I'm Stepping Down

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
John

I'm Stepping Down

Postby John » Sat May 01, 2021 10:47 am

After something like 15 years maybe of dealing with fragile egos, aggressive idiots, needy people, liars, complete imbeciles, jealousy, I’ve had enough. This is supposed to be fun, but when you get cretins on Facebook and other forums attacking members here, you know you are dealing with people with psychological problems, and that isn’t fun.

I treat Phoenix like my home. Everyone is welcome, but if you start regularly causing a problem then you will be asked to leave. I have tried to treat everyone fairly, but when someone is a troublemaker and I get complaints about them, and they get banned for transgressing the rules, they accuse me or us of being “like the other place”, which is as far from the truth as possible, but of course, they know better. You should know that it’s been rare for me to decide on my own to ban anyone. I don’t like doing it. Most times we discuss it as a team and as often as not we agree to leave that person alone until such time their behaviour becomes untenable.

While I can deal with Phoenix, I can’t do anything about the stupidity on other forums.

I thought that because we all liked and supported one artist, that we could get along. Wrong! There are too many politics going on.

You have got known bootleggers attacking a legitimate company accusing them of being bootleggers, or thieves. What irony.

There are people on another forum making awful comments about a legitimate company that has created stereo tracks from mono ones, yet there is a growing list of requests for someone to make stereo tracks from mono ones on that same forum. Some people embrace advances in technology, and some are so anal that they can’t see that others enjoy these changes, so they attack them. How about “live and let live” folks?

You have got someone who runs a Facebook page who really should moderate the members more carefully. Things they say about members here are bordering on defamation of character and leaving themselves open to legal action. They should make themselves familiar with the law regarding libel on the internet.

There are idiotic members there who appear to be not long out of short trousers who are making stupid comments, who are just following other idiotic members and who have not taken the trouble to inform themselves about the truth. It does no favours for the business that the Facebook person is involved in. They have lost customers through it.

In general, most people are great. In general, it has been enjoyable, but you get to a point in life where you cease putting up with nonsense and sheer stupidity.

I have enjoyed it and have been happy to help a lot of people over the years. I have acted as a listening post to many people who have poured out their problems to me, from relationship issues to health issues to confidence issues, and more. I haven’t minded, it’s something that has happened to me throughout my life, but sometimes it has got heavy listening other peoples’ problems when I have been dealing with family and health issues of my own.

For the most part members on Phoenix have been lovely, a great crowd. We’ve had a few troublemakers, but I think we’ve been able to control it. I have gone as far as I can with Phoenix. I don’t think I can bring anymore to it, so it’s time for someone else to take over. Colin and Ben will look after you well. I hope to remain a member, but who knows, I might get banned? So I thank all the lovely members we have on here, it’s been great and I wish you well.

Have fun.

Return to “Everything Elvis”