Elvis grandson Ben has died

All the Elvis you can take

Colin B

Re: Elvis grandson Ben has died

Postby Colin B » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:27 pm

Thanks for the link !

Most surprising revelation there is that Ben's father, Danny Keough was & is still is a Scientologist !

I had kinda formed the impression that he was a sensible & steadying influence on Lisa...

... obviously not...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:19 am

Like all of us, Lisa's made some mistakes in her time but dropping Scientology was a good call.

jungleroombear

Postby jungleroombear » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:52 pm

javilu wrote:
jungleroombear wrote:Oh dear. What a lovely young fella. The only consolation in the way that he died is that he had a choice and clearly wanted his life to end. Things can be so tormenting, confusing and difficult esp for young people. Oh God I am feeling that young man's pain and his families loss. RIP

Not necessarily.

What if he was just drunk or on drugs, in a bad mood, arguing with his gf, had a gun nearby and did a stupid thing without giving it much thought?
Unless there is a suicide note we have no proof he "clearly" wanted his life to end.

Well yes I agree, in circumstances where a person for whatever reason is so overwhelmed that they feel they have no choice and no other option, or when their mind is so disturbed. In those critical, spontaneous moments anything can happen.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Benjamin Keough 'struggled' living in Elvis Presley's shadow

A good friend of Lisa Marie Presley's son and Elvis Presley's grandson Benjamin Keough has revealed that he "absolutely" struggled with the pressure to carry on the family legacy.

Benjamin took his own life at his Calabasas home on Monday.

Musician Brandon Howard told People Magazine, that the 27-year-old's struggles with coming from such a famous family contributed to his death earlier this week.

"That kind of pressure is definitely a part of what happened," Brandon said.

He added, "It’s a tough thing when you have a lot of pressure with your family and living up to a name and an image. It’s a lot of pressure. It’s almost like you’re pressured into having to be a musician, having to be an actor.

"It was good for him to go around the world and discover himself and have his own friends. You never know what triggers it. You never know... It’s so random."

Brandon added that Benjamin struggled with depression, "Sometimes he struggled with depression, which is a serious thing with [the current pandemic] and everything happening right now and everybody being locked in the house. It takes a lot. I wish I could have been there."

He went on to say that Benjamin was a devoted friend and was always there to help if someone was going through a tough time.

"He has always been there for everybody," Brandon said. "In any kind of situation, he would be the one who would come crash with you on the couch for weeks until you're actually feeling better."

Brandon and Benjamin met as children after Lisa Marie married Michael Jackson in 1994.

Michael's father Joe managed Brandon's mother singer Miki Howard.

Despite Lisa Marie and Michael's divorce two years later, the two boys remained close, calling themselves and friend Corey Feldman "the lost boys".

"As adults, we had a brotherhood and a kind of respect," Brandon said. "We always felt we are who we are and we just got to be the best we can for different people around us."

"He would be the one I talked to when a lot of stuff was going around about me and questions about who I am and where I come from," he added.

"He was like, 'Who does that serve? Does that serve you or does that serve everyone else's purpose? You are who you are, I am who I am. So it's up to us. We don't have anything to prove. We just live our lives. Those who know it, they know.'"

Brandon described his friend as a "wonderful" human, "He was super inspiring... He was cool and very intelligent, intelligent beyond his years. He was multi-faceted. He could be anywhere from serious, giving advice, to like super crazy and wild and dancing and partying. He was a very loving person as a brother."

He continued, saying he'd miss Benjamin's "laugh and his eyes" the most.

"I want people to know about his humility. He wasn't a spoiled kid. He was very humble, very giving, very loving, especially to his friends. It's just wild. There's nothing like this."

Lisa Marie’s manager, Roger Widynowsk, told TMZ that the star is devastated over the loss of her son.

"She is completely heartbroken, inconsolable and beyond devastated but trying to stay strong for her 11 year old twins and her oldest daughter Riley. She adored that boy. He was the love of her life."

The son of Danny Keough, Benjamin followed in his famous family’s footsteps and was also a musician. He also acted in a short film called Rod and Barry.

Benjamin kept quite a low profile, but was known to look almost identical to his famous grandfather.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/benjamin ... 34882.html

kevanbudd

Postby kevanbudd » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:45 pm

John

Postby John » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:15 pm

kevanbudd wrote:R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3ZqyjZ8xU

Kevan Budd.

Was this shown on American TV or what? Ben appeared to have very bad teeth, is that why he rarely smiled?

Freddy Freeman

Postby Freddy Freeman » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:44 pm

John wrote:Ben appeared to have very bad teeth, is that why he rarely smiled?

I noticed the same thing. Was it a gap between his front teeth or a broken front tooth?

John

Postby John » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:36 am

Freddy Freeman wrote:
John wrote:Ben appeared to have very bad teeth, is that why he rarely smiled?

I noticed the same thing. Was it a gap between his front teeth or a broken front tooth?

It looks like both.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:57 am

John wrote:
kevanbudd wrote:R.I.P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3ZqyjZ8xU

Kevan Budd.

Was this shown on American TV or what? Ben appeared to have very bad teeth, is that why he rarely smiled?

Good observation, John, I agree, and think that Ben seemed to be very aware of his teeth, in the video provided, he moved his tongue over the space.

How odd to not fix it.

Ben.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:37 am

TonyS wrote:Those depressive and destructive 'PRESLEY' family genes have a lot to answer for. :(

They certainly do. They are quite a weak family that don't know how to handle themselves properly. And the drugs seem to give them some kind of consolation and takes away the demons that are naturally in their genes - that they obviously don't like.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:04 am

Certain drugs eat away the enamel of the teeth and they rot away.

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 am

Mojo Filter wrote:
TonyS wrote:Those depressive and destructive 'PRESLEY' family genes have a lot to answer for. :(

They certainly do. They are quite a weak family that don't know how to handle themselves properly. And the drugs seem to give them some kind of consolation and takes away the demons that are naturally in their genes - that they obviously don't like.

Thank you Sigmund Freud.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:36 am

To be honest, i've never heard of Ben Keough. I knew Lisa had kids but didn't know anything about them or their names and what they do etc.

But then, Lisa and her kids or anyone connected to the Presley family have never interested me. Elvis is the only one i'm interested in for obvious reasons.

I've been reading elsewhere that some fans are complaining that his death is not mentioned on the Graceland website or something and think it's disrespectful and they owe it to the fans.

I mean, what the fuck as it got to do with the fans, anyway and why should it be owed to them? This is a private matter for the family, who are, I would imagine, still in shock and obviously grieving. Ben wasn't even really that well known and certainly wasn't a public figure as such. I'm probably not the only Elvis fan whose never heard of him.

Some fans need to go and fucking do one!
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

John

Postby John » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:51 am

Mojo Filter wrote:To be honest, i've never heard of Ben Keough. I knew Lisa had kids but didn't know anything about them or their names and what they do etc.

But then, Lisa and her kids or anyone connected to the Presley family have never interested me. Elvis is the only one i'm interested in for obvious reasons.

I've been reading elsewhere that some fans are complaining that his death is not mentioned on the Graceland website or something and think it's disrespectful and they owe it to the fans.

I mean, what the fuck as it got to do with the fans, anyway and why should it be owed to them? This is a private matter for the family, who are, I would imagine, still in shock and obviously grieving. Ben wasn't even really that well known and certainly wasn't a public figure as such. I'm probably not the only Elvis fan whose never heard of him.

Some fans need to go and fucking do one!

I have heard of him, but knew little about him, or any of Lisa's other children. Like you, I'm not interested in the Presley family.

As for the fans, you're right, nothing is owed to them. No one forced them to become fans or to spend their money on Elvis or anything connected to him. These fans are morons.

It's a private family matter, they must be in deep pain as any other family would be in similar circumstances. I'm sure whoever puts content on the Graceland website has been instructed accordingly by someone in the family, whether it's Lisa or Priscilla, although not necessarily directly, but through the management structure.

I'm sure many Elvis or Lisa fans will send sympathies or condolences, and that's not surprising, but other than that, they should be left to grieve.

elvis-fan

Postby elvis-fan » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:53 am

It's tragic that someone that young was tormented enough to take their life. It's been said that he was under a tremendous amount of pressure as Elvis' only grandson. Obviously, I can't relate to what he was going through... I can only equate it to the pressure Elvis must have felt being "Elvis Presley" and how he self-destructed. Two young men, in the prime of their lives, gone too soon...

Return to “Everything Elvis”