Elvis grandson Ben has died

All the Elvis you can take

Simon1

Re: Elvis grandson Ben has died

Postby Simon1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:37 pm

John wrote:Lisa Marie Presley's son Benjamin Keough, 27, had cocaine and alcohol in his system when he shot himself dead after an argument with his girlfriend, autopsy report reveals.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mself.html

Bare in mind the tough life he had and how hard he had to work his short life.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Simon1 wrote:
John wrote:Lisa Marie Presley's son Benjamin Keough, 27, had cocaine and alcohol in his system when he shot himself dead after an argument with his girlfriend, autopsy report reveals.

This is intended as a joke, right ?

Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:01 pm

It must had been very hard to develop from childhood to adult looking too much like an iconic grandfather he never met. Kids try to carve out their own identity growing up. It is sad that he did not get, or respond to the help, he most probably needed.

dougkapp

Postby dougkapp » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:42 pm

I think he looks more like Lisa than Elvis.
Anyway, children and grandchildren of super famous people, like Elvis for example, need to have a specialized follow-up, with psychologists, if necessary, and find their own way in the world.
See Bruce Lee's daughter, who lost her father, her brother and has been doing an interesting job in the defense of her father's legacy.
Maybe if Benjamin lived in an unstructured home, which we don't know...

Simon1

Postby Simon1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Simon1 wrote:

This is intended as a joke, right ?

Very much so.

Simon1

Postby Simon1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:24 pm

dougkapp wrote:I think he looks more like Lisa than Elvis.
Anyway, children and grandchildren of super famous people, like Elvis for example, need to have a specialized follow-up, with psychologists, if necessary, and find their own way in the world.
See Bruce Lee's daughter, who lost her father, her brother and has been doing an interesting job in the defense of her father's legacy.
Maybe if Benjamin lived in an unstructured home, which we don't know...

Oh I think we do know. His mother who has been walking around with a chip on her shoulder her whole life is a drug addict who married what, 3 times? One being with the biggest lunatic in the Pop industry. Not to mention his grandmother, the evil witch from the West, being a leader in a crazy cult. So yeah I'd say he lived in an unstructured home.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Simon1 wrote:...Not to mention his grandmother, the evil witch from the West, being a leader in a crazy cult...

Priscilla ?

She may have been a paying member of the Scientologists, but I don't know that she held any special position of power in it...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:28 pm

Colin B wrote:
Simon1 wrote:...Not to mention his grandmother, the evil witch from the West, being a leader in a crazy cult...

Priscilla ?

She may have been a paying member of the Scientologists, but I don't know that she held any special position of power in it...

I wouldn’t call her the evil witch from the West either.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:54 am

Scientology loves their celebrities.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 am

Mountain Mist wrote:Scientology loves their celebrities.

Yes - and their money...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Simon1

Postby Simon1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:47 am

Colin B wrote:

Priscilla ?

She did and still does Colin it's heartbreaking really as Elvis was approached by them himself and saw right through them. His ex, not his widow as she likes to call herself, enrolled Lisa in the Cult as soon as he died. How disrespectful.
And proof that she is a high ranking figure is easily proven each time she makes an appearance. Her personal security? Scientology people paid for by the Cult. Low ranking members wouldn't get that.

Simon1

Postby Simon1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:49 am

I tried to be kind calling her that John.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:50 am

Simon1 wrote:
Colin B wrote:

Priscilla ?

She did and still does Colin it's heartbreaking really as Elvis was approached by them himself and saw right through them. His ex, not his widow as she likes to call herself, enrolled Lisa in the Cult as soon as he died. How disrespectful.
And proof that she is a high ranking figure is easily proven each time she makes an appearance. Her personal security? Scientology people paid for by the Cult. Low ranking members wouldn't get that.

Kerri-Anne Kennerly, who has worked in varying capacities since 1967, as a child actress, adult actress, radio announcer, and journalist, here in Australia, has interviewed and rubbed shoulders with everyone we could think of who visited Australia wanting to promote something, or visit our shores.

KAK said that when Priscilla arrived at her very popular show at the time, "Midday", that Cilla had with her the biggest entourage of anyone, ever.

KAK said that Will Smith was the nicest, and requested the least.

John

Postby John » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:17 am

Simon1 wrote:I tried to be kind calling her that John.

Unless you know someone is an out and out bastard, I wouldn't call people people names. You never know what goes on in their lives. If she has a large entourage, maybe there's a reason for it, or maybe not, but I don't care. I'm not a Priscilla worshipper, but on the other hand she has done a lot in terms of Graceland and keeping Elvis' name in the minds of the public. She has been on TV here in the UK often to promote Elvis. Yes, it's also money in her pocket, but why not?

She should not be called Elvis' widow, but is it her or the the media that refer to her that way?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:48 am

One thing I've never understood, maybe because I'm a damn ferner, is why Beaulieu keeps being called "Presley" ?

Once they divorced, it would only be fair to be called "Beaulieu" again, or another name if she married again.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

Return to “Everything Elvis”