music] that put the producers off some releases.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

escapeguy

Postby escapeguy » Wed May 05, 2021 10:50 pm

That was a MOST EXCELLENT!! Trailer. Congrats, dang it looks good

LJM

Postby LJM » Thu May 06, 2021 1:17 am

I do believe it could be very profitable if marketed properly. By this I'm not referring to just dvd/bluray sales but alternate ways like the following:
-Youtube/Facebook/amazon streaming with ads
-pay tv like the Searcher followed by network tv

The millions of views on youtube, etc for an On Tour special edition could make millions of dollars in ad and pay per view revenue. The dvd/bluray/download sales would be a bonus.

scottwalker

Postby scottwalker » Thu May 06, 2021 11:53 am

Robbo wrote: Seems like our generation has given up.

That is not surprising. Or do we necessarily measure that it has reached the 50 years since then? It should have happened long ago. Despite the film footage, luckily Amiga released a great box in 2018. When it comes to audio alone, I have yet to see if the Amiga set can be surpassed by an official channel.

Jak

Postby Jak » Thu May 06, 2021 6:46 pm

Nobody wants this more than I do but I’ve got serious doubts. It’s always about money and profit margins. I think the ship has sailed unfortunately. The best time would have been when EOT was re released in the theaters several years ago. That seemed to generate a fair amount of interest. I’m just not sure a project like this would generate enough attention to justify the cost. I certainly hope I’m wrong.

Return to “Everything Elvis”