Shipping Question From the UK to the U.S.

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Shipping Question From the UK to the U.S.

Postby The Swamp Fox » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:50 am

Just wondering if I'm being overly concerned about a package? On May 8, I bought 3 cds from a longtime dealer in the UK. As of yesterday, May 11, the parcel still hasn't arrived. Hi's reaction is that he has no control over the speed of the shipping and has no tracking info. I've never had an issue, that I can recall, from this seller. I explained to him that since I purchased these cds that I had purchased 2 FTDs from another person in the UK ( from this forum) and they had already arrived, as well as a book from Japan, which had arrived. He stated to " be patient and they should be here sooner than later." I hate to contact ebay. Should I give it more time or go ahead and contact them? I'm assuming he sent it the most economical way. I appreciate your input.

John

Re: Shipping Question From the UK to the U.S.

Postby John » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:30 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:Just wondering if I'm being overly concerned about a package? On May 8, I bought 3 cds from a longtime dealer in the UK. As of yesterday, May 11, the parcel still hasn't arrived. Hi's reaction is that he has no control over the speed of the shipping and has no tracking info. I've never had an issue, that I can recall, from this seller. I explained to him that since I purchased these cds that I had purchased 2 FTDs from another person in the UK ( from this forum) and they had already arrived, as well as a book from Japan, which had arrived. He stated to " be patient and they should be here sooner than later." I hate to contact ebay. Should I give it more time or go ahead and contact them? I'm assuming he sent it the most economical way. I appreciate your input.

Who's the dealer? I would have thought it should have been with you by now.

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:47 pm

I pm'd you.

John

Postby John » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:59 pm

The Swamp Fox wrote:I pm'd you.

Yeah I saw it. I haven't dealt with this person before, so don't really know. It still seems like a long time.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:14 pm

The deliveries in the UK are a tad sporadic just now.

Staff shortages due to the pandemic vary location to location, & can affect delivery times.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:48 pm

It's chaos.

I ordered five CDs from Sweden, they sent them by Registered Mail on May 5, and they aren't here yet.

Furthermore, the tracking info gives the package as still being in Sweden on May 5.

Meanwhile, I have also received other stuff from England (hi Colin), and Germany, all of which arrived real fast.

Ben

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:10 pm

I have a standing order of beer once a month and, although I have May and June's, April never arrived and even the replacement box didn't so they've just delivered a third today. All three were signed fir and had a shipping code but went missing.

The post here is really bad at the minute m

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:41 pm

Ben wrote:I have a standing order of beer once a month and, although I have May and June's, April never arrived and even the replacement box didn't so they've just delivered a third today. All three were signed fir and had a shipping code but went missing.

Did you sober up in April ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:40 pm

On 19 may 2020 I've sent a parcel with 2 CD's from NL to the USA (New York area) and at the moment it's still not there. In the past a parcel arrived within a week.
In the present "corona" time I presume it lasts longer (no air mail - no service at customs - at the postoffice etc.)

colonel snow

Ben

Postby Ben » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:49 pm

Colin B wrote:
Ben wrote:I have a standing order of beer once a month and, although I have May and June's, April never arrived and even the replacement box didn't so they've just delivered a third today. All three were signed fir and had a shipping code but went missing.

Did you sober up in April ?

I had to go to the shop and get some emegency supplies in which ruined my bank balance.

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Always a good idea to pay the extra £5 for tracking, especially when the items cost upwards of £20.

As Colin says, shipping at the moment is not great at all. Some things are getting thru fine, others have considerable delays. Give it a week and if they're still not there, open a case with eBay.

Steve

Postby Steve » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:49 pm

I received an item from Germany recently that took over 6 weeks to arrive in the U.K!
When it finally arrived the Royal Mail tracking data was still stating that the item had not left Germany!
So I wouldn't rely too much on the tracking information at the moment.

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:07 am

international shipping is absolute chaos at the moment. It's probably not the seller's fault, though i usually think tracking is the better option for overseas sales.

Topic author
The Swamp Fox

Postby The Swamp Fox » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Rickeap wrote:international shipping is absolute chaos at the moment. It's probably not the seller's fault, though i usually think tracking is the better option for overseas sales.

I agree. Unfortunately, this guy, whom I've bought from over the years, didn't offer it.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:25 pm

Mister Moon wrote:It's chaos.

I ordered five CDs from Sweden, they sent them by Registered Mail on May 5, and they aren't here yet.

Furthermore, the tracking info gives the package as still being in Sweden on May 5.

Hallelujah !

Latest news - this is 39 days for a small parcel travelling within Western Europe. Must be a record :

CDs.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Everything Elvis”